** Enhancement Thread **

Mt5_Roie

Hi Gents

Some typos in lua files are the source of these faults, it will be corrected in next updates as we spot them

Thanks

Controls Setup: many, but not all, functions are prefixed with "SA342" - which is redundant and serves no purpose. Could be removed, no?

edit:

oh, I think, I get it now - for debugging purposes? To distinguish between SA342 specific functions and DCS stock ones, right?

An Option to extract the coordinates from the Viviane system to use in lua Scripting or even better a create a "Unitname_spot_zone" that can be adressed in lua or the editors Trigger system.

That could be used to call units in zone Triggers, call virtual guided bomb strikes "explosion" in zone etc.

To use the Gazelle as a spotter/scout for real!

Could work like this:

-Commander "spots" enemy units

-button or radio command to generate "Report" (F10- Target type F1-Generic, F2-AntiAir, F3-Tanks, etc.)

-a new zone is bound with a pattern following "unitname_spot_zone" that is added like a moving zone so whereever the Viviane is looking there is a 10m diameter spotting zone attached to it?

Now, we could check if you have the correct unit in sight, for a recon mission accomplished, make you keep the spot on the enemy until a bomber is on station or call in airstrikes on zone or simply use a standard Trigger, "Explosion" bound to the Zone to simulate a Bomb, Cruise Missile or GBU?

Maybe there are even better ways of using/doing this, but the idea of using TGPs, Sights, Binos to actually do something with them apart from guiding weapons with lasers intrigues me since A-10C times.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Fly without doors is requested a couple or three times, but it does not appear on the front post. I will like to request this skins too:

Federal Yugoslavia Soko Galeb scheme.

2.-Hi-42-12708-Hera%20Soko%20Gaz_zpsbfsqywnu.jpg

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Been slacking on updating the main post...but it's in the master list we use. I've been working on the official checklists this week so a little behind on this wish list thread.

Fly without doors is requested a couple or three times, but it does not appear on the front post. I will like to request this skins too:

Federal Yugoslavia Soko Galeb scheme.

2.-Hi-42-12708-Hera%20Soko%20Gaz_zpsbfsqywnu.jpg

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

"I would like to see some more input possibilities. E.g. all rotating knobs should have a entry for 'rotating right' and 'rotating left'. Thus I can use my encoders..."

I agree, Especially NADIR knobs.

With these key binds I can make a complete touch control Nadir using the i pad app touch control. I already have all the buttons working in sim.

The cool thing with this app is the add-on for voice control!

I have not tried this yet but will report back when i do. If it works,

A voice control NADIR!

Thanks to The Gazelle, the rest of my aircraft sit collecting dust in the hanger:)

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Been slacking on updating the main post...but it's in the master list we use. I've been working on the official checklists this week so a little behind on this wish list thread.

Thanks. :)

Is the "non-FFB stick trim feature like in the Huey module" on the list as well?

(press trim, then return stick to centre)

It is really useful when using non-FFB stick.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

It's on the list. If I get time this week I'll update the initial post. But having way too much fun testing the new weapons right now.

Thanks. :)

Is the "non-FFB stick trim feature like in the Huey module" on the list as well?

(press trim, then return stick to centre)

It is really useful when using non-FFB stick.

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

It's on the list. If I get time this week I'll update the initial post. But having way too much fun testing the new weapons right now.

Thanks, that sounds super. :)

Almost not envious on your reasons not to have time to update the list. ;) :D

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

extracting co-ordinates from the Viviane would open a whole new world for observables and make them a serious asset on the battle field...

Especially if you could export those co-ordinates to the coms menu for artillery call or broadcast to team members which could than be transferred to each members kneeboard map... that would be sweet.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Would you consider modeling two more weapon types that were used on the licensed SOKO bulit SA 341/342 Gazelle called Gazela GAMA? Namely the soviet bulit Maljutka rocket and STRELA 2M.

Here is an example of the Maljutka rockets and STRELA (the tube between tthe 2 rockets) mounted on a GAMA:

d235.jpg

50164f1a6d9022637d0143ad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to have a JTAC team in the back of the Gazelle, preferably in the M version, so we can also use the Viviane.

After seeing that a Sniper team is coming I don`t mind if you can bring this and add a level of cooperation with other aircraft.

Salute

This module needs option to turn off image vibration - camera shake in cockpit, please. Just to save real eyes of virtual pilots. Shake is needed when heli goes from hover to flight, from flight to hover, in vortex ring state. At least we need some reducing of cockpit shaking.

P.S. By the way - Gazelle is good module, thank you.

Could you improve gauges textures(actually I meant "polygonal representation of a circle")? Because at this very moment they are probably the worst in DCS World. Even gauges textures of the oldest module Ka-50 looks better and smoother, not to mention A-10C. Some pics for comparison:

gaze1.thumb.jpg.ac44dce0c098158d0325b6dd449d2f44.jpg

gaze2.thumb.jpg.33dfb7a7c5af29180929e08942cf230d.jpg

gaze3.thumb.jpg.54d9d4837e6589812f46fe98a06ae7af.jpg

Edited by unbreakable

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

This module needs option to turn off image vibration - camera shake in cockpit, please. Just to save real eyes of virtual pilots. Shake is needed when heli goes from hover to flight, from flight to hover, in vortex ring state. At least we need some reducing of cockpit shaking.

P.S. By the way - Gazelle is good module, thank you.

+1 It's good implemented in other three heli in DCS World, they are not shaking all the time.

Edited by unbreakable

Windows 10/ I5-4690K/ Asus Z97-A/ Asus GTX 970/ 16 Gb DDR3 1600MHz/ 1920*1080 / TrackIR 5/ Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals