Another Black Shark Pit project

BaD CrC

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If I keep on looking at posts like this I'm gonna end up reallllllly wanting to build a pit!

Great job looks amazing! :)

i7-920 @3.8Ghz / MSI X58m / 8GB DDR3 / 2 x HD5770 / Asus-vw226h @1920x1200 / 2x OCZ Vertex 2 80GB SSD's / Win 7-64 / TrackIR 5 / Saitek x52 / Razer BlackWidow Mech Keyboard / Razer Deathadder

Stuttering or fps problems? Updated April 25/11: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=68060

Check out this fantastic list of must have and FREE programs: http://www.logichaos.com/joomla/component/content/article/35-text-guides/82-ultimate-list-of-free-programs-for-windows.html

BaD CrC,

Do you have panel drawings that you used as a template? I got nothing:(

Two, go over to the Helios web site to see my cyclic and collective set-up. It isn't fancy but I am trying to match the KA-50, again without any scale drawings:(

Kurt "Froglips" Giesselman

wishing someone would do a two seat sim like LB2...I ain't much of a pilot but I am a helava good shot.

System specs: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 4170, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x Palit 560Ti 2GB video cards SLI, TIR 4, 26" main display, 21.5" Helios display, 10" Shkval display, 9" ABRIS display, XKeys Pro panel, Copy Cat Controls cyclic/collective w/custom KA-50 head/rudder

Two, go over to the Helios web site to see my cyclic and collective set-up. It isn't fancy but I am trying to match the KA-50, again without any scale drawings:(

I will be interested to see how you get along with your collective switchbox Froglips because that is the next phase of my project. I know my setup bears no resemblance to a Ka-50 but I would like my switchbox to look as close as possible to the real thing. At the moment the only thing wired up is the hat switch on the cyclic grip.

Pete.

Dscn0992_50.thumb.jpg.27167b9f33cf7ccbbc102e2744519e20.jpg

Dscn1000_50.thumb.jpg.fff9eec581ac2e127fa89677a40a7343.jpg

Sweet! Did you build your seat yourself? Looks like a nice cyclic.

Collective is halfway through very tedious wiring process.

I am using an Xkeys matrix board. Looks like you have something different in your seat.

I will try to get more pictures up tonight.

wishing someone would do a two seat sim like LB2...I ain't much of a pilot but I am a helava good shot.

System specs: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 4170, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 2 x Palit 560Ti 2GB video cards SLI, TIR 4, 26" main display, 21.5" Helios display, 10" Shkval display, 9" ABRIS display, XKeys Pro panel, Copy Cat Controls cyclic/collective w/custom KA-50 head/rudder

I obtained the seat from a crashed Gazelle and the grip with the upper part of the cyclic stick came from a Westland Wasp I believe. Other than those two things and the pedals I have made the rest myself. The joystick interface is a USB Joystick Controller BU0836X purchased from Leo Bodnar (http://www.leobodnar.com) I can highly recommend it, works very well.

Hi Froglips. You mean the cockpit dimensions and blueprints or the files to print the labels? I think I posted some of them (both for dimensions and labels) but if you tell me what you want, I can probably post them again.

Peter Pilot: very jealous of your gazelle seat. This is a real treasure for a pit builder. Cannot agree more about BU0836X. I am using 11 of them on my pit :-P.

Peter Pilot: very jealous of your gazelle seat. This is a real treasure for a pit builder. Cannot agree more about BU0836X. I am using 11 of them on my pit :-P.

I'd be tempted to swap my seat if I could have half the energy that you have put into your cockpit BaD CrC. I spend ages working on mine and make such slow progress.

BaD CrC, Where did you get sizes of cockpit parts, can you tell me some of them? Please help me, my English is bad and it is too hard for me to search in Englishspeaking forum. And in russian forum everybody says me to look here =(.

Edited by Varden

Hi Froglips. You mean the cockpit dimensions and blueprints or the files to print the labels? I think I posted some of them (both for dimensions and labels) but if you tell me what you want, I can probably post them again.

Peter,

Yes, both. You can either point me to the thread where they are or repost.

The collective is done except for the rotor brake/altitude lever and lettering (dry transfer labels on order). Full build description at www.scsimulations.com under Realistic KA 50 cyclic and collective.

I have started on the cyclic. I am using a highly modified Saitek Cyborg USB. It has three button and a hat control so no changes up top even though it doesn't look the part. I will add trimmer, hover, and autopilot disengage buttons and wheel brake lever.

I have not figured out what to do about the very complex gun/weapon firing trigger set up. I am thinking of opening up the Saitek to get to the internal wiring (four buttons on the base plus shift key are unused) but scared to death I won't be able to get it back together. We'll see if I get that brave.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

Digging up the topic with an update. :)

Thanks to Gadroc help from SC Simulations, I could get rid of my secondary networked PC running BSVP and have Helios running on my main PC only while letting SIOC managing the leds.

This also allowed me to have all my front panel functional with all gauges as well as a working EKRAN.

Eventhough my 2 ATI 5850 have to manage 6 screens at the same time, I am still getting a good 30+ fps on Black Shark. Can't be happier.

Here is a demo video:

And a pic:

S1000268.JPG

• Like 1