Mirage CCRP Targeting, what am i doing wrong

Doum76

Greetings guys,

I'm back to the Mirage after quite a while, so i'm trying to get back to learn back CCRP and CCIP Bombing, but guess i forgot stuff, what am i doing wrong, i can't seem to be able to lock anything with the diamond on HUD, i get cross from jtac lasing, but can't target, i know my map button works or enter on the keyboard because in A/A i can lock targets on the radar... i didn't had any problem back then using CCRP, i tried close targets to make sure i'm in range capability of the radar CCRP lock, i even make sure i have at least a free 2000 ft from target, fardar is on.. but i don't get it.

Thanks

Greetings guys,

i know my map button works or enter on the keyboard because in A/A i can lock targets on the radar...

Now you have to use a different button to perform ranging in TAS mode.

It's not the same button anymore to lock AA target and to designate AG target.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Its name is Magic Slave/AG Designate/INS Position Update. It's in the HOTAS category.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Unrelated , but does that mean that when Magic slaving will be fixed , we will need to lock AND press slave magic ? sounds... redundant.

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Mirage & Magic have a specific thing.

IRL both Magic and radar have their own and independent search patterns.

So you can select search pattern for each sensor, unlock each one independently, and slave Magic to radar or radar to Magic depending on which one locked the target you want to attack.

So the Mirage has corresponding HOTAS control to do all that.

So the Magic is sometimes used has a kind of IRST.

I don't know if this will be possible to program within DCS World...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

so it appears to be a long story of relationship :) I was very surprised when found out Rafale was capable of showing IR-image from Mica-IR on it's VTB, using it as a kind of IRST.

So it turns out Mirage was the first one to do it :) but not showing any image on VTB, I guess?

I also noticed that in the game Magic has got a very powerful seeker - it can detect targets at range >6nm, far beyond launch range

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While Mica IR has IIR seeker (imaging infra red), it doesn't display the picture on MFD. (or I really missed something big :D)

There is a picture you can find on the web, but it's probably a test picture.

But Rafale also has built in IRST, it's OSF, with powerful TV channel to ID targets at long range.

Mica can also be used has IR sensor like Magic of course.

Mirage fanatic !

Thanks for the reply guys, didn'T know, and last Chuck guide i read still mentionned pressing Enter... you guys saved me from going to war in a Cesna due to frustration :PP

Guys, Chuck is doing a great job with his guide, but it's unofficial.

There are updates once or twice a month, so you can't expect Chuck's guide to be permanently up to date while the module is still in beta phase...

The official manual is:

X:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Doc

Like every other modules :smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

There are updates once or twice a month, so you can't expect Chuck's guide to be permanently up to date while the module is still in beta phase...

The official manual is:

Wasn't any negative comments :) But Chuck's guides are the first things i tend to read, love the way he's doing his things. :)

Regarding CCRP. I just flew target practice with Mk82 in latest release version. Using radar ranging. CCRP looks still quite inaccurate, dropping bombs well past the target. Have there been any fixes or am I doing something wrong, still? :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Regarding CCRP. I just flew target practice with Mk82 in latest release version. Using radar ranging. CCRP looks still quite inaccurate, dropping bombs well past the target. Have there been any fixes or am I doing something wrong, still? :)

Makes me feel strange, i stoped flying the Mirage a few months ago because of that and lasing not working, ended up flying the Huey until Gazelle came out and only flew chopers, i got back in the Mirage 2-3 days ago, all all that was fixed, but since 1.5.4 it's broken again, i guess i brought bad luck to the Mirage lovers loool

hey lasing never stopped working

Got to know what i do wrong then, because i get target cross from JTAC lasing, i'm at least 2000 ft over target, straight up fom it, release on queue, and bomb drops no where near it, all that with a type 2 in effet, with laser mark from JTAC? Guess i'll have to retry.

Got to know what i do wrong then, because i get target cross from JTAC lasing, i'm at least 2000 ft over target, straight up fom it, release on queue, and bomb drops no where near it, all that with a type 2 in effet, with laser mark from JTAC? Guess i'll have to retry.

