Shein's X-55 Rhino A-10C Profile

Shein

The .pro file is designed for the Saitek software to use, not DCS.

The OP did not use the Saitek software at all. He created/edited custom lua flies (using any programming text editor - not Windows Notepad) which is why they work directly with the sim.

I recently uploaded a .pr0 file to bind the slew commands to the mouse nipple, labeled in red in the picture, but I think I may have a defective throttle. If anyone can test it out and tell me if it works, and post that here, I'd greatly appreciate it. The .pr0 is in the original post, I edited it to include it

Shein,

I used the original file you uploaded and throttles worked fine... I understand I need the lua files for DCS but I don't understand how to map them differently...LOVE the stick though...

If I understand what I'm looking at, he's created luas that you load to replace your current control setup with the one he's created, yes? You just go into controls and load the relevant lua to set the controls in DCS for the given device?

If this is the case it should just be a matter of either editing the lua file with Notepad++ or simply directly editing the controls the old fashioned way in the DCS control menu.

I'm just gonna say that I don't have an X55, I use an X52, but I use DCS controls and a limited Saitek profile to do much of the same as this profile. Unless he's using some fancy lua editing to make the controls do something special you should be able to easily rebind things at will in the controls menu.

@Shein

With respect to the mouse nipple and slewing, how have you set up the pr0? In my X52 I have set my nipple to use bands for the 4 different axes replicating keystrokes that correspond to whichever command I'm using (I don't use it to slew).

From what I've read of the new software from Saitek for the X55, all the functions of using bands should be present and therefore function identically. I just set bands of a given direction to only cue a keystroke in the 80-100% range and the 0-20% range and that does the trick.

For my own curiosity I am interested to know how Saitek is modeling its software for the future if and when the X52 might get upgraded to be compatible with it.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

If I understand what I'm looking at, he's created luas that you load to replace your current control setup with the one he's created, yes? You just go into controls and load the relevant lua to set the controls in DCS for the given device?

If this is the case it should just be a matter of either editing the lua file with Notepad++ or simply directly editing the controls the old fashioned way in the DCS control menu.

I'm just gonna say that I don't have an X55, I use an X52, but I use DCS controls and a limited Saitek profile to do much of the same as this profile. Unless he's using some fancy lua editing to make the controls do something special you should be able to easily rebind things at will in the controls menu.

@Shein

With respect to the mouse nipple and slewing, how have you set up the pr0? In my X52 I have set my nipple to use bands for the 4 different axes replicating keystrokes that correspond to whichever command I'm using (I don't use it to slew).

From what I've read of the new software from Saitek for the X55, all the functions of using bands should be present and therefore function identically. I just set bands of a given direction to only cue a keystroke in the 80-100% range and the 0-20% range and that does the trick.

For my own curiosity I am interested to know how Saitek is modeling its software for the future if and when the X52 might get upgraded to be compatible with it.

Correct. Just click the CORRECT CATEGORY FIRST then load the .lua inside DCS. No fancy editing or notepad++ required!

The .pr0 is setup *exactly* like the X-52. Only I use 0-33 and 66-100... beyond that it's the same. The software is also almost identical. According to a recent interview, the new X55 HUD software is going to be backdated to accommodate all saitek hardware. Just dont know when yet.

My mouse nipple doesn't do *anything* and as such I've RMA'd it. So we'll see. As far as I can tell, the .pr0 I've uploaded to the original post should work just fine. Course I have no way to tell, but like I said it functions the same as the X-52 profile. If any X55 owner can confirm for me I'd appreciate it.

Its a shame to hear that. It seems that Saitek production standards are no different than they've always been, though maybe we can cut them a little slack since this is the first production run. From what I've read Thrustmaster had issues with the grease they used on the Warthog stick that have finally been sorted in latter production runs.

I guess this means I shouldn't bother asking you if the nipple is any more precise than the X52's for pure mouse input.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I'm gonna have to figure this out...I'm not on the same capable level as you all are. I just need to learn what i'm doing! I'm very new to this game/forum so i've never been dealing with any profile editing etc (XBox convert, I can't stand XBox now that i've been on DCS). I'll keep trying to figure it out. I've saved Shein's profile and it works but it is not a .profile and in DCS, it does not recognize the profile i set up...Sorry to bother ya'll

• 2 weeks later...

Shein, why you are not using a modifier?

