Voice recognition

Voice recognition could be implemented by a third party company or a committed programmer. The technology is there but the business is complicated. Microsoft implemented a (Voice Recognition System (VRS) in the Windows operating system which is capable to handle the entire ATC phraseology. I made this experiment with an AI controller for a GCA pattern under FSX. Unfortunately, the basic operating system understands only the local language. So if you would implement an English VRS, you need an English operating system. The way out is to upgrade to Windows Ultimate (Windows 7) to get the multi language package or to use a third party VRS like Nuance. Both solutions have to be paid. The price is well above of the level the normal DCS user got use to. I am not sure how the situation is in Windows 8. But if I can trust the SDK description , the situation has not changed.

Regards,

Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Doesn't seem much difference between Nuance or VAC and it's almost 4 times the price. Unless I've missed something

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

For what it's worth, the IRL Typhoon pilots record the phrases when they begin their conversion, and they're stored on a disc which they put in before each flight. I guess you could get the player to do the same rather than requiring the software to recognise the voice as such, just the pre-recorded samples, but it's a six-hour process...

Doesn't seem much difference between Nuance or VAC and it's almost 4 times the price. Unless I've missed something

Yes, you did :music_whistling: Ok, no kidding, Nuance is producing a high end Voice Recognition System, so after a bit of getting used to your voice and dictation style you can use it like a secretary and it is incredible accurate and fast! Basically, I would say totally overdressed for simming, but a real professional tool. Say like buying Adobes Creative Suite to optimize some holiday pics...

VAC is a Voice Command Recognition and no good for dictation. Unfortunately it is more an extension for the Windows integrated speech API, so no joy on a german Windows Home, unless you like to train "gerrrmann commant setts!" :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well I find that windows speech recognition interprets my words correctly but when I try through VAC in a SP mission, I usually have to speak very slowly and in a voice that would make the queen sound like a neaderthal.;)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

So I'm wondering whether or not go go down the Nuances home route (it's only about £70) Or maybe just go down the multiplayer route which I have done once before for an hour and was fabulous fun - it's just I can't give time to a squadron so it's SP when I have time

I'm not sure there is any software in the word that can deal with my accent! Half the time my own Squadron members don't know what I'm saying when I get excited and talk too fast.... a piece of software will have no chance pitted against a hyper Scotsman!

VRS is one of those things I wouldn't mind missing out on.... nightmare waiting to happen if you ask me :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I usually have to speak very slowly and in a voice that would make the queen sound like a neaderthal.;)

:megalol:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

;1849838']I'm not sure there is any software in the word that can deal with my accent! Half the time my own Squadron members don't know what I'm saying when I get excited and talk too fast.... a piece of software will have no chance pitted against a hyper Scotsman!

VRS is one of those things I wouldn't mind missing out on.... nightmare waiting to happen if you ask me :D

Bahahaha, aye......being very broad Geordie I can definitely relate Maverick. biggrin.gif. Even most English people can't understand us so what frikkin chance has VRS got? Maybe a Cray or Deep Blue supercomputer given several Millennia could crack it. I reckon the program would just give up on Glaswegian though. biggrin.gif

That said, bizarrely Scandinavian people I talk to on TS are definitely the best at understanding the accent and if I use slang, as a lot of Geordie slang is Scandinavian in origin from Danelaw times etc and coastal settlement (though most of it is old Anglo-Saxon English). Same with parts of Scotland regarding Scandinavian words as you'll know. I'd be able to understand you fine as I'm part Scots myself on Mothers side (she's a Craig). smile.gif

I try to tone it down out of necessity but I refuse point blank to talk like some poncey Hugh Grant type posh Southern Fairy......LMAO. tongue.gif wink.gif Not happening, ever. biggrin.gif

"Thi divvent knaa worram on aboot man hinny" megalol.gif

Howay the lads. :D

Edited by Biggles07
  • Like 1

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

Well this Hugh Grant posh type Southern Fairy is developing the Typhoon so stick that up ya skirt....I'm sorry.....kilt ;)

Muahahaha, You know I'm only messing man Ells (I even have 'geet posh' Fairy mates from Windsor! )......and we don't wear skirts, though "Man-kinis" are gradually gaining acceptance in this enlightened age. :D

Really looking forward to the Hawk and eventually Tiffy......and forever in your debt for making them. Splendid, old boy. Absolutely Capital! :D

:D

Edited by Biggles07

♫ ' Papa was a hairy mole.....Wherever he dug a den was his home ' ♫

;1849838']I'm not sure there is any software in the word that can deal with my accent! Half the time my own Squadron members don't know what I'm saying when I get excited and talk too fast.... a piece of software will have no chance pitted against a hyper Scotsman!

I see that:

Maverick: "Radar: Lock Contact."

Betty: "Gear Down and locked"

:lol:

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.