You shouldn't receive anything on your HUD from JTAC lasing, the M-2000C does not have a laser spot detector. Releasing an LGB is exactly the same as releasing a low-drag dumb bomb (only difference is the bomb can guide on a laser spot if it happens to see one on its way down).

The cross marker on the HUD is your waypoint indicator; it's the "house" symbol until you get within (I think) 7 nm (somewhere around that distance) and then it becomes a cross. If you've entered the target coordinates from the JTAC that's where it'll be from, alternatively you may have a mission waypoint pre-set at the same location. If neither of those are true, then you may be delivering the weapon nowhere near the JTAC's intended target.

Was 2,000 feet over target correct? That seems awfully low for an LGB delivery. You'd probably need to release in a dive for the bomb's seeker to be able to acquire the laser spot in time to guide.

The official manual is:

Wasn't any negative comments :) But Chuck's guides are the first things i tend to read, love the way he's doing his things. :)

Like jojo said... it's unofficial and sometimes I don't have time to update every new change in right away. I'll have it updated soon... maybe during the next week-end.

You shouldn't receive anything on your HUD from JTAC lasing, the M-2000C does not have a laser spot detector. Releasing an LGB is exactly the same as releasing a low-drag dumb bomb (only difference is the bomb can guide on a laser spot if it happens to see one on its way down).

The cross marker on the HUD is your waypoint indicator; it's the "house" symbol until you get within (I think) 7 nm (somewhere around that distance) and then it becomes a cross. If you've entered the target coordinates from the JTAC that's where it'll be from, alternatively you may have a mission waypoint pre-set at the same location. If neither of those are true, then you may be delivering the weapon nowhere near the JTAC's intended target.

Was 2,000 feet over target correct? That seems awfully low for an LGB delivery. You'd probably need to release in a dive for the bomb's seeker to be able to acquire the laser spot in time to guide.

Ok now i feel dumb, thought it was coming from the JTAC, how do we knoe where around to drop the bomb then since we get no visual marks? Tough to get proper videos for this, 90 % of them uses scripts that let them drop the bomb 20 nm away sorta way of speaking. As for the altitude, i was about 10 000 ft, not 2 000, i meant i was at least for sure over 2 000 ft.

Like jojo said... it's unofficial and sometimes I don't have time to update every new change in right away. I'll have it updated soon... maybe during the next week-end.

No need to be always updated, what you do helps us big time already, even unofficial, way better than lots of unofficial stuff going around on Youtube. :) The reason i love your stuff is, it's a fast way to learn, without having to read all the details in depth of the manual, the few spare times i have, i rather read it quick and try in sim, when there is stuff i can't find in your guides, i get in the manuals, if i don't find it there, well i get on here, and that's what happened for this thread, i couldn't find answers in both manuals. :)

Ok now i feel dumb, thought it was coming from the JTAC, how do we knoe where around to drop the bomb then since we get no visual marks? Tough to get proper videos for this, 90 % of them uses scripts that let them drop the bomb 20 nm away sorta way of speaking. As for the altitude, i was about 10 000 ft, not 2 000, i meant i was at least for sure over 2 000 ft.

If it's a target of opportunity, you have to enter coordinates given by JTAC into PCN.

The + replace the "house" in HUD when:

- distance < 10Nm

- waypoint is in HUD's field of View.

Mirage fanatic !

You have to find the target by yourself and just drop them like normal bombs. If the JTAC can give you coordinates you can use them to find the target as jojo explained.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If it's a target of opportunity, you have to enter coordinates given by JTAC into PCN.

The + replace the "house" in HUD when:

- distance < 10Nm

- waypoint is in HUD's field of View.

Indeed, not flying the A-10c for over 3-4 years now, made me forgot all about that, specialy since the Mirage is the first one having working INS (besides the Gazelle), i should had thought about that, since that'S how we did in the A-10C, thanks for waking up my brain lol

I did try, what i did is, find an online MGRS to LAT/LONG converter, entered the LAT/LONG in the waypoint, was close enough where the bomb drop, but didn't get lased, my question is, have you trie since the last patch to know if it's realy working?