I do use button 5 on the stick as modifier

Here are my current profile, if you like give it a try :)

Edit: Don´t forget to add the modifier, otherwise some buttons are colored as red

A10C_X55_profile.rar

Edited by Intruder_360

Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A| Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80+ GOLD, 1300W| Mobo: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | CPU: Intel Core i9 9900KS @5 GHz | CPU-Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Tower Cooler | RAM: 32GB G.Skill F4-4133C17-8GTZR | GPU:NVIDIA GeForce RTX4090 OC 24GB |SSD: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 1TB | Keyboard: Logitech G110 | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Gaming Devices: Hotas WW Orion 2 Stick&Throttle, Thrustmaster MFD, Pimax Crystal, Stream Deck XL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Purchased the X55 and find that the mouse nipple on throttle controls the players in cockpit head view instead of the TGP.Anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

Purchased the X55 and find that the mouse nipple on throttle controls the players in cockpit head view instead of the TGP.Anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

While using my profile? you're forgetting to select the profile in the system tray before you fire up DCS. Check my instructions in the original post.

Thanks Shein.I was using my own profiles in the X55 software and also in DCS and when I added in yours it worked perfectly!!!:thumbup::thumbup: You are a lifesaver as I do not think I would of ever figured out how to program it.:D

Thanks Shein.I was using my own profiles in the X55 software and also in DCS and when I added in yours it worked perfectly!!!:thumbup::thumbup: You are a lifesaver as I do not think I would of ever figured out how to program it.:D

Funny you mention it, I didn't! A guy by the name of Athlonic did eventually, the credit for speedbrakes/slew commands go to him!

Hey Shein, Thanks for making this profile it works great. The only issue is that the speed break isn't incremental but it doesn't look like we can get that yet unless someone figures it out or the HUD software updates so we can get bands or something else. Great work anyway!

Hey Shein, Thanks for making this profile it works great. The only issue is that the speed break isn't incremental but it doesn't look like we can get that yet unless someone figures it out or the HUD software updates so we can get bands or something else. Great work anyway!

That'll never happen, I'm afraid as the "slider" isn't actually a slider on the X-55 at all... it's a friggin button that's "on" when forward and "off" when back. The in-between parts mean nothing. So unfortunately, the speedbrakes will always be like that. If you want incremental, you could bind one of the rotaries to it I suppose... Hm. Actually... Maybe I'll update my profile to have both!

Just keep an eye on the brake with the Mk I eyeball and deactivate the button/slider when it's retracted as much as you want it - that's what I do!

Shein - I still haven't managed to get my mouse nipple to actually do anything in game, despite being recognised by the Saitek software! I had a thought - how about using the paddle as a modifier to bind slew to the coolie/china hat instead?

I'll try it later when I finish work.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Just keep an eye on the brake with the Mk I eyeball and deactivate the button/slider when it's retracted as much as you want it - that's what I do!

Shein - I still haven't managed to get my mouse nipple to actually do anything in game, despite being recognised by the Saitek software! I had a thought - how about using the paddle as a modifier to bind slew to the coolie/china hat instead?

I'll try it later when I finish work.

You're probably forgetting to activate the profile in the system tray... you need to do this whenever you restart your computer. It defaults to no profile.

If it still doesn't work, re-check you installed everything properly.

As I said in the original post, I tried my hardest to make this profile WITHOUT modifiers, but if you'd like to use them you're more than welcome to modify/tweak this profile to your heart's content

You're probably forgetting to activate the profile in the system tray...

No sir, I load it every time... I may try re-installing the Saitek software.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Shein,I find my mode button,which is supposed to control the pinky switch,isn't working.Any ideas?:helpsmilie:

EDIT...NM again.I forgot I changed throttle back to my own profile.

Edited by wolfstriked

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this profile to work with the 1.2.8 Open Beta. I click load profile and it doesn't import the .LUA files. I have double checked and it just doesn't seem to import the files and leaves the category blank after import.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my X55 so far so good profile works okay I have not try really using it yet one problem or maybe not is I have no Throttle control of the engines using the Hotas throttle. I see that it is not mapped or Binded to any keys.

I look at other profiles that are the same. The throttle control work in the Saitek software but does not function in DCS.

Any reason why not functioning or why throttles not mapped to keys?

EDIT: Figured it out, My Bad throttle working now.TY

Edited by LoneMerc

• 2 weeks later...