Pilot body - great but...

kobalt_

Hey,

Just updated to latest version of DCS (1.2.12) today, starting a new flight in Ka-50.

Nice, now i see my virtual pilot body :

785261Screen141204181735.jpg

I play with a TrackIR. Question : how to reach right panel now ? :music_whistling:

679337Screen141204181754.jpg

See the problem ? Even when moving my head/view to top right corner, i'm still unable to reach some buttons :

970534Screen141204181915.jpg

Virtual pilot body is a great addition for realism though. Not blaming ED here, and I don't know what solution could be used, except having a one-armed pilot :lol:

Disabling pilot body for now :smilewink:

Also, I think the pilot body has been there for a while. Well, before 1.2.12.

I bought BS2 2 years ago and it's been there at least that long!

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

The pilot body is there since the very beginning, i.e. BS1. You can quickly disable it as washout said. Also, for those not using TIR there's a way to move the camera anywhere in the cockpit quickly and easily. See: DCS cameras, views and video recording

Funny, I've had the Ka-50 since BS1 as well and never saw a pilot body till last night in it. I have a pilot body in some of the other planes.

It's always been off by default. In the Shark I tend to complete startup and then enable it.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

It gets even worse when you try to reach for the ekran switch.

I've known for a while that the pilot body option has been there for a long time. Just that for me it doesnt work when I use the ricardo cockpit mod.

This is the first time I had the body work while having the cockpit mod.

OT: is the kneeboard functional ? Can i put in my own images in there ?

@ Suchacz,

You could switch on/off the pilot body since the BS1. The pilot disappears with the introduction of A-10C.

Thats clever a BS pilot who runs and hides at the sight of an A10..lol.

• Like 1

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

Thats clever a BS pilot who runs and hides at the sight of an A10..lol.

Lol, I didnt tought about what I wrote in that way :lol:

It is a good idea to hide yourself when Warthog is lurkink around on its mission. You never know when it chose you as a target :D

Just for info, I'm still using BS1 and it has the visible pilot.

TrackIR allows you to move your head, and view, forward, backward and side to side. Then you can see all of the side and rear panels, even with the pilot visible. Check the TrackIR manual and program to find out which axis controls those movements.

But even being able to see the panels with TrackIR it's still sometimes easier to use the default NumPad 0+3 keys to view the right hand panel as you get a larger fixed view; which makes it much easier to throw switches and push buttons.

Edited by dsobbe
Added text.

• 2 weeks later...

To the topic :smilewink:: I use 6DOF TIR and no bigger problem (BS1). However without pilot's body it's better, see headless man.:megalol:

ScreenShot_000.thumb.jpg.2a437c86438045acd417f37739f3c3c9.jpg

greetings

latware

(Intel Core i7-4790K;NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970;2xdisplay 1920x1080;Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar+pedals;TrackIR3 6DOF)