use second joystick for viviane sight

wolle

Sorry if this has been asked before. Is it possible (out-of-the-box without any software and hardware trickery) to hook up a second usb (small, cheap, compact) joystick and assign it to control the viviane sight? Don't have a second joystick, otherwise I'd try it out myself now. If yes, can anyone recommend small, cheap, compact joystick that can be ordered on line?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

You can hook as many joysticks as you want and assign the viviane controls to it. (used to have up to 13 USB ones in my cockpit). At least I think Polychop added the axes for the viviane in the last patch.

If you have only keys assigned to the viviane movement, then you can also use Xpadder, a fantastic little utility that will save you from a lot of headaches.

The main joystick functions as Viviane controls when you are in autohoover and in the seat of the 'gunner'. This is a good solution. But adding a second joystick dedicated to this task is very well possible. I used the slew control of the Warthog for that. As long as Windows can recognize it as a joystick, you can pretty much use anything you want.

Happy Flying! :pilotfly:

Allways think about such tools since flying gazelle Retro Joystick for WSO but that would Joystick Nr.4 puuhh to much cable...

jc_as01bk_1.jpg

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

yea love the accuracy of the joystick for slewing. wondering how that will work out in multiplayer with a shared cockpit?

but the inverted y-axis is a major headache: pulling the stick back makes the camera move up, and vice versa, opposite to the TDC in the A-10C and all other systems, and I would assume opposite to the joystick logic on the video console type control in a real Gazelle:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

but the inverted y-axis is a major headache: pulling the stick back makes the camera move up, and vice versa, opposite to the TDC in the A-10C and all other systems, and I would assume opposite to the joystick logic on the video console type control in a real Gazelle:(

i find that reasonable and must it be the same as on an other aircraft? i dont think so, maybe u can invert axis or somthin

Edited by rogonaut

You do know about the little check bot that changes that if you want, don't you? Tune Axis.

Only applicable if you have it mapped to a separate joystick/axis, if you're only using a single joystick for both the cyclic and viviane, you won't want it inverted, for obvious reasons.

IMO, it's intuitive the way it actually is. In aircraft, pulling back=up.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

On my X-55 throttle I use the upper grey 8-way can to slew U/D/L/R and the lower can forward to zoom in and back to zoom out. Top rotary push to switch daylight to thermal and bottom rotary push to center/reset camera to helo heading. Bottom rotary is right above the slew can so it's right there to hit to center

S/F

AldoUSMC

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

have any one extra joystick to control vivane? Call it something like mini Stick, most cheap arcade sticks working over micro pushbuttons not

precise enough. Small joystick with axis control? Found USB camera joystick Hall Effect 500 dollars :(, and old Atari retro looking really nice but only United States.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this has been asked before. Is it possible (out-of-the-box without any software and hardware trickery) to hook up a second usb (small, cheap, compact) joystick and assign it to control the viviane sight? Don't have a second joystick, otherwise I'd try it out myself now. If yes, can anyone recommend small, cheap, compact joystick that can be ordered on line?

I'm using an old sidewinder stick for that exact purpose, works perfectly plus added bonus of extra buttons for lasing etc. very cheap second stick on e-bay:pilotfly: