Mirage CCRP Targeting, what am i doing wrong

Doum76

altitude is the key to success

I even stopped using CCRP pipper

try these conditions:

25k feet<Altitude<45k feet

6.5nm<Distance<12nm

0.69<Speed<0.85

HOW CAN YOU DROP SINGLE GBU12s without the CCRP pipper o.o.

Me wants ! I do bombing runs at 60k ft at mach 1.1, but I allways have to do the annoying pitch down to get the pipper to work........ And even that only has 15km slant range.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Me wants ! I do bombing runs at 60k ft at mach 1.1, but I allways have to do the annoying pitch down to get the pipper to work........ And even that only has 15km slant range.

+1

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

I cannot get any CCRP release on primary or BAD offset with any weapon on any version in any mode. The only way I am getting CCRP release is if I put the HUD mark on the ground and designate visually.

Yes, this is how it's supposed to work.

The + in HUD is just an help to visually acquire target. It's not mandatory.

Forget what you know from CCRP release on other aircrafts...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, this is how it's supposed to work.

The + in HUD is just an help to visually acquire target. It's not mandatory.

Forget what you know from CCRP release on other aircrafts...

But what about: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2841863&postcount=1 ? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

+1

just imagine how wide the searchcone of GBU's head will be from the altitude of 60k ? it will cover a huge area, you don't need to be precise from this altitude. I never dropped from 60k, but I think with your conditions (V=1.1M, H=60.000feet) you can drop from the distance of 15nm up to 8nm without this annoying pitching down. And it should catch the spot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, that's the exception.

Instead of designating the target you designate the IP.

Then you're supposed to perform loft bombing.

So this is intended for low altitude ingress, not FL400 release...

However I don't if it's 100% operational yet.

The release cue (horizontal bar moving up) is supposed to appear when you're in range and it's time to perform a full stick aft (5G) pull up for max range release.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

just imagine how wide the searchcone of GBU's head will be from the altitude of 60k ? it will cover a huge area, you don't need to be precise from this altitude. I never dropped from 60k, but I think with your conditions (V=1.1M, H=60.000feet) you can drop from the distance of 15nm up to 8nm without this annoying pitching down. And it should catch the spot.

You are not listening. Nothing you are talking about has anything to do with dropping the bomb but hitting. WE CAN"T EVEN DROP THE BOMB.

You are not listening. Nothing you are talking about has anything to do with dropping the bomb but hitting. WE CAN"T EVEN DROP THE BOMB.

Here is GBU-12 release.

Don't laugh, there isn't any JTAC or A-10C to lase the target. Just to show how to release...like a Mk-82

EDIT: ok, I think I found the bug...

If you squeeze the trigger before the release cue appears in HUD the bomb isn't released.

GBU-12 release.trk

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Not in my HOTAS

Its name is Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update. It's in the HOTAS category.

I have the selection you mention in 2.0 but not in 1.5 (all latest updates) under the HOTAS menu. So for me the question remains, how do you designate a target for CCRP employment in 1.5?

All in all Razbam has a great product. I think I will put it on jacks until the next update however. Just too frustrating for now.

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

I have the selection you mention in 2.0 but not in 1.5 (all latest updates) under the HOTAS menu. So for me the question remains, how do you designate a target for CCRP employment in 1.5?

1.5 is more up to update than 2.0 and I'm pretty sure the binding was added to 1.5 before the update went to 2.0 as well.

Are you using any mods/custom commands? That would be my first guess, if you're replacing the file you're not going to get the new bindings.

If you're not, then you could try going into the game directory and deleting Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input, then run a repair of the game so it will re-download those files. Or if you'd prefer to just check, you could open Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick\default.lua in a text editor and search for "Designate" to see if the binding is actually present.

INS Key Binds

1.5 is more up to update than 2.0 and I'm pretty sure the binding was added to 1.5 before the update went to 2.0 as well.

Are you using any mods/custom commands? That would be my first guess, if you're replacing the file you're not going to get the new bindings.

If you're not, then you could try going into the game directory and deleting Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input, then run a repair of the game so it will re-download those files. Or if you'd prefer to just check, you could open Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Input\M-2000C\joystick\default.lua in a text editor and search for "Designate" to see if the binding is actually present.

I disabled the INS Key Binds mod and doing so solved the problem. Thanks for the help. Too bad really as using the num pad to insert data into the INS was kind of nice.

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

K, well i don't get that bug so far, he did say mark by laser and give in the laser code. My only concern is, the bomb doesn't seem to be guided or moving, it's only free faling, guess i'll try to cheat, make a trigger to get a WP pop close to it so i can drop the GBU close to it to test.

