DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

Meet "Ferocious Frankie":thumbup:

Might want to look up Miss Velma :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an aviation fan, historical has significance to me...the only sim I need on my comp these days is dcs so for the sheer love of flying combat aircraft I'm all over this. The modern setting has no significance to me, the airframe is bad ass.

I've said it before and I stand by it, I'll purchase all dcs modules simply because they are IMHO the best combat experience out there. I understand it's not for everybody

, but some of the opposed opinions seem to lack an understanding of what flying legends is all about and how it's being developed.

I really cannot see an ounce of negativity in this announcement as any new developments in the genre are positive. Especially because it's not taking away from the main focus.

Neat. WWII isn't my favorite era, but still ought to be interesting. I'm sure there'll be some strange/fun/amusing missions made for this.

Hopefully at some point the Legends line will branch out into the early jet era, too. Maybe we should open a collection for TFC to buy a MiG-21? How much do they run these days, anyway?

DCS Wiki! :book:

P51's best adversary

Hi all,

I still find it strange to put the Mustang in the A10's environment, but I cant wait to fly it! As I understand it, this is just the beginning of several 'Legends' planes to be modeled.

So...my question is: What would be the best / most fun match up with the Mustang? In my mind, it would have to be a German plane, most likely the Me109 or FW190. Now, these dogfights in the DCS environment could be epic!

TC

well folks ... it not difficult to understand everyone of you ..... but just think about it-> JUST ENJOY THAT THERE IS STH NEW and the real simbusiness wont die out

just a silly comparison: You really like blonde girls ! - would u kick a redhaired girl out of ur bed ?

i mean .... be honest ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

I'm an aviation fan, historical has significance to me...the only sim I need on my comp these days is dcs so for the sheer love of flying combat aircraft I'm all over this. The modern setting has no significance to me, the airframe is bad ass.

I've said it before and I stand by it, I'll purchase all dcs modules simply because they are IMHO the best combat experience out there. I understand it's not for everybody

, but some of the opposed opinions seem to lack an understanding of what flying legends is all about and how it's being developed.

I really cannot see an ounce of negativity in this announcement as any new developments in the genre are positive. Especially because it's not taking away from the main focus.

i forgot

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are two types of fighter pilots - those who have, and those who will execute a magnificent break turn towards a bug on the canopy . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/user/schnarrsonvomdach

http://www.twitch.tv/schnarre

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Schnarre-Schnarrson/876084505743788?fref=ts

You know, we'll likely be able to finally empty the tank behind the cockpit first, as actual P-51 pilots did. I did not like that the P-51 in IL-2 emptied this tank last without my consent.

I don't know if the P-51D would have been my first choice for a WWII study sim(I'd have liked the Jug(P-47) or Lightning(P-38)), but, knowing ED, this will more than likely end up being another excellent DCS module. I'll likely purchase it to support ED, as well as toy around with what may end up being the most intricately-detailed simulation model of a WWII airplane yet.

Here's to hoping that ED includes a European(or maybe Pacific) front in which we can fight realistic battles with this bird, complete with (at least) AI B-17s, Me-109s, and FW-190s.

Wow cant wait for this. Guess it will be interresting to see what the modders will do with it once it is released. P-51 + CBU-97 + AGM-65 + Sidewinder = ???

Well at least I can finally trash my copy of Cliffs of Dover :)

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Can't give anymore rep to some people :megalol: you guys kill me.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Some people are saying that this P-51D would be easier for ED to design etc than the A-10C, KA-50, if that is true then perhaps ED have put out the P-51D in order to keep the community busy and to give them more time to work on the next fast jet. Also this brings a whole new community of people who are interested in Warbirds, meaning ED will make more money, which may even allow them to hire more people to get produce more planes at a faster rate than they currently are. Good move from ED IMO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First to Fight, First to Strike.

Well done E.D. :thumbup: and (hope) will done :D

I was expecting this plane P-51 Delta

It hasn't got Delta wings but will be interesting online :joystick:

Hogs vs Mustangs :pilotfly:

-----------------------------------------------

I think this is a side step but moreover:

"That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind." :P

iAoZP6EuaDk

Yep... it isn't German but fine :megalol:

I hope we will get soon some Fokes, Messers, Spits, Las, Yaks and Zeros also :yes:

I understand you Cali but you should understand these rows too:

There are many simulations with P-51D and with F-16, F-15 and F-18. That's why i hope next DCS Serie (after P-51D and FC3) will an "almost-present-day" fast F-... or MiG/Su ^

I agree, but don't forget the same "hell of a more time needed" radar modeling/modes and other "classified" stuff if you'd like to get new Fighter/Multi-role DCS aircrafts too :book:

No problemo: here comes: HogStang :smartass:

attachment.php?attachmentid=55221&d=1313350546

attachment.php?attachmentid=55222&d=1313350546

attachment.php?attachmentid=55224&d=1313352753

attachment.php?attachmentid=55225&d=1313352753

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1273306&postcount=3985

man you are teasing me. I saw that. I am racking my brains for 4 days trying to get that polished look. :doh::doh::doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much as I love Mustangs, helped my Father for many years restoring his. Even had a couple of back seat rides, it doesn't really float my boat. I will get it for a bit of fun but not for any serious combat.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir