DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

In the past overclocking was a practice that required you to be at least half an engineer, nowadays even the stock software that comes with the hardware provides child proof GUIs with sliders and toggles.

The reason I'm suggesting the 4790K is that using the standard software you can already have it run at 4.4Ghz at all times. This is 10% higher than its non-K counterpart for zero difference in price, I'd say that's low hanging fruit...

Downside is you need an above par motherboard with a Z97 chipset, an good example is the ASUS Maximus VII, depending on the bells and whistles you want it to have, a mobo of this series will cost you 150 EUR for the bare naked one and 350 EUR for the most pimped one. I'd go with the former and buy a PCIe module if you really really miss a certain functionality like extra USB or WiFi.

Also beware of RAM speeds. i7s support 1600Mhz RAM. Overclocking the bus so that it can benefit from higher RAM speeds is difficult, gives hardly any notable improvement, and might even be considered dangerous for the non experienced computer user. Instead, opt for the 'slower' RAM of 1600Mhz and go for 8ms latency RAM. This might be tricky as a lot of brands seem to want you to buy fast RAM with average latency timings while you will want what I just wrote. :)

If you want I'll work out a rig for you on paper so you and others can shoot at it.. Figuratively.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Is there any guide to aerial refueling? I've been trying to do it for a year, and can't connect more than a second. I have a TM Warthog and Saitek pedals, but can never get fuel. Ice been trying and practicing, but I must be missing something.

i7 4790k @ 4.4, 32GB RAM, RX480 GTR

I fly it all.

Is there any guide to aerial refueling? I've been trying to do it for a year, and can't connect more than a second. I have a TM Warthog and Saitek pedals, but can never get fuel. Ice been trying and practicing, but I must be missing something.

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=55

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=55

Other than what's in the above, practice is all there is to it.

Edit: Dammit, sniped by mere seconds.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Guys, Is there a way to slave other sensors (e.g. Maverick) to threats identified by the RWR? I guess that would be too easy?

Yes. With your TAD as SOI, move the cursor over the red flashing triangle. DMS Forward Short, then DMS Forward Long to mark SPI.

TWS Forward long to slew sensors to SPI.

(Edit, from memory, DMS/TWS may be the other way around)

The RWR does not locate threats for you, so I am confused by what Rossi posted.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The RWR does not locate threats for you, so I am confused by what Rossi posted.

Sorry, misread. Thought he meant TAD.

Theres a round about way to triangulate a thread based on RWR position but I'm not going to go into that.

I think in RL it is possible but not reflected in the sim

Guys, Is there a way to slave other sensors (e.g. Maverick) to threats identified by the RWR? I guess that would be too easy?

Careful! The RWR does not provide ANY distance information! It just tells you direction and strength of a radar signal, plus trying to identify the most dangerous threat.

As a rule of thumbs, the closer the icon to the center, the greater the danger of getting shot at, by the unit behind the icon.

The inner circular ring provides an estimation of launch distance, so what you want to do is put a threat on the beam and try to keep it out of the inner circle, to stay safe. Unless you want to engage the threat.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Maybe I asked the wrong question. Told me what I needed though. Hadn't noticed the symbology on the TAD, but I've normally got the stores page up.

You should pretty much have the TAD page up 24/7. Its the only MFCD page I never don't have up because its the biggest multiplier of your SA you can get. It blends moving map GPS location, target sharing via SPI, flight plan waypoints and mark points and all the other goodies. DSMS is just useless 90% of the time except to check for your remaining stores. You should use the HUD as SOI to cycle your active weapon profiles and switch the Master Mode as appropriate. There's a reason that you have Coolie Hat Down Long as a DSMS page quicklook - this strongly implies that the HOTAS system was designed to not have the DSMS page on the MFCD except very briefly at any point past the preflight stage.

As for RWR its an SA instrument only linked to the countermeasures system. It has no link in sim to any other systems.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

Press and hold <CLR> on the UFC... as per Manual Section about the UFC.

Alternative is the Clear button on the CDU.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...