KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

BigfootMSR

Marcos, I am glad to see your getting up to speed quickly with the shark. Its a tough beast to fly but a rewarding one.

Legion, I will keep the briefing notes in mind for future revisions. Its a good idea.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Many thanks BigfootMSR.

Now, does anyone know how to port over a saved controls 'lua' file without it corrupting from DCS2 to DCS2 in World???

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

Marcos, glad you're starting to get to grips with things. What version are you flying? I found BS2 far superior than 1.02, and the graphic improvements, along with a better FPS (on my system anyway) also aid in not 'chasing the stick'.

I've only just got it, so I went for 1.2.0. Once you learn the main control systems, it seems to practically fly itself. Loving it.

Many thanks BigfootMSR.

Now, does anyone know how to port over a saved controls 'lua' file without it corrupting from DCS2 to DCS2 in World???

Not to my knowledge. I personally have just always created my own profiles and reassigned my own keys without porting the config files as needed. From what I have read around the forums, its easier and less headache to just assign them yourself. But, some folks have created profiles to work in dcs world for the BS. Ask around or poke around the user files section and you i'm sure you will find some.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

I can tell you what I did to mine but I make no promises beyond the fact that if you do it right, it will work.

This works for any controller lua (i.e. joystick, rudder, etc.).

In your original BS2, save the profile to a specific filename. Don't try to do this with the default files. Edit that file in notepad++, or some similar editor, and remove the lines of code for every function that is not assigned to a button (I would leave the axis section alone but you can edit that as well if you wish). When you are done you will have a very short file with only the functions that you actually use.

This file can then be imported into another version. The downside to this appears if you decide to add a function to one of your controllers. You will not be able to do so since all of the other boxes will be greyed out (because the related lines of code are not present in your modified lua).

Note that if you edit things incorrectly you may well make a mess but you just need to go back to the uneditted file (you did save a copy, right) and see where you deleted something you should not have.

As I said, no promises, but I hope this helps.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Cheers Chaps,

However, think I'll go with the easiest option, and just remap them...

Ta!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't for-see any problems, however, if you do find some, please let me know so I can get them fixed ASAP.

Hi BigfootMSR. Had an odd one the other day when i was running through the Wingman Datalink tutorial....

I had stabilised into a hover, selected auto-hover, and was running through the various datalink scenarios. I had zoomed in, but in the corner of my monitor was a small view through a window.

Not sure what switch selections I had made, but suddenly I noticed movement through the window. When I zoomed out the aircraft was in a roll to the right, ending up inverted and non-recoverable :joystick: - with obvious consequences.....

I replayed the track but couldn't see any inadvertant cyclic inputs in the cockpit, then also went 'outside' in case an over eager wingman had made contact - which he hadn't.

Any ideas?

I had this happen to me once when I did not unbind the arrow keys on the keyboard. I was reaching for the num keys to adjust my zoom and hit the right arrow key which caused the aircraft to double over on its side. No matter how much input I gave to the stick I could not get it to right itself. Is it possible that you experienced this? I would check in the options and unbind the arrow keys for flight. I cant see any other reason that the aircraft would roll on its own.

I don't think so. Admittedly I haven't 'unbound' the arrow keys, but my zoom is on my X52pro left hand control slider - so I cannot think I would have inadvertantly hit the arrow key.

Like I said, when I replayed the track there was no cyclic input, unless they are not shown in track replay?

Well, the training missions can not control your aircraft directly. I do remember a bug that I have not heard much of lately that was still related to a problem with the arrow keys. I had also personally experienced this one.

I would be flying along and then suddenly, the aircraft would roll. I really only noticed that bug while playing A10 1.1.1.1 and before. It seems that occasionally, there is random command being sent to the game for the arrow keys but I don't know what causes it and cant reproduce it. My advice would be to just disable the arrow keys in the options menu if you experience these kinds of random uncontrollable rolls.

• 4 weeks later...

