Unable to start or stop engines

ARR53

I am unable to proceed past the start-up tutorial where I am supposed to turn the engines on. I understand that I have to use the key commands because my joystick cant lift from off to idle, but it still will not budge. I made sure to have my throttle stick was at 0% and I also tried at 100%. It is very frustrating that I am unable to proceed past the first tutorial. Is there any thing I'm doing wrong? Thanks

I had this issue a while back. Calibrate your throttle axis and see if that fixes it.

I've tried that several times, but I guess I'll do it again to be sure.

Edit: Still not working after calibration

Edited by ARR53

I had a problem before with buttons not working etc, I'll just post in here what helped me fix it:

The first thing to do is delete the contents of this folder.

C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS Warthog\Config

Then restart the sim and try loading your profile again. It will recreate the contents of that folder. I think you may be doing things correctly but you are dealing with a corrupt file somewhere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Hmm, you are new to this sim, right? No offense, but did you check that you assigned the Buttons with "A-10C Sim" selected as controlset? The easy overlooked pulldown on the upper left of the Controls configuration screen :smartass:

Have you switched OFF the gameplay options "Game Flight Mode" and "Game Avionics Mode"?

Check that you map the "Throttle Right Up Step" to a key or button and "Throttle Left Up Step" respectively to another... the "Step" is important for the Startup if Iremember correct!

Hope these tips help identify your issue. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I uninstalled the steam version and did a fresh install from the download on this site. It still will not work. I made sure it is not in game mode and that the keys are mapped correctly. any other suggestions?

Does it work with all the sticks and stuff disconnected? If so, there's obviously a conflict.

I made sure I had no sticks plugged in when I tested after re-installing. But it still didn't work

Move your throttle(s) to max and then back to minimum before issuing this command. This will happen if your throttles are not at idle - which can happen even if the throttle lever is physically at idle - if the controller itself hasn't seen a movement it might be sending a command other than idle to DirectInput until you move it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

recommend you read up on startup

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Move your throttle(s) to max and then back to minimum before issuing this command. This will happen if your throttles are not at idle - which can happen even if the throttle lever is physically at idle - if the controller itself hasn't seen a movement it might be sending a command other than idle to DirectInput until you move it.

This isnt the case since I tried without any sticks plugged in.

I had the same problem with my warthog.

Before starting the engines I have to cycle the throttles to max and then back down. After that everything works fine. Before that when I set to idle nothing happens and the throttle in the cockpit doesn't move.

Give that a try with your throttle before starting. If that doesn't work try the full cycle and then bump it up just a tad.

Good Luck

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down