will this run the game?

canadabear07

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name BRENDAN-PC

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model GA-78LMT-S2P

System Type X86-based PC

Processor AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core Processor, 3800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F3, 10/18/2012

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6002.18005"

User Name brendan-PC\brendan

Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB

Total Physical Memory 3.25 GB

Available Physical Memory 2.02 GB

Total Virtual Memory 6.72 GB

Available Virtual Memory 5.42 GB

Page File Space 3.54 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Adapter Description AMD Radeon R7 200 Series

Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

would this system run the game? I plan on upgrading to 8gb of ram tomorrow.

DCSW is free. Best you can do is download it and run it and judge for yourself. The MFD's on the A-10 and the ASM can eat up a little more resources than the free Su-25/TF-51, but it shouldn't be a huge difference.

Fly a mission with the Su-25T using the TV screen with the map dotted with some units (or jump into a Su-25 premade mission or campaign) and it will probably give you a good idea.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

No, that will not run DCS.. Stats are showing Vista X86 ... This is a 32 bit system and DCS now requires 64 bit.. Recommend upgrading to WIN7 64 bit... Then should be good to go..

EDIT: I just saw that you plan to upgrade to 8MB of memory. Vista 32 bit will NOT recognize any memory above 4 GIG. Once again recommend that you upgrade to WIN7 64 bit (And then update your memory.)

No 32 bit OS can use more than 4GIG memory. Beyond that amount requires a 64 bit OS...

Edited by outlawal2

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

No, that will not run DCS.. Stats are showing Vista X86 ... This is a 32 bit system and DCS now requires 64 bit.. Recommend upgrading to WIN7 64 bit... Then should be good to go..

EDIT: I just saw that you plan to upgrade to 8MB of memory. Vista 32 bit will NOT recognize any memory above 4 GIG. Once again recommend that you upgrade to WIN7 64 bit (And then update your memory.)

No 32 bit OS can use more than 4GIG memory. Beyond that amount requires a 64 bit OS...

I planed on upgrading to 64 bit ;)

so after that it should run good?

Thanks

64 bit with 8 megs you should be good to go.. The only thing that is going to limit you at that point may be your GPU as I am not familiar with that particular card... Others on the forum should be able to chime in and let you know what kind of performance you may get with that card...

My guess is that the video card will be pretty weak and you will need to turn some details down to get decent framerates, but you should be able to find settings that will work acceptably...

RAMBO

64 bit with 8 megs you should be good to go.. The only thing that is going to limit you at that point may be your GPU as I am not familiar with that particular card... Others on the forum should be able to chime in and let you know what kind of performance you may get with that card...

My guess is that the video card will be pretty weak and you will need to turn some details down to get decent framerates, but you should be able to find settings that will work acceptably...

For Sure Outlaw. That Video Card is long in the tooth. Get an upgrade for sure. 2to3 Gigs of Video Ram would due U better.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Would this psu http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006BCKEL6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

be enough to power the new gpu and everything?

and can anyone tell me about how many fps I will get with that gpu?

Thanks everyone!

Should be Good.

Peak Load for a System as you Described

(AM3+, FX4150, R7-260X, 8GB DDR3 (Assuming it's 4x2GB)

Assuming at least 2x 7200RPM Drives + 1 SSD, + 8 USB Devices + 1 PCI Card

Peak Load at 90% would be about 375Watts,

That would drop if it's 2 DDR3 Sticks and less devices, but only by about 25w.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Would this psu http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006BCKEL6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

be enough to power the new gpu and everything?

and can anyone tell me about how many fps I will get with that gpu?

Thanks everyone!

No idea on FPS as it is dependent on settings etc. (And I don't have that particular card and don't use AMD cards in the first place..) I CAN say that the power supply you listed should do nicely for your system (At least based on what you have listed thus far..) If you are planning on adding drives in the future maybe a 600 would make you feel better, but as-is should be good)

SNIPED:Skate

FWIW I usually overbuy when it comes to power supplies as it is a REAL killer if you don't have enough power. Makes all kinds of weirdnesses and extremely hard to troubleshoot..)

RAMBO

Yes,It will run Okay,Next step should be another Graphics Card,(not a super one, but one thats better than what you got now) then Next is more RAM.

Patience,Tinker with the Settings abit. but once it is done it will run fine.

AM3+ and AMD FX CPUs is a Dead Platform, there's no point in investing money into it outside of small upgrades.

with DD3 getting to 225% MSRP from what they were a year ago, I'd go with the bare minimum. (8GB), and not worry about it until DDR4 and the New AMD Chipset/CPUs in 2016.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

so will my current system with the r7 260x run the game or not?

Yes it will... As long as your current system has also been upgraded to a 64 bit OS. and more Ram installed.

Look here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/dcs_world/

It shows the system requirements for DCS world.

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +