need some advice with autopilot

JABO2009

Guys,

as Im getting more and more used to the lovely SA-342M, pls gimme some support on this:

After having learned the weapons system HOT, Im facing a bit trouble with the Autopilot.

I know the machine needs to stay very smooth in the airto get the AP working,...

but I have the feeling that when activting the autohover autopilot , the Gazelle really stays within the hover rectangle, and Sometimes IT DOES NOT and keeps going forward.

are there different options in the autopilot ? I want to stay with the gazelle in the 10x10meter "hovering rectangle" and not moving slightly forward...

Edited by JABO2009

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Hi Jabo,

make sure you Gyro Systems did proper work, the gyro stabilisation fails the Gazelle start moving in hover condition, also with strong crosswinds it start to drift a littel bit but nothing serious.

And the Nadir Navigation System have section for Indicated airspeed allways a big help to go fast from foward fly in fast stop use it.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Hi Jabo,

make sure you Gyro Systems did proper work, the gyro stabilisation fails the Gazelle start moving in hover condition, also with strong crosswinds it start to drift a littel bit but nothing serious.

And the Nadir Navigation System have section for Indicated airspeed allways a big help to go fast from foward fly in fast stop use it.

maybe this was the case, the had the switch to the "GM" position, but it takes some time to get the indication to "ON"

thx

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version