Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's a quite complicated in FC2 due the code is changed since we develop a smoke management lua for FC1.12 Mig-21. I don't able to provide an exact workaround now because our script is not finished yet and in this case I don't want to release for a public... It'll available when the mod is released as well.

By the other hand you shouldn't possible to implement this code for the other plane with simple copy/paste due our smoke management belong the custom engine management and that belong the another custom Mig-21 script and so on...

So you have to write an own script for your plane engine management first than you have to write your lua for the smoke management based on the upcoming Mig-21 lua I guess...

I does not look as powerful as one may expect from a 5kt weapon. Many vehicles lasted way too long.

And, I have to admit that I've expected them flying trough the air on a wake of the blast :)

BTW, isn't milit designation for "8U69", and factory only 244N (not H)?

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

It's difficult to simulate the real 5kT blast effect due the FC2 has a lot of limitation. Only two way possible: I set the simple warhead as 5kT TNT but in this case only the static buildings are damaged, the other cars, armors are undamaged. The other way is to set all warhead parameter to maximum that provide the vehicles/planes destroy as well.

The real 244H is planned to use against the airports, and vehicle columns so i try to simulate this effects.

In the real the bomb can be used three different fuze/impact/explosion setting:

- use parachute, proximity fuze and explode in the air (that create a better damage on the buildings, but produce high radiation)

- use impact fuze (that create a better damage on the vehicles, but produce mid radiation)

- delayed fuze, that provide an explosion under the ground (that create a medium damage on the vehicles and buildings also and produce the lower radiation)

According the existing docs and conversation of the Russian pilot's who's stationed in Hungary (515 ИАП Тёкёль) and was QRA with this weapon in mid 80's - The last method is preferred to use at this time because after this the army can be occupy this area after the short time.

The bomb full name is "8У49 "Татьяна" Изделие 244H (Нежность) Специальные Aвиабомба"

Thanks for the info :)

Pity about effect limitations. Still, after having some fun with it, honestly I do not think that I'll use it too often.

Oh, I was only referring to H-N cyrillic-latin in video title. Ruskie is 244H, latin is 244N.

Back to MiG-21...

sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet....

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

GASP! I like it!

Will this replace another airplane? Not that it would bother me at all! FC2 is able to show a mouse cursor in the cockpit, can we use that to start it up? Will it have its own flight model?

Sorry for being behind. I ask alot of questions.

@Zakatak: It'll replace F-16A slot. The FC2 is not capable to use a mouse cursor in the cockpit like Ka-50, A-10C. And the Mig-21 have an own FM as well.

@neutryno: It's a first test when I set the simple warhead to 5kT. It's created a huge explosion but doesn't damaged anything... :-(

Yes not even buildings...

The F-16A has two different slot so you can confugure it to the second CLSID ( return plane("{2B1638C8-9321-4d90-A7C8-8E9EB342C0F5}", "F-16A MLU", _("F-16A MLU"),

) as well.

There are 20 years in the difference mate...

You know what flies alot like a Cessna 172? A Cessna 152. 20 years difference.

Both are mach 2 energy-based multi-role fighters, if I HAD to pick an FM to use out of the ones available if I couldnt make my own, likely the F-16A or maybe the F-5E.

Nothing in the game is like it, but some are closer then others.

The F-16A has two different slot so you can confugure it to the second CLSID

@Beczl & JohnX : If you thing that you can use 2 différent 3D Models on the F-16A, I'm sorry, but this is not possible.

The F-16A has 2 slots but only one 3D Model. It's more like a twin, you can only change the type of skins and the pylon configuration.

But a solution (used by Pink_tigrou for the Gripen), is to use the F-16C 3D model (It is another one) for the F-16A slots. This frees the F-16A Slots.

EVAC : French fighter school on LockOn: Flaming Cliffs

Moding tutorials at C6

You know what flies alot like a Cessna 172? A Cessna 152. 20 years difference.

Both are mach 2 energy-based multi-role fighters...

Nonsense. Poor logic. By that logic, an A380 and a C152 are very similar because they aren't armed. :rolleyes: