Eye Candy - 3d Cockpit

At the moment we are tweaking with the SFM as the AFM functionality hasn't been released to us yet.....

Does that amount to a substantial disadvantage, not being able to access AFM functionality? If so, how will that affect modelling the aircraft to DCS standards?

Oh yes, damn that cockpit looks spiffy - a Spiffy Typhy :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that amount to a substantial disadvantage, not being able to access AFM functionality? If so, how will that affect modelling the aircraft to DCS standards?

From all the snippets of information that have floated around the forums in recent weeks, it seems more likely that ED are simply not in a position, commercially, to just hand over their current bespoke AFMs and are in the process of creating enough documentation and tech help for 3rd parties to use in the future, for their own AFM creations. Assuming that to be the case, then for now these 3rd party devs will have to make do with working on the rest of their functionality and making do with tweaked SFMs (plus whatever of their own advanced flight modelling they can add to that) as best they can.

These projects all seem to be quite a distance away from release, from their own admissions - it seems plausible to expect they all wish to include AFMs to justify the DCS tag, but merely can't confirm that any more than they have at the moment - due to lack of short-term access.

I wish them all well with their projects and I sincerely hope they get to have flight modelling to match their 3d modelling, which looks stellar in all cases :)

Now I have to go back to work, lots of pennies need to be earned for late 2012/2013 purchases :music_whistling:

Martin...

A Spiffy Tiffy, I love it hahaha

Our team engineer is looking into this at the moment Viper. He started to talk to me about Polar quad coeff and Polar 4th power coeff last night and then I fell asleep. Maths was never my strong point but when he saw what we could change he was giddy as a kid in a candy store, grabbed his calculator and went silent for a few hours.

I know that doesn't really answer your question but things are too early at the moment to say.

We are getting a lot of support from ED and TFC and time will tell but I'm positive about it. I think Iris will have more of a fun time with the Raptor thrust vectoring and we'll talk closely with their team on development.

Great! After so many years I'm able to visit this overfunctional cockpit again. Thanks.

I guess it's not necessary to talk about FMs when it comes to the Typhoon. There are so many systems that makes it fly that you don't need to simulate the whole thing. Left, right, up and down is enough for controls.

Just joking, I'm switching them off usally :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Speechless! Really looking forward to this. Forgive me if I'm repeating myself ... I've lost track of where I'm at with all these fantastic new developments.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

RESPECT

This is superb stuff, I just want to say that you guys that do all the model work are solid gold... Great models there...

PS:- I already have a dozen excited questions about how you will model the "classified data" performance of the Eurofighter Typhoon.

Edited by OGREMAN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You get an oooooh with a Typhoo

Actually I'm more a Twinings cup of tea in the morning lol

Ogreman, we are still very much in early development and as you can imagine there are a lot of systems to model in the Typhoon. This really depends on what we can do in DCS and that's too early to say.

attachment.php?attachmentid=67020&stc=1&d=1339167680

by any chance ? :)

No no no no no no no...........Cannot give an Aussie tea - he'll get hiccups!

:P

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Maths was never my strong point but when he saw what we could change he was giddy as a kid in a candy store, grabbed his calculator and went silent for a few hours.

As long as landings are not scripted, I'm a happy camper.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No no no no no no no...........Cannot give an Aussie tea - he'll get hiccups!

:P

M8, I live for tea! I only get hiccups when I get over excited ... lately that seems to be happening whenever I come onto these forums.

VEAO's news for example had me hiccuping for at least half an hour straight, and for the rest of the day it felt like ... Suddenly I was up on top of the world, it should’ve been somebody else.

Believe it or not, I was walking on air, I never thought I could feel so free.

Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be? Believe it or not it’s just me.

It’s like a light of a new day, the news came from out of the blue.

Breaking me out of the spell I was in, making all of my wishes come true.

(Apologies to Air Supply fans are in order ... if there's actually any left :P).

Cheers

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!