How to set mission complete?

bigchump

Hi All:

Just curious on how to set a mission complete for use in a singleplayer mission.

For instance, if a pilot completes certain tasks then the mission is complete.

All I've been able to do so far is trigger a message "Mission Complete", which doesn't get the job done....I don't want the monkey to land without completing certain stuff. I'm under the impression that landing completes a mission but that's not what I want to do.

Edited by bigchump

Page 105 of the DCS User Manual:

"Set Mission Goals

When evaluating a mission for success, draw, or failure, the simulation uses point totals that are assigned by the mission builder. If total points at the end of a mission are 49 or less, the mission is a failure; if total points equal 50, the mission is a draw. If total points are 51 or higher, the mission is deemed a success. This point total is also used to define which stage and mission may be chosen next in a campaign.

The same set of conditions used in the Trigger system is also used to define mission goals. In the Goal window, the list of all created goals is displayed in the top pane. Once a goal is selected by clicking on it, the conditions of the goal are listed in the bottom pane."

Basically use triggers to set various flags when actions are completed.

The goals then test those flags to see if they have been set determining the outcome of the mission.

The campaign will advance to the next stage for scores higher than 51. It will stay in the same stage for 50 points and go back to the previous stage for 49 or less points.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Page 105 of the DCS User Manual:

"Set Mission Goals

When evaluating a mission for success, draw, or failure, the simulation uses point totals that are assigned by the mission builder. If total points at the end of a mission are 49 or less, the mission is a failure; if total points equal 50, the mission is a draw. If total points are 51 or higher, the mission is deemed a success. This point total is also used to define which stage and mission may be chosen next in a campaign.

The same set of conditions used in the Trigger system is also used to define mission goals. In the Goal window, the list of all created goals is displayed in the top pane. Once a goal is selected by clicking on it, the conditions of the goal are listed in the bottom pane."

Basically use triggers to set various flags when actions are completed.

The goals then test those flags to see if they have been set determining the outcome of the mission.

The campaign will advance to the next stage for scores higher than 51. It will stay in the same stage for 50 points and go back to the previous stage for 49 or less points.

Yeah, I read that stuff also. That doesn't mean it works like it's supposed to.

I would expect some bells and whistles when a mission is successful but *apparently* nothing happens to let the player know he "won" unless it's done through triggers or the Campaign screen.Have you ever gotten this thing to work on a single mission?

Edited by bigchump

You can make any messages you want, so you could make "1st Objective Complete" (or 2nd, etc.) messages and award points. Then you could make a "Mission Complete" message at the end when all objectives are completed. Is that what you want?

You can make any messages you want, so you could make "1st Objective Complete" (or 2nd, etc.) messages and award points. Then you could make a "Mission Complete" message at the end when all objectives are completed. Is that what you want?

Award points? How? I know it can be done in campaigns but that's not what I'm looking for.

There is a section for this. I think it might be called "Mission Goals" or something like that. You can set it to award points (or take away points) in multiple instances when your flags are equal to set values.

Sorry, normally I would've answered sooner.

• 5 years later...
Yes the game engine will not do any mission complete messages for you. It's up to the mission designer to decide what message is appropriate and when to display it.

You can look at an example in this mission.

When the user is killed a message is displayed.

I don't think that's what the OP is asking...

The OP wants to know how he can get a Mission success message when he QUITS the mission. I'm actually wondering how to do this as well.

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

Pretty sure this isn't possible for a standalone mission, as there isn't any state associated with a mission outside of the mission itself.

Basically as @kontiuka said.

You can use the goals system to set the "Results" score displayed on the debrief screen for players who actually pay attention to that, but mostly you'll just tell the player in-game that they've completed the objective.

repeat trigger>condition 1 AND condition 2 etc> ACTION: message to all "That's all folks" PLAYSOUND "Jubilant trumpet.ogg"

Conditions are limited to things like group destruction/damage, this would be the hard part. But without an example of what is required you are answering your own questions... what do I want to happen when something happens. I guarantee you dont want the mission to suddenly end, that is the worst feeling for a player unexpectedly.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *