Typhoon Capability & Systems

Some interesting history...

When DID developed their Eurofighter sim in the mid-'90s, they seemed to have good connections with the "Military" including a Typhoon test pilot, IIRC. Lots of credits in the EF2000 Manual going to British Aerospace, GEC-Marconi and the RAF (incl. RAF pilot's names). I believe this led to other ventures...

F22 Air Dominance Fighter Manual, p.176...

==========

"Digital Image Design's commitment to excellence within the field of combat simulation has led the company into the military arena. Following interest from all three armed services, DID worked towards and attained BS EN ISO 9001 TickIT accreditation in 1997. The first (and currently only) entertainment software company to achieve this qualification. As a result, DID has since developed a range of military training systems, Cockpit, Night vision and gunnery training systems. Knowledge from all these systems has been declassified and used to improve the quality and realism of subsequent DID releases."

==========

Maybe the makers of this Eurofighter will get the same level of cooperation?

Of course the MFD displays in EF2000 don't exactly match the link I posted above (nor could they at the full-screen MFD resolution of only 320x200), but I do see some resemblance.

Edited by MGonzales

DID developed a TIALD training simulator for the RAF IIRC. EF2000 was indeed great for its time and when looking at it from todays perspective it's amazing how well the aircraft was simulated overall considering the maturity and level of classification of the real AC by that time. Almost all systems of the real AC were simulated in some form albeit grossely oversimplified.

As long as VEAO will simulate all systems to a reasonable degree I'm fine.

We will be doing a public alpha small release like we did with the Hawk, if you don't like it at that point you don't have to buy it and if you do, well great.

Oh boy, I can´t wait to try this out, no matter how buggy it might still be that point. ;)

Apart from that I agree with GGTharos - if it is all simulated to its legal boundaries, I can live with a few simplifications as long as the module offers all relevant tactical options.

Go Eurofighter!

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Oh boy, I can´t wait to try this out, no matter how buggy it might still be that point. ;)

Apart from that I agree with GGTharos - if it is all simulated to its legal boundaries, I can live with a few simplifications as long as the module offers all relevant tactical options.

Go Eurofighter!

Speaking about relevant tactical options... please! please! please! please!:

Typhoon-dual-bomb-drop.jpg

"Equipped with new P1E software, a Eurofighter Typhoon in a multirole configuration featuring both air-to-surface and air-to-air weapons (2 GBU-16 plus 1 Laser Designation Pod plus 2 AIM-9L plus 2 underwing tanks) recently conducted the first laser guided, self designating, simultaneous guided bomb drops: in other words, the European jet attacked and destroyed two different targets at the same time. Apr 19 2013"

In the US there is a code that states that if you publish information, even if you had zero idea it was classified (let's say you were just really smart and came up with the idea on your own) you can still be found legally liable for posting such information the same way as if you knew it was classified and chose to leak it.

Guessing is as bad as knowing, especially if you have a pretty good idea what things might be, regardless of why your guess might just happen to be accurate.

During WW2, we had a saying: "Lose lips sink ships". Works pretty well as a metaphor, too.

Best regards,

Tango.

Wow is that really true?? man I don't talk much about anything but wow that would be weird.. Oh and I look forward to the Typhoon with wide eyes and perhaps I can get in on the Beta.. I certainly will apply..

This was my all time favorite sim to fly in the mid 90's..I was a EF2000v2.0 junkie..

I will probally like what is offered here since this is my near favorite plane that and the F22 a deadly combo.. I look at it this way when I am flying the Simulation I don't pretend I'm flying the real (Insert your favorite combat plane here) but rather I am training in a military simulator..

Now someone mentioned it is just a game yes in the end that all it is.. but it to me is a simulation and I enjoy them very much.. I have read reports of guys with time in F4 SP3 and such be able to hop into a real F16 Simulator whilst it was declassified stuff they at least had the cabability to know most of what to do..

Now Certain things about the F16 are still classified and what not. IDK It gives me a thrill to even have a glimpse of the Cockpit and to know what the buttons do.. Now I am not at the level a real pilot would need be I'm sure there are some who are very proficient..

I have learned so much in the year 2000 and on when simulators got even better then DCS Came out with the KA-50 wow that was a cool bird so many buttons and such.. I may never get to see a real KA-50 but I got to see sort of the inner workings of one and that is what I like..

Now I am sure there are a few here who had played EF2000v2.0 back in the day and had a blast.. DID did such a wonderful job coming in under 100mbs.. I really am looking forward to the Typhoon release it is going to be a pleasure to fly and get down and dirty with..

I would lay odds after flying the Typhoon in DCSW we would probally feel at home if we ever got the chance to sit in a Real Typhoon simulator declassified version of course.. The Whole idea of these gaming flight simulators is to dispend belief and I think that with the modern graphics of DCSW and with Edge on the way it does a good job of doing that..

IT is the 2nd Golden age of simming .. and more to come..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Oh We'll do our best ;)

Hello Ells

I'm sure you guys will do a great job! I have seen a post of you in the eye candy thread with a MDEF illustration from a tV DM so you chaps surely have the necessary insight required to properly simulate the Typhoon, so it's first and foremost a question of what's the outturn of the negotiations with BAES and the RAF, the constraints dictated by the DCS engine and of course the resources and time to realize the project. I personally wouldn't mind about a PSC 3.7X like config at the beginning and building up a more sophisticated standard with successive updates.

Regards

• 11 months later...

A simple question here.

Are we getting the prototype version of the eurofighter? From what I know the eurofighter IRL has been in development since the late 70s+. If we are getting an interpretation of the modern one, I can imagine it's going to upset the grazing f-15 and Su-27's. :c

But if we get an earlier model, the great balance (Imbalance. Those SPAMRAAMs) scale may not be tipped out of control.

We've all heard ED say, DCS is not going to be balanced, they want it to be as real as they can get a sim. But on that note, typhoons fighting the 1st production model of the su-27 is fantasy. Then again, this mostly has to with if 104th will add the typhoon to their server or not. Which they probably will, because we've already got f-15s fighting f-15s etc.

Edited by IJN Nagato
A simple answer, read the more recent posts in the few threads here and you'll get the answer.

I've looked through most threads about it, and haven't seen anything on if it's a prototype variant. If anything it looks like they are going for the modern one as much as they are allowed to.

Last I read, they were doing a T1 block 5.

And I don't think VEAO care about multiplayer balance, they're doing hi-fi sim modules. It's up to each server admin to limit the plane or weapon selection.

Edited by emg
But on that note, typhoons fighting the 1st production model of the su-27 is fantasy.

Why I think even Russia still has a few. It all depends on the situation. When the US fought Iraq in the 90's it wasn't completely balanced either.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files