Another Black Shark Pit project

BaD CrC

Ok, I can't find anything helpful. What is BSVP?

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I can't find anything helpful. What is BSVP?

Hmmm... this one's Search-Fu is weak... ;)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46579&highlight=BSVP

That should get you started. BSVP is Black Shark Virtual Panel. Between that, and TouchPal, you can do some amazing stuff, assuming you can put together the needed hardware to use it.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thank you, thank you, thank you

ACPI x86 based PC, Windows 7 64Bit, AMD Phenom IIX4 965 3.4GHZ, NVIDIA GTX 560, 8 GB RAM, 1 32" primary monitor, Track IR, Saitek pedals, custom cyclic with CH Pro base, custom collective, both using BUO836X cards

Guys,

Gillesdrone was kind enough to come to my house today to help me set up SIOC in order to have the LEDs working with BS.

We spent a few hours but I am happy now to have SIOC and BSVP working together now. LEDs are switching ON and OFF according to their state in the game. It's really great.

I will try tto have my wife help me to do a video and I will post it here.

• Like 1

Awesome set up, my congratulations to you

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Here are two videos of my pit. A long one showing the start up sequence (no sound) and a short one showing some cannon action.

A million thanks to Gillesdrone and thebest28 for their help with SIOC.

I will post some pictures too later of the pit with all the leds on.:prop:

Edited by BaD CrC

Nice setup!:thumbup:

Is it not possible to get the gauges near the ABRIS on the same screen?

Or are those what I see hiding at the very bottom of the monitor on the left?

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

I wish!!

BSVP is running on the secondary PC. So the left screen is independant from the 5 others.

It would be great to have all the instruments on one PC and the visuals on the other, but apparently it is not possible to export the ABRIS display. So yes, the three remaining instruments beneath the left screen are actually the ones that should be on the right. :(

Anyone creating an independant ABRIS gauge working through the network, will become a hero through the pit building community. :D

Perfect spot for that Trik ir

Good job probably worth about $15,000. put it up on Ebay and see what ya get for it?

I wish!!

BSVP is running on the secondary PC. So the left screen is independant from the 5 others.

It would be great to have all the instruments on one PC and the visuals on the other, but apparently it is not possible to export the ABRIS display. So yes, the three remaining instruments beneath the left screen are actually the ones that should be on the right. :(

Anyone creating an independant ABRIS gauge working through the network, will become a hero through the pit building community. :D

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

nice good F16 pits have average cost > 2000 € without time spent and tools cost...and with many months of work...

you can always have something interesting for much less... or you can also find passionated people spending much more... it is all about you

but consider these costs :

electronics spare parts (cable, switch, cards)

wood, paint

other peripherals (sticks, mods, screens, uupgrade of PC, and so on...)

tools you will need but don't have

depending on your skills and the size of your project... it may quickly grow...

and another cost, not so financiary :

time spent without your wife and children if you have any

the place where it will seat in your house

the dust and all that sort of trouble (noise, disorder...)

maybe some troubles may happen here...

a point to consider Before !

Edited by C6_Hellfrog

where hit in California with alimony and palimony. double wammy. :helpsmilie:

:music_whistling:... Alimony

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 2 weeks later...

OK, thanks to Gillesdrone, I got the APU lights, EXT AC, EXT DC, VLV START and all fire system lights working too.

I can do the full start sequence now, without looking at the screen.:pilotfly:

I am still missing the L140 light and many of the overhead panel.

Finaly, last night, I tweaked my multimonitor setup and succeeded to squeeze some extra fps out of it, which really makes a world of difference. I am now really enjoying the flight with minimum shuttering. The secret really is in the number of pixels you want to push out, not in the graphics settings of BS (details, textures and so on).

Hi Gilles,

Actually, I just finished this afternoon to assign to my SIOC cards ALL the leds available in the game (thanks to your explanations).

From what you gave me last week, I completed the files based on the mainpanel_init.lua and found all the offsets.

I finished all the overhead panel, so now all the 40 leds from the alert panel, plus datalink panel, UV26 leds and LWS panel are fully functional in the game (tested tonight). For some strange reason though I couldn't find thetwo leds for static pitot test and Ram Air RH. But I can live without.

I completed the offsets for all the leds for the PVI 800 and I finally found the L140 offset too.

To finish with, the weapon panel leds are now correctly assigned.

Flew a mission tonight, and I couldn't be happier with my pit. Every led is working as it should (about 128 leds!!).

:megalol:

Now I am waiting to se if someone can help me on the PVI 800 LCD.

congrats CRC,..it whould be nice if you can arrange a good movie capturer to catch the pit in action on the stream..

sounds really impressive..and i m bit curious on that!)

well what about the HUD? is it exportable too?

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Scudslaker.

If you look at one of my previous video, you'll see I don't need to export the HUD. But I think I have seen on the simmeters website a HUD export which was pretty impressive.

No, what I am really missing now is to export the PVI800 display on my LCD 20x2 display. And I am still hoping to add the missing gauges on the right part of the main panel someday.

hey mister bad!)

i know the simmeters products, but in my eyes..a little to expensive.

so maybe there is a cheaper way..??

i wish to have some free time, but without i have no chance to help with the pvi led. i am working on my project in planing mode..but time is the missing key to realize bigger steps actually.

but i am patient on that issue more or less, same like with the 2 WARTHOG things!)

TM HOTAS WH :joystick:, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR 4, 2xJoyWarrier, 1x KeyWarrior, i52500k @4600MHz, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, NV 670GT, SSD+ WD BC+ WD Raptor, 32HD:pilotfly:[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]