Shein's X-55 Rhino A-10C Profile

Shein

Maybe a bit off topic. Im wondering what purpose i can use the rotaries buttons. Someone an idea?

I7-4790K with Corsair H110 / Asus Maximus VII HERO / 2 x 8 GB Corsair Platinum 2400 / Asus GTX980ti / OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB for OS / Corsair ax760i / Corsair Carbide 540 / Samsung EVO 500GB for games

/ CM 690 / Track IR5 / Logitech Extreme 3D / Saitek Proflight yoke, rudder & two USB throttle quadrants / Saitek X55 /

VRinsight TT planel / Thrustmaster T500RS / Samsung SM P2770HD / 1000 cables.....

First, Thank You to Shein for the great profile!

Finally got my X55. It's awesome, but I have an issue

The toggle switches on the throttle are glitchy/randomly activate whenever.

For instance, the landing gear will lower, flaps lower, CMS activates, all at random. Anyone else have this issue? I purchased from Amazon, but they are out of stock again, and I am hoping I can resolve the issue without returning it.

I have had the same problem. Only happened once. I am now using Athlonic from the user files. I have also had some issues with that profile, where I have to click the profile button in the HUD software to reload. But fir the most part it is working, so if anything maybe it is software related and not hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shein,

How did you solve the errant mouse on your x-55 throttle? Did Saitek replace your unit or was it a software issue? Mine is currently useless. Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Saitek X-65F, Pro Flight Pedals & Headset / TM Cougar MFD's / CH MFP / TrackIR 5 / AMD Phenom II 965 x4 @ 3.40 ghz / Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 2GB / Corsair Dominator 8 GB DDR3 / WD Velociraptor HD / Windows 7 64bit / ASUS M4A89TD PRO MB / 3 ASUS VH236 Full HD 23" Monitors (Eyefinity is awesome :thumbup:) /

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Shein,

How did you solve the errant mouse on your x-55 throttle? Did Saitek replace your unit or was it a software issue? Mine is currently useless. Thanks!

It's just crappy. I'm thinking of reassigning one of the hats on the throttles to be slew control.

Make sure you have the latest drivers and software; they've made some changes

I can confirm an issue with the small mouse stick on the throttle. I noticed in the stick's programming software that the mouse behaved strange. It works in game when slewing, but the more you zoom in on the TGP the harder it gets to fine control the slew.

It seems to me like a miss in the design of the mouse... It's just not exact enough. Works for me but gets a bit annoying at times.

Foo out

I don't know why people complain about this asbestos stuff...it don't smell so bad.

• 2 months later...

This is a Great Explanation, Very helpful Thanks ALOT!

I do have one simple question for you that I cannot seem to figure out.

When I go into the game I do notice that the "Column" is apparent in the "Controls" for my Throttle, So i do believe the game is picking it up and is installed correctly to the computer. But when I do to add the Axis command from the Throttle by moving it back and forth it registers as Joy_x/ or Joy_Y......this is the joystick, why is it not picking it up as Throttle. Or is it? I dunno, just frustrating to get into an aircraft and my throttles acts like a joy stick, how do i get around this?

Also you know any locations of good profiles for this controller with the Heuy?

Thanks Sir have a good day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't kept up with this stuff.

Recently, I wiped my computer and installed everything fresh. Figured this would be a perfect time to update the X-55 profile!

I downloaded my OWN file, followed my OWN instructions, and everything worked. Even the slew! Don't know if the new X-55 drivers fixed that or what. I also changed the way the speedbrake works, so heads up on that.

Anyway, it's all tested and works 100% to my knowledge with DCS 1.2.11.

If you didn't hear the good news, the A-10C was protected from being retired for 1 more year today!

Enjoy everyone and BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT

on!

Message / post here if you encounter any other issues. Thank you all for your support and patience.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry mate, I`m pretty dim. I followed your instructions to the letter but nothing works. When I load the lua`s into DCS, nothing can be seen in the configuration windows for either keyboard/throttle/stick. I cleared all the categories before loading your bindings. When I load up the SST software and choose your profile, when I try to check the loaded profile within the SST, nothing works except the speedbrake key.

Its gotta be me, but I cant figure out why..........

Sorry mate, I`m pretty dim. I followed your instructions to the letter but nothing works. When I load the lua`s into DCS, nothing can be seen in the configuration windows for either keyboard/throttle/stick. I cleared all the categories before loading your bindings. When I load up the SST software and choose your profile, when I try to check the loaded profile within the SST, nothing works except the speedbrake key.

Its gotta be me, but I cant figure out why..........

Are you clicking on the correct category BEFORE loading the .lua files? do you have A-10 sim selected in the drop down window?

The only thing that uses the SST software is the speedbrake so that's normal.

Yep, I have (A10 sim) selected, plus (All.) I then click in the keyboard bindings column and select load. Navigate to your Lua keyboard binding and load that. Same procedure for stick/throttle Lua`s. Nothing is placed in any of the columns after I have done this. I take it that there should be! Close the game by choosing ok. Down to desktop. Navigate to your keybindings rip (extracted) and place it in the Madcatz folder as requested. Then choose that profile from Rhino icon on the menu bar and load that. Get into the game, juices begin to flow, then.............................. fk all! You dont have a spare gun or noose available do you? PS. I DO appreciate what you are doing by producing this Profile and answering my idiotic posts. if I had a sister, you could have her for a weekend ;)

• 2 months later...

Nice work,

Does anyone know why the Mode switches won't work in the Sim with this profile? They work without a profile loaded and with at least one other profile but don't seem to work with this one. Nothing in the cells for them but it seem like something is stepping on them. I am assuming buggy ass software..lol:D

Nice work,

Does anyone know why the Mode switches won't work in the Sim with this profile? They work without a profile loaded and with at least one other profile but don't seem to work with this one. Nothing in the cells for them but it seem like something is stepping on them. I am assuming buggy ass software..lol:D

Got it figured out, Started a new profile and then inserted the keys into the cells and did a full configuration. Not really much in there to be honest. Then deleted all unused names that somehow became unused. After that it worked well. Thanks again.:D

• 2 weeks later...

One other thing I found is Madcatx on startup loads a default profile and you will need to load the correct one before you start DCS. Well if you are comfortable messing with regedit, you can do the following.

Start regedit and go to this keyname:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mad Catz\Configuration\StartupProfiles.

In each of the keys enter the preferred startup profile as seen in the pic. When you restart the pc this profile will automatically be loaded.

madcatz.thumb.JPG.2058e3b8bf944398619c38590d256e30.JPG