No reply from wingman or JTAC in Georgian Hammer

McBlemmen

Hello

I've recently started trying to do the campaign for the A10c , georgian hammer (without CA).

After about 10 fails on the second mission (i think its the second mission , not 100% sure , i started the campaign months ago) i decided to learn how to use jtac properly before i attempt to do campaign.

So i did some quick generated missions after watching some jtac tutorials and it worked fine. (Other then the fact they ran out of targets even though i still saw hostiles on the F10 map)

Then i went back to the campaign , but now i'm not getting any replies from jtac or my wingman at all. I can talk to them (the radio menu commands aren't grayed out (i use easy communications)) yet no response whatsoever. I tried to use the actual radio in the cockpit and couldnt get a reply that way either (however it is VERY likely i just did that wrong).

The AWACS keep spamming me with messages , though.

Is the campaign locked into certain realism settings? Or is this just a bug? I also have CA , so if running the CA campaign instead will fix this then i will just do that.

Thank you

Edited by McBlemmen
typo

Are all the radios turned on?

sorry, I know this is basic but I'm not sure your level of skill. I've never used easy radio either- so I don't know if they're on by default.

If AWACS is spamming you then I know the VHF AM is on... not sure about the FM...

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Yeah i went back just to make sure , they're on. They've always worked fine for me (with easy communication)

I'm gonna fire up the CA campaign and see if i have the same problem there

Oh and apparently the ATC doesnt reply either.

This is ONLY in the campaign , not in quick missions

Edit : nope , the CA campaign doesnt work properly either

Edited by McBlemmen

Will try and take a look.

Are you using version 1.2.7 ?

Are you talking about the campaign mission "Push - 1-2.miz" ?

(check in the mission editor for the specific mission file you are having difficulty with).

Edited by Drunken_Skull

Stuka Pilot by Hans Ulrich Rudel

War of the Rats by David L. Robbins

Ghost Force: The Secret History of the SAS by Ken Connor

Using the mission editor; load up "Push - 2-3.miz". Fly mission and attempt to use the radio to communicate with AI assets (wingman, jtac, etc).

Tested in DCS Version 1.2.7 (Stable) ; Could not re-create the error (all comms with jtac and wingman work)

Tested in DCS Version 1.2.8 (Beta) ; Error re-created easily. (radio appears to be broken, no response from AI assets).

I think It's a bug in the 1.2.8 beta, a good temporary solution would be to use the 1.2.7 stable release until the beta is debugged further.

If anyone else can verify it would help out greatly.

thanks.

Did you try and save "Push - 2-3.miz" from mission editor in 1.2.8. Saving (without changing anything) in new version sometimes rectifies the faulty radios.

Cheers

Hans

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it, and there was no change in behaviour, comms remains broken after the save.

Bug Observed in 1.2.8 (beta)

Comms in the a10c campaign (using easy comms) appears to be broken

Tested in DCS Version 1.2.7 (Stable) ; Could not re-create the error (all comms with jtac and wingman work)

Tested in DCS Version 1.2.8 (Beta) ; Error re-created easily. (radio appears to be broken, no response from AI assets).

To re-create the fault

Using the mission editor; load up "Push - 2-3.miz". Fly mission and attempt to use the radio to communicate with AI assets (wingman, jtac, etc).

AI units will fail to respond to commands (fault condition achieved).

Temporary Workaround

A good temporary solution would be to use the 1.2.7 stable release until the beta is debugged further.

Alternatively, txmtb reports being able to get around this bug by not using easy comms in the options menu.

Fault Status

Flagged under " » Digital Combat Simulator » DCS World » DCS Open Beta 1.2.8 Test Reports » a10c Radio broken in Campaign » " ( http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2046973#post2046973 )

Edited by Drunken_Skull
  • Like 1

Just ran the missions in 1.2.8 and had no problems raising ATC, wingman, both JTAC's and AWACs. I don't use easy comms though.

Tested both CA Push 2-3 and Push 2-3 under 1.2.8 Beta. Didn't save either mission in editor before running.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Thanks for the help guys , i was thinking it might have been a 1.2.8 bug but i didnt want to report it on the bug reports becouse it was just a guess and didnt want to look stupid for missing something obvious. If its az bug i'm sure it'll get fixed , so no problem :)

Thanks!