Hey guys i have exactly the same problem like Doum76. JTAC say lase on, but GBU-12 never get right direction to the target. I know that i am doing everything 100% correct, because yesterday guy from our squad lase on my target from his A-10C and my GBU-12 direct hit the target. So... JTAC doesn´t work for Mirage and GBU...

I want to test this JTAC lasing for Mirage but I cannot for the life of me get JTAC to do anything but give me permission, Type 3 control. I'm not even going to put an LGB in the air until I can get JTAC acting like he's lasing at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Pilots,

After reading a lot on this across the forum posts and watching videos it finally sunk in my thick head that the GBU seeker heads can't give a readback into the cockpit or HUD of the current version of the Mirage in DCS M2000C.... meaing I don't know if my bomb can see the lase until after I drop it and it tracks... or doesn't. I would not want it to ...either.. if that's not what the M2000C does (no faking it :smilewink:)

So it's entirely procedural... now I get it :doh:.... and was able to test. AI TOW HMMWV JTAC with laser code (default) 1688 (and the Mirage M2000C code set to 1688 in Mission editor) and ensured a couple things.... I kept looking for/expecting to see the AG Designated point cross do something in my HUD when my GBUs "saw" the JTAC Lase point.. on "Laser On" call because I didn't understand that there is NO feedback into the cockpit from the GBU in this M2000C....

Broken into steps I would write it as:

1) Confirmed my Mirage had the default 1688 laser code set in mission editor setup (really it looks like "688" because the NATO code 1 is already fixed... so I/we can only set the last 3 digits in ME for Mirage)

2) AI JTAC on ground was within 10 km (or less) of target group I had assigned him in ME... and had Freq 133 MHZ AM set... and had line of sight to targets.

3) V/UHF Radio in Mirage changed to 133 Mhz after takeoff when I "checked in" with JTAC via F9 key. I can see that on the upper left panel (left of the HUD and slightly below) that shows you the two freqs that are active)

4) I generally knew where the target area was (within 5 km of impact point)

Assumption: At this point you have Master Arm On, GBU Selected, TAS set w your Radar On, Bomb Fuse set to RET...

5) I "AG Designated" the target area slightly short of the intended targets (nearer me) so I could see the AG Designated cross hair in my HUD (I didn't use Nav point method.. because I knew the target range "area") and I immediately regained level flight.

6) I made the "Laser On" call to the JTAC before or after I AG Designated the point on the ground....

7) When the bomb release que line started to climb I pushed forward on the stick while holding the weapon release button and assumed a 15 degree dive angle.... the release que line "stalled" intially... then, when my Mirage was in a constant 15 dive the release que line began climbing again and released a GBU (remember I was holding down the weapon release button during this step)

8) I pulled up to level or slight climb after weapon was released so I wouldn't crash while watching the bomb...

9) I Jumped to "F6" bomb view and saw the bomb initially free falling but then it seemed to "snap" slightly indicating that it was tracking something... and it flew to the target the JTAC was lasing.

10) I pulled off target... flew back to IP area well "behind" my JTAC again.. told him to "Shift"... he shifted targets... I AG Designated the same spot/area I had before... followed weapon release and dive process noted above again...

11) Each weapon (GBU 12) tracked to the target the JTAC Shifted to each time I did this.

12)... I now "get" how this procedural lasing works for the Mirage carrying GBUs.

Note.. I usually started level at about 18-25K feet MSL so that the bottom of my -15 degree dive didn't bring me too low at weapons release.

Thanks to the many posters on this forum that helped me beat this into my head... finally.

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Edited by AldoUSMC
clarity...

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit

Happy for you you managed to release and guide GBU-12.

But when the release cue (what you call "bomb fall line", but BFL is for CCIP) appears in HUD, you're not supposed to push the stick to dive.

By doing so you're just retarding the release.

On contrary you're supposed to pull the stick full aft, you will release from longer range.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

Yes Jojo,

I understand how it is supposed to work. My post was made after probably 30-ish plus drops with JTAC lazing and GBUs not picking up the laser. Most flew long suggesting the bomb was flying too flat and the seeker not aquiring the spot. Once I changed it up to assume the 15 deg dive the seeker seemed to then acquire the spot reliably. I went from hitting zero to hitting 90+ % of drops. So I made this post so others could consider it. I wish it did work reliably for me on level or slight climb.

I tried this at numerous airspeeds to ensure it wasn't just me flying too fast for a GBU release.

By the way... I AM enjoying flying the M2000C in DCS. :pilotfly:

Edited by AldoUSMC

Semper Fi

AldoUSMC

Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 4 GHz, 32 GB Ram, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Windows 10 Pro -64 Bit