Campaign video preview

dimitriov

Thx Yorgon

starring the Caucasus map in the mission editor for Path between the woodlands and towns for cover, so far to the mental picture :wacko:

Test different ways no luck, seems on my RWR is pop up shilka threat, and I wiggle my gazelle in all directions for evasive action and suddenly from all points popping up more shilkas.

Put don't give up :furious:

Dimitriov it's not to find Paris, meatboy advise you more or less where to go but it's the enemy thread itself where you have find out there a possible way.

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want me to hide the ENI units ?

Yup, I think it would make sense to hide all enemy units.

The kneeboard map is just terribly inaccurate, and IMO the F10 map is the best substitute for an actual map that we have in DCS, short of opening a map on another device (Lino's beacon map comes to mind).

But with enemy units visible on the map, I never use it because it gives away too much information.

So my personal preference would be to hide all enemy units and also all triggers zones, so that the Mission Planner and the F10 map are usable without being like cheating.

But that's just my opinion. :smartass:

For the 3rd mission, refer to the global map on the Miz1 (I will precise it on the brief, wrote it on my paper), so you will know where is the Paris FARP and where is the London FARP. By the way, did you well study the .pdf before flying ? It's very important, don't hesitate to yuse maps which were from a previous mission, as long as the campaign focuses on the same region.

In that mission I hadn't used it yet. I think I started to look at the PDF around mission 6 or 7. For the earlier missions, I simply forgot it was there, even though I had actually known about it. :music_whistling:

Test different ways no luck, seems on my RWR is pop up shilka threat, and I wiggle my gazelle in all directions for evasive action and suddenly from all points popping up more shilkas.

I see. Yeah, there's plenty of them and I don't know if there's any safe route. I think we're also at a disadvantage because the AI can see and shoot through trees, but they're almost invisible to us when they're located in, or even near, a forest.

There are no pup up units on the campaign except for non important units. ;)

I'm sorry to say this, but flying this campaign without reading the .pdf is simply not the way it was thought.

Never got shot down on this one, just fly low and fast.

Nicolas

So my personal preference would be to hide all enemy units and also all triggers zones, so that the Mission Planner and the F10 map are usable without being like cheating.

I very much agree on this. In the first mission I opened the Mission Planner to review the route and saw all trigger zones laid out in front of me. I haven't used the Mission Planner since then to not spoil the mission.

As I rule of thumb, I would hide everything in the mission that should not be part of the briefing.

I think i have a bug in Mission 4 and I am stuck. The campaign is probably ruined for me :/

It is probably because i started the campaign before the DCS update

here is a description of what I did:

after rearming in Paris, i take off and get the briefing that enemy tanks are attacking from the main road. I went to WP 5 and nothing happens. No actions are triggered. The column of tatar tanks doesnt move when i went to attack them, i dont get the F10 option to ask the Apache to engage.

now i cant progress anymore :/

Edited by TomCatMucDe

here is what i did, i tried it 2 times:

1. took off

2. went to shoot the nasty Grad trucks

3. RTB rearmed and refueled. I heard the radio saying that evacuation has started

4. went to WP5 with 4 HOT and stationed there

5. the enemy column doesnt move, and i have no F10 radio option

Did the same twice also. Tried to wait at wp5, to go to the friendly forces and to attack the column. They never come to us. Just moved on the sides once attacked.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

5 mission: 25 waypoints. How to set up waypoint on NADIR more than 9 ????

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I get Time and motivation again, after I get little bit frustrated with Mission 3 to move forward with Mission 4 with the hardest part:

Wait you see nothing me to, was hard to get a nice gently landing on this tiny destroyer success :worthy:

attachment.php?attachmentid=141501&d=1464633093

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

So finally I have tonight for sure nightmares from the dam DRAX how is yell in my ears Mission 5 done the campaign is difficult as **** but so much fun to fly recommend this if you master the Gazelle.

Diving in the Hell not really warm welcome

attachment.php?attachmentid=141717&d=1464895555

Revenge

attachment.php?attachmentid=141718&d=1464895555

Back at Sukhumi at Roma Farp

attachment.php?attachmentid=141719&d=1464895555

Edited by MAD-MM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

This mission was planned to kill the player, try to be fair and to die next time ><

You don't even imagine all the time I spent placing each 23 mm right on the edge of the flight plan, just hoping you would get killed... And you dare come at me and say you survived ! You monster ! :D

Edited by dimitriov

To be fair, they was near to accomplish there Target after a unwary wide to high turn the shilkas send me farewell greetings and ripe my empty launcher tubes apart from my right weapons holder and some 23 mm bird strikes in my gazelle fuselage lucky me. :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

They also shot at me and i was manouvering like hell...

After surviving and approaching WP 09 i was fully confident to kill some bad asses and get the hell out of there. After a little search for the convoy, i wasn't able to shoot (no rectangle in the viviane) and thought my a/c was bugged...till i finally found out (after 10min and serveral convoy chases to stay in range), that this bloody shilkas shot both of my launcher tubes...

Mission failure...as real as it get's!

Dimitriov, what a great campaign!!! Wonderful, creative missions and tasks and a great immersion! And whoever complained about the british accend of Meatboy-1! It's just great!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals

To be clear, I never worked with someone as professionnal and motivated than Brix, who was in charge to record Meatboy voices.

If you've got a nice and immersive english version, it's as well thanks to his way of acting as well as his numerous hours spent in correcting my english mistakes ^^

People don't necessarily realize how much time and efforts are needed to make feel a character true and human, specially when he's supposed to be the main, central one, many tried during the recruitment, but few managed to do what I wanted. ;)

And if some people think that his way of acting isn't good, well, it's more to me than to him that it has to be said, as long as he speaks exactly as in the script I had written. My team, my responsability ;)

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

You and your team did just great! As i do my own missions, including voice acting, (none of them has been released...yet), i know how much effort it takes to create missions like that! I'm really looking forward to play the next missions!

GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - 64Gb RAM - Win11 - HP Reverb G1 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (40cm extension) - VKB Sim T-Rudder MKIV Pedals