Shut down to rearm?

SharpeXB

Does the aircraft need to be shut down to refuel and rearm?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The engines Yes. The electronics can stay on. Here is how you do it.

Land on friendly base

Taxi to parking area

Turn on APU L console

Wait for 100% APU

Move APU GEN power switch on R console to sustain aircraft electronics USING APU

Turn off engine 1

Turn off engine 2

Open canopy

Call the crew chef and request desired rearm refuel option.

You can also ask for repair as well

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO

ASUS ROG GTX1080Ti Strix OC

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair 850 W Modular PSU

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

This particular mission it was like a combat re arm. The base was being shelled at the time. I would figure in reality the crew would want the engines shut off to avoid foreign object damage etc

I tried waiting with the engines running. Nothing happened. When I shut the aircraft down I was refueled/rearmed.

Don't you have to reboot the DTS or whatever the setting loaded (ie "load all") on the MFCD?

This scenario the plane was unarmed when it landed and had no stores.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Don't you have to reboot the DTS or whatever the setting loaded (ie "load all") on the MFCD?

You can hold down any one of the bottom MFCD menu buttons for a few seconds to get to the menu options screen. Once there, select "LOAD" once, then on the button you want it to to take the place of.

Once you do that just click the newly created "load" button to load what you need. You can load all or just the DSMS data (which is what I do).

This is providing you haven't shut down all power.

Edited by sgtmike74
grammar

If you don't like the APU noise during the repairs and you want to leave the canopy up (I feel more social that way)... don't forget you can always get the ground crew to hook up ground power. The crew will yell at you when your plane levitates to complete the repair process- but you can ignore that. Of course, you do need to have your APU running to get your engines started again and don't forget to disconnect ground power before pulling away! (they'll yell at you... again... only this time they'll mean it!)

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

This particular mission it was like a combat re arm. The base was being shelled at the time. I would figure in reality the crew would want the engines shut off to avoid foreign object damage etc

I tried waiting with the engines running. Nothing happened. When I shut the aircraft down I was refueled/rearmed.

This scenario the plane was unarmed when it landed and had no stores.

Like I said: aft left audio panel, main selector dial --> set to ground crew or similar and operate lalt + ' to rearm.

Apparently for re arm re fuel in game no need to shut off the engines. Is that the case in real life situation with a10c

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650d

Logitech X-56 HOTAS ,Saitek X-65F HOTAS, Pro Ruder Pedals, Pro Flight Instrument Panel

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

I'm fairly certain that "hot refueling" and rearming is very much possible. In a hot combat zone where you need a fast turn around having to shut down engines and then go through all the checks and then the same checks to turn them back on would be arduous.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

I'm fairly certain that "hot refueling" and rearming is very much possible. In a hot combat zone where you need a fast turn around having to shut down engines and then go through all the checks and then the same checks to turn them back on would be arduous.

YES!! Gosh I must have typed this into this thread three times already now :P

1) Taxi to parking

2) Aft left AUDIO panel

2A) Rotate main selector dial to GND CRW (or something similar, can't recall at the moment).

3) Use the re-arm re-fuel window as you normally would

4) Set up your DSMS stores manually or use the DTC DSMS upload (FYI: works ONLY in the sim, will now work in the real thing IIRC...)

5) Reset audio selector to VHF AM

6) Taxi out to takeoff and kick ass!!

Note: the only reasons why this would not be possible is if the airbase isn't friendly, there are no more weapons available (see warehouses) or all ground units at the airbase are destroyed.

YES!! Gosh I must have typed this into this thread three times already now :P

1) Taxi to parking

2) Aft left AUDIO panel

2A) Rotate main selector dial to GND CRW (or something similar, can't recall at the moment).

3) Use the re-arm re-fuel window as you normally would

4) Set up your DSMS stores manually or use the DTC DSMS upload (FYI: works ONLY in the sim, will now work in the real thing IIRC...)

5) Reset audio selector to VHF AM

6) Taxi out to takeoff and kick ass!!

Note: the only reasons why this would not be possible is if the airbase isn't friendly, there are no more weapons available (see warehouses) or all ground units at the airbase are destroyed.

I don't think he is talking about in game. :music_whistling:

I don't think he is talking about in game. :music_whistling:

d'oh you are quite correct :D :thumbup:

I'll leave the text there though for future reference :D

Still, what I said applies in real life as well. Apart from several other checks and safety measures off course.

without knowing my guess would be: possible in real life as well. Arial refuelling for one is per definition refuelling with engines running (unless you are a glider pilot, but the paradox in this assumption is obvious, I hope). I don't know how long it takes to rearm, though. If it takes really long it might just be a waste of fuel. But for the engine my guess is that it is actually beneficial for the engine not to shut down and cool down. Keeping it running nice and smooth makes for a happy maintenance crew.

I suppose there may be more to it IRL- but starting the engines isn't that big of a task... I mean... Is there much more to it than just bumping the throttles forward one at a time and monitoring the gauges?

For the 2 minutes you might save versus the potential increased hazard... seems disproportional.

Paul?

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I often move to the corner of the runway out of the way to re-arm and fuel.

If I need repairs, shut down the motors (APU On) and select repair. While waiting for the repair to countdown you can also select rearm and refuel and both will be done before repairs are started. :thumbup:

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I suppose there may be more to it IRL- but starting the engines isn't that big of a task... I mean... Is there much more to it than just bumping the throttles forward one at a time and monitoring the gauges?

I think you can't start a hot engine, at least the emergency aerial restart checklists require the temperature to be below a certain level. So you would have to wait for the engine to cool down which might take a long time.

For the 2 minutes you might save versus the potential increased hazard... seems disproportional.

Paul?

It's not so much starting the engines, all you've got to do is motor the engines to cool them off. It's more the fact as soon as the pilot shuts engines down we have to by regulation do an inspection. Hotpits you take that inspection out of it, so instead of a 2 hour turn time (fuel, engine oil samples, inspection) you have about 30 minutes on the ground.

It's not so much starting the engines, all you've got to do is motor the engines to cool them off. It's more the fact as soon as the pilot shuts engines down we have to by regulation do an inspection. Hotpits you take that inspection out of it, so instead of a 2 hour turn time (fuel, engine oil samples, inspection) you have about 30 minutes on the ground.

That's awesome to know. Now I make fun of myself when I was on ground refuling I would always turn off engines to be more realistic lol

INTEL CORE I7 6700K

16GB @ 4100 MHz |CORSAIR

Intel 730 SSD 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650d

NP TrackIr 5 Pro

Windows 10 PRO

• 2 weeks later...