I have posted an updated version of the weapon employment training that features much cleaner and clearer voice overs than the previous mission. Please note that due to the 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 updates, the prevent controls synchronization does not work. You will need to have your throttles about 50-60% forward at mission start so you do not enter the vortex ring state and fall out of the sky like a brick. If you notice that you are falling fast, push forward on the cyclic and move the collective up until you can re enter a stable flight and then enter the auto hover mode.

• Like 1

Hi BigfootMSR,

I just did the weapon employment training last night (thought it was about time I learnt how to blow stuff up!) and it was very helpful thanks but I could certainly do with running through it again so I'll grab your updated version first :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still trying to learn how to use weapons and the training is really helpful and the missiles and cannon work OK but I can't get the hang of the rockets.

I know it says in the training that normally these would be used in flight but in the training it's done from a hover and I can't work out how to align the reticule with the target. All I can seem to do is rock the helo forward and try and quickly fire whilst they're aligned because it obviously rocks back almost straight away. I tried lowering altitude as well but that doesn't seem to help to get them aligned either, so what am I missing here?

I've also tried the Instant Action "Attack Insurgents" mission and don't get what I'm supposed to do there either. It starts with me flying towards a bunch of ground targets and I see my wingmen/allies go steaming in attacking targets but I just get blown out of the sky when I get close. Am I supposed to hide somewhere and pop up and hit them with missiles or do I just need to learn how to fly into them and hit them with rockets without getting hit myself?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Its ok doveman, I can understand the frustration with rockets. In my training tutorial, I have everything based on the hover for ease of learning but the rockets are tricky. You have to follow the instructions and keep the piper over the target while you fire the rockets. Its possible that you might start flying forward a bit when you do so but don't be alarmed. For this exercise, you just have to hit the target and it will continue on.

As far as the instant action mission, It really depends on your play style. But, Its best to hide and do pop ups. Rockets really are a close range strafing type of armament for soft targets such as infantry and un armored trucks. Think of it kind of like the gun on the a-10, fly in strafe and egress out.

Thanks. At least I know that I'm not doing it wrong now and just need to practice and get the hang of it a bit better ;)

Hide and pop ups sounds like the best approach for the instant action mission, so I'll concentrate on that next time.

• 3 weeks later...

Training not starting

Hi Guys,

I'm getting stupid, but the missions did not start anyway....

I tuned the world and the cockpit sounds to 50%. I am not using my Track IR.

But if I load the mission, I found myself in the cockpit and nothing happens!

Tried it using the Training Menu or the Missions Menu... same.

Do I need to trigger the start of the advise?

Thanks in advance....

Black Shark 2 Ver. 1.1.1.1 German

I am having the same problem with Bigfoots training missions. how to get the mission started? Everything else works but no instructions.

Black Shark 2 Ver. 1.1.1.1 English

Sorry for the delay, I have been super busy lately and I have not had the chance to get on the forums much lately.

Unfortunately due to the trigger systems my missions will only work in DCS World. They wont work in the standalone versions. DCS world is free to download and your cd key will work just fine to install the BS2 module into it. Search the forums, there are plenty of info on how to install them.

• 2 months later...

Hello Bigfoot,

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

Just what was missing fom DCS!

Sincerely,

AC5

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to ask about getting these Bigfoot missions installed. Because of my SSD limited storage I've removed BS1. Then, having installed PeterP's menu integration file which didn't result in any progress, I went on to d/load each of the Bigfoot training files.

When I tried installing them into DCS World I found no 'Mission' section within, and being 'miz' files I can't get them to install into BS2.

I'd be grateful for some guidance.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

2048 GB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200

335 GB Corsair Force GS ATA device (SSD)

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

Haben Sie vielen Danke! I've managed to put 'Cold Start' there so far but it won't run. Which button to I need to 'press and hold'? I tried the 'Pause/Break' but that didn't do anything.

PS That's all my German language.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5

Cold start

Having installed Bigfoot's invaluable Training lessons I'd like to get started but kicking off with the Cold Start, despite holding down the Pause/Break button for all of two minutes, nothing is happening.

Help, folks.

Win7 Pro 64 bit SP1

AMD Atlon 64x2 5000+

8 GB DDR2

M2N-ESLI

Saitek X52 Pro

Track IR 5