DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're complaining about WW2 planes, why wouldn't you be complaining about crappy old jets? The workload in those is pretty heavy once you get into the early radar age.

Old jets have something. F-4, F-5, MiG-21, 23/27, Su-22.... Cold War times... times of mystery, inspiration, and the soul of plane design on both sides.:)

I just don't see WWII tractor next to the A-10 over Caucasus. Maybe I don't know something but to what is it going to fire?

If there were more ready AI WWII planes, terrain, buildings ect ect.... that would change my look.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Other companies announce their grand plans years ahead. Then they push that date a couple of times. Sometimes, there's a release eventually. Other times, it turns out to be vapourware. Finally, we're treated with a final release plagued with trouble.

This far, ED have delivered amazing simulators with discounted beta versions of far better quality than most other companies final release versions. They push three of them out the door in the time certain other companies went from announcing their new product to releasing a product which doesn't really run or do half of what it said on the tin.

I'm quite happy to not have announcements far ahead of time. :)

And the objects by modding teams, hence why I love this community :)

humm, not really, I like my stuff working as it should as I take it out the package. I know a lot of people would disagree but IMO modding is patching whatever the developer didn't do right in the first place. Very personal opinion, but honest.

If it is going to be online compatible with A-10 and BS then that means you will be flying over our current map and perhaps Nevada.;)

Yes, but people (me inclusive) is struggling to see the relationship between one thing and the other. Shift the interest from combat sim, eastern europe, etc (while keeping it possible) and maybe it will become more palatable for the sceptics.

Make it a new thing, not more of the same with a new plane.

By the way P-51 rocks!!!

The plane itself took enough effort - a whole new terrain, not to mention vehicles, AI, etc, would be a serious problem. That's not to say some 3rd party can't do such things.

ED already has terrain underdevelopment (Nevada) and other things that they are busy with, as you can see from the announcement, not to mention details you don't know about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I will certainly buy it just to fly this aircraft done well, and to support ED, but I sure hope they at least change the name of the executable so TIR and such can tell what is running.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I appreciate your effort to present me WWII air fights, but I am really not fan of that age and technology.

So, Ill step over this one ac and wait for something that at least has turbojet engine.

Huum, im sure if you fly the warthog, you can only love the P51 .... its not really as the warthog can do Mach 3... The Warthog is a gun with wings, dont forget in WWII, they had mostly only guns. One of the idea behind the creation of the warthog, was to replace the old ground fighters who have been used till the WW2 through the vietnam in close troup support. During the vietnam wars, planes as the P51 was still used for this mission, they was slow, ( too slow for the mig ), they was flying low, and they was perfect for attack ground targets ( soldiers, bunkers, line of vehicule )... for a long time, all have been put to create multi role hunters, but no one was perfect for close support. Before the warthog.

Anyway, i like the idea of the P51, this plane is a legend, it can only have a perfect place in the series, Flying legend.

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

The plane itself took enough effort - a whole new terrain, not to mention vehicles, AI, etc, would be a serious problem. That's not to say some 3rd party can't do such things.

ED already has terrain underdevelopment (Nevada) and other things that they are busy with, as you can see from the announcement, not to mention details you don't know about.

Then why spend a lot of time and personnal on this project because what's the purpose of adding a WWII airplane into a modern environment ???

A lot of WWII simulator are already existing...

Then why spend a lot of time and personnal on this project because what's the purpose of adding a WWII airplane into a modern environment ???

I agree

Another DCS wont sell as a jet air to air can.

Continue waiting...

Greetings

Why are such detailed WW2 aircraft popular in FSX? That's a modern environment.

Nate

Old jets have something. F-4, F-5, MiG-21, 23/27, Su-22.... Cold War times... times of mystery, inspiration, and the soul of plane design on both sides.:)

I just don't see WWII tractor next to the A-10 over Caucasus. Maybe I don't know something but to what is it going to fire?

If there were more ready AI WWII planes, terrain, buildings ect ect.... that would change my look.

@Bob: Good news... you can kill the A-10C then. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nate

I completely agree with that... maybe we can call it... " nostalgy and respect ".

Personally, give me a F4U Corsair ( Papy ) , a P51, a Spit and i think i will be like a kid to play with it...

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

Nate

Probably because FSX is for grabbing your aircraft and have a "flight in the park"? ;)

When I fly a warbird in FSX it always gives me the impression of flying an oldtimer just for fun and not taking off for a fight in a certain conflict-scenario (between 193X and 195X).

As so often before in these forums it's again a matter of taste That means we will have those who like it and those who don't and both should be free to express their feelings, not only the "Groupies". ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Looks nice, this P-51. I'll buy it to support ED, but, I look forward to flying next in the DCS modern jets series ....

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

But with DCS, someone's going to fire the guns. Someone might end up hit. Tempers will flare. A fight will start ... ;)

As so often before in these forums it's again a matter of taste That means we will have those who like it and those who don't and both should be free to express their feelings, not only the "Groupies". ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda