VTB++ the comeback (VTB Rework)

sedenion

Hi all,

Here is the last version of the VTB (HDD, Radar Screen) rework. The intent of this mod is to:

- fix the mipmap problem on grid, heading tape, and some items

- fix the alignment problem between grids and elements (IFF dashed line, etc)

- fix the the overall item placement and overlaps

Both textures and Lua were reworked. The mod comes in two variant : the standard one (Std) and the the yellow one (Yel)... see below for details.

attachment.php?attachmentid=157042&stc=1&d=1486813233

The two variants and the litigious point:

The Std version do not change the HDD item coloring (almost all green). The Yel version changes some items color from green to yellow, according this source: http://rafalefan.e-monsite.com/medias/images/2000c.jpg

Fact is that the Mirage 2000 HDD is trichromic : Green, Yellow and Red, so yes, it is not formely impossible that some elements are in fact yellow while other are green. This is not formely an "unrealistic" hypothesis.

Some say "This yellow coloring is a specific mode, all should stay green in fact"... Some say "who knows ? look at the screenshot". So i say: since nobody seem realy know or able to give a rational argumentation about this specific point, YOU CHOOSE.

vtb-rework.thumb.jpg.866f6e131a7d31cce6b5b4c76a9b016c.jpg

M-2000C - VTB Fix Std.zip

M-2000C - VTB Fix Yel.zip

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

Very cool, thx :thumbup:

But if I can be very picky. Isnt it a monochrome tube/display? So it could only display single color shades? Either green shades, yellow (or amber) shades or grey shades?

I had a amber monochrome for my C64 back in the day :D

horcZ.png

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

But if I can be very picky. Isnt it a monochrome tube/display? So it could only display single color shades? Either green shades, yellow (or amber) shades or grey shades?

No, the Mirage 2000C VTB use three colors: Green, Yellow, Red. (in suppose this is a bi-color screen, green and red... since yellow = green+red)

2000c.jpg

Edited by sedenion

No, the VTB can display 3 colors:

- Green

- Yellow

- Red

Yet the use of yellow color in this mod is fictional...

vlcsnap-2015-08-16-11h41m16s126.png.7c49df592358ad9215ba96239d5569f1.png

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ah, never mind me then.

Next mod, adding the reflections to the screen's and dials :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

No, the VTB can display 3 colors:

- Green

- Yellow

- Red

Yet the use of yellow color in this mod is fictional...

Well, what is the right color so ? In the photo, it appear clearly yellow parts... (note: my purpose is not to make fashion fictionnal, if you really know the colour scheme, tell me, and i modify. This is a mater of 2 minutes and Zeus can include the rework in the next update... )

Edited by sedenion

In the picture I just posted above everything is green. The problem are:

- the quality of the picture (depending on lighting, camera quality, video encoding)

- IRL you can adjust separately luminosity and contrast of elements. So it can give the false impression of different color...

Yellow has specific purpose.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

In the picture I just posted above everything is green. The problem are:

- the quality of the picture (depending on lighting, camera quality, video encoding)

- IRL you can adjust separately luminosity and contrast of elements. So it can give the false impression of different color...

Yellow has specific purpose.

Ok, we can say that TDC and grid still green... but target data is clearly yellow in the first photo, and the first photo is better quality than your... so ?

Ok, we can say that TDC and grid still green... but target data is clearly yellow in the first photo, and the first photo is better quality than your... so ?

So yellow has a specific purpose.

Mirage fanatic !

So yellow has a specific purpose.

And what is this SPECIFIC PURPOSE mister "i know, but i will not explain or tell you, because <here some reason (maybe you in fact don't really know... as the "PRF feature")>" ?

Anyway... added version 1.1 with only the Target Data in yellow... And if Zeus want to include this rework with green target data, he know how to do.

And what is this SPECIFIC PURPOSE mister "i know, but i will not explain or tell you, because <here some reason (maybe you in fact don't really know... as the "PRF feature")>" ?

Anyway... added version 1.1 with only the Target Data in yellow... And if Zeus want to include this rework with green target data, he know how to do.

Please stop. This is not to prove that jojo knows a lot on the 2000. Look at the first picture, target information is displayed but no radar contact is locked, maybe this is why the infos are in yellow, the "specific purpose".

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

But can you tell me how to change the color ... for no specific reason =o ?

Depend what colour of what you want change...

The material colors are declared in VTB_definitions.lua line 7, 8 and 9

vtb_ind_color = green

vtb_stt_color = yellow

vtb_wrn_color = red

For the grid : you have to change the material color line 24, replace the last parameter vtb_ind_color to vtb_stt_color or vtb_stt_color to vtb_ind_color.

For the TDC, you have to go to VTB_page_1.lua at line 125

The default function used is create_vtb_textured_box() for green item, or create_vtb_stt_textured_box() for yellow item

For the Target Data, you must go in VTB_page_1.lua line 1573, 1584, 1594, 1604 and 1614 and change the material from vtb_stt_indication_font (yellow) to vtb_indication_font (green) or vice versa

Please stop. This is not to prove that jojo knows a lot on the 2000. Look at the first picture, target information is displayed but no radar contact is locked, maybe this is why the infos are in yellow, the "specific purpose".

And maybe you are right... anyway i ask Jojo a clear answere and explanation... since i don't support anymore its haughty maners, even if i know he can't smell me.

Depend what colour of what you want change...

The material colors are declared in VTB_definitions.lua line 7, 8 and 9

vtb_ind_color = green

vtb_stt_color = yellow

vtb_wrn_color = red

For the grid : you have to change the material color line 24, replace the last parameter vtb_ind_color to vtb_stt_color or vtb_stt_color to vtb_ind_color.

For the TDC, you have to go to VTB_page_1.lua at line 125

The default function used is create_vtb_textured_box() for green item, or create_vtb_stt_textured_box() for yellow item

For the Target Data, you must go in VTB_page_1.lua line 1573, 1584, 1594, 1604 and 1614 and change the material from vtb_stt_indication_font (yellow) to vtb_indication_font (green) or vice versa

Thx man

I like yellow just want to experiment a bit hehe

PINK TDC Here we GO!

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

I've looked into it a bit and the first picture is a sort of sticker that is placed in museum exposed aircraft, so you should not take them as real material.

Source : https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMF5YHk6JeYTo7tC6pF2GzsdjWKi7FVRapcoElfm4jIbK1iihsu5wkQPtYdbeLvcA?key=SHZ3czJNYVNaRnRZOHBYcWFwN0NEZUFWQm40eVl3

Look at the VTB picture and the one you used, they are the same and in the link the aircraft is long cold.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I've looked into it a bit and the first picture is a sort of sticker that is placed in museum exposed aircraft, so you should not take them as real material.

Probably, i NEVER SAID that i know the true color of the VTB, the fact is: I don't know, i'am not a former pilot... the main purpose of the mod is alignments + mipmaps, coloring is a "chery on the cake" and can be easly modified on the fly... if its wrong, one has just to tell me "you made a mistake"... Despite appearence, am full of goodwill... not like some other.

If anybody know, he talk, and i modifies. If jojo really know, he talk, he explain, and i modify... that's all.

And maybe you are right... anyway i ask Jojo a clear answere and explanation... since i don't support anymore its haughty maners, even if i know he can't smell me.

You're right.

However here I remained strictly factual, and I provided you proof picture.

Given the way you welcome data provided to you, I don't owe you any more explanations.

You can make pink TDC if you like it. Have fun !

Mirage fanatic !

Source : https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMF5YHk6JeYTo7tC6pF2GzsdjWKi7FVRapcoElfm4jIbK1iihsu5wkQPtYdbeLvcA?key=SHZ3czJNYVNaRnRZOHBYcWFwN0NEZUFWQm40eVl3

Look at the VTB picture and the one you used, they are the same and in the link the aircraft is long cold.

The sticker is probably done from the very well known picture.

Mirage fanatic !

Given the way you welcome data provided to you, I don't owe you any more explanations.

Maybe... but he's not the only one interested by the answer to his question... I am too.:blush:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.