DCS Fw 190 D-9 Flight Manual

SimFreak

Corrected Flight Manual in the first post.

See ticket #26890:

whole document: "EZ 42" vs "EZ42" gunsight

p. 2: ... to all fans of DCS(-> insert ":") P-51D Mustang.

p. 9: (-> Remove space) While originally intended to serve as a bomber interceptor

p. 12: ... 13mm Rheinemetall-Borsig (-> Rheinmetall-Borsig) MG 131

p. 16: ... had more in common with the Malclom (-> Malcolm) Hood ...

p. 16: The Fw 190D-9 (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document) has an all-metal ...

p. 16: The rear spar consists of two section (-> sections), ...

p. 17: The Fw 190D-9 (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document) has an all-metal tail unit

p. 18: ... surfaces that include a vertical stabilizer, rudder, horizontal stabilizer, two elevator (-> elevators), two aileron (-> ailerons), and flaps.

p. 22: ... the corresponding Ein button and ...

-> ... the corresponding "Ein" (On) button and ...

p. 22: ... the corresponding Aus button and ...

-> ... the corresponding "Aus" (Off) button and ...

p. 24: ... is powered by a Junkers Jumo 213A-1 (-> "213 A-1")engine

p. 24: The Junkers Jumo 213 engine comes equipped with a "Bediengerät" Engine Control Unit. It is similar in function to the "Kommandogerät" command device used on

-> Engine Control Unit -> engine control unit

-> put "engine control unit" and "command device" between parentheses

p. 26: ... in an (-> "the") event of an emergency.

p. 27: The Junkers Jumo 213A-1 (-> "213 A-1") engine drives ...

p. 29: ... normal pressure of 1 to 2 kg/cm3 (-> cm³).

p. 29: Front and rear fuselage tanks fed (-> "feed") into the engine’s main pump.

p. 30: (-> Insert "A") Fuel Pressure gauge is also provided that ...

p. 31: ... to feed in to (-> "into") the rear tank.

p. 32: A 55-liyters (-> "55-liter") circular oil tank is located ...

p. 32: ... temperature range of 110…130 Celsius degrees (-> "degrees Celsius").

p. 34: The coolant system attempts to operate at the temperatures about 100 C at all altitudes.

-> ... at a temperature of about 100°C at all altitudes.

p. 34: ... is exceeded (-> insert comma) the pressure begins to rise.

p. 35: To avoid excessive pressure (-> insert comma) the cooling system has a ...

p. 36: Lightning -> Lighting

p. 36: Instrument Panel Lightning (-> Lighting)

p. 39: The aircraft if (-> is) equipped with a FuG 16ZY radio, ...

p. 39: The AFN2 (-> "AFN-2" to match the rest of the document) component of the radio set ...

p. 39: ... is one of the world’s first Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) unit (-> units) that ...

p. 39: ... a pre-defined signal that the ground station can processs (-> process) ...

p. 41: The Fw 190D-9 (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document) offers ...

p. 42: ... twin synchronized 13mm Rheinemetall-Borsig (-> Rheinmetall-Borsig) MG 131 machine guns ...

p. 42: ... is from the SZKK (Schalt- Zähl- und Kontrollkasten) family ...

-> ... (Schalt-, Zähl- und Kontrollkasten) ...

p. 43: A total of 803 EZ42 was produced in total, production ceasing in March of 1945.

-> avoid repetition of "total"

p. 45: The cockpit in the FW 190D-9 (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document) was ...

p. 46: The front dash that includes the instrument panel and the EZ 42 gunsight.

-> Not a sentence. Maybe remove "that".

p. 48:

Remove the "." at the end of 15., 16. and 17.

All other items (1-14) do not have full stops either.

p. 48: The left-hand side that includes engine controls.

p. 49:

Remove all the "." at the end (17x)

p. 50: The right-hand side that includes electrical system breakers, canopy and weapon controls, flight clock.

p. 50

1 -> 1.

2 -> 2.

7 -> 7.

Remove all the "." at the end (7x)

p. 52: The Throttle lever incorporates (-> insert "a") twist grip.

p. 55: The AFN2 (-> "AFN-2" to match the rest of the document) indicator allows for easy navigation ...

p. 57: ... changes position according to the direction of he (-> the) force of gravity ...

p. 57:

The outer rotary ring intended for Cage/Uncage Artificial Horizon. "Fest" is cage and "Los" is uncaging position.

-> The outer rotary ring is intended for caging/uncaging the Artificial Horizon. "Fest" is caged and "Los" is uncaged position.

p. 59: The gauge is graduated from 0.6 (-> 0.5) to 2.5 atmospheres absolute.

p. 61: The instrument is graduated from 0 to 3500 (-> 3600) and ...

p. 61: ... is used to set power in the Fw 190D-9 (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document).

p. 64: "Flugellast" -> "Flügellast"

p. 64: "Rumpflast" - (-> change dash to a long dash to match line above) Jettison Fuselage Stores.

p. 65: cm2 -> cm² (10x)

p. 65: ... is graduated from - (-> remove the "-") 0° to 130°C.

p. 65: Two indicator strips indicate normal operating temperature of 70…120°C.

-> Indicator strips cannot be seen in figure 59

p. 66: ... and is graduated from - (-> remove the "-") 0° to 130°C.

p. 66: Two indicator strips indicate normal operating temperature of 110…130°C.

-> Indicator strips cannot be seen in figure 60

p. 66: ... indicates mixture pressure in the MW-50 system in in (-> remove one "in") kg/cm2.

p. 66: One main fuel gauge (-> insert "is") provided for all tanks.

p. 67: One main fuel gauge (-> insert "is") provided for all tanks.

p. 68: When the aft tank will be indicate the fuel consumption therefore external tank is empty and can be jettison.

-> Sentence does not make sense and needs to be rewritten.

p. 68: The instrument is graduated from 0 to 250 kg/cm2(-> insert space here)and scaled to 10 kg/cm2.

p. 69: The Oxygen Flown (-> Flow) Valve is used to turn (-> insert "on") the flow of oxygen to the pilot.

p. 75

The two available positions are "Kopflastig" (Up) and "Schwanzlastig" (Down).

-> The two available positions are "Kopflastig" (nose-heavy, up position) and "Schwanzlastig" (tail-heavy, down position).

p. 76

The two available positions are "Ein" (Up) and "Aus" (Down).

-> The two available positions are "Ein" (on, up position) and "Aus" (off, down position).

p. 77

Remove all four "." in the enumeration.

p. 78: The Communications - Homing Switch can be set to one of two positions, "FT" (-> "Ft") or "Abst".

p. 78: Listen to PR16

-> What is PR16? Explain...

p. 78

Because on the first (I) frequency selector position a sending and receiving are conducted at different frequencies in simulator it isn't used.

-> Because on the first frequency selector position (I) sending and receiving are conducted at different frequencies, it is not used in this simulation.

p. 79

The "Junghans BoUk-1" was ...

-> The "Junghans Borduhr Bo-UK1" was ...

p. 79: ... for all German aircrafts (-> aircraft) in WWII.

p. 79

... round Wind/Set Knob below. (-> Two spaces between the words, remove one) The button under ...

p. 79

The button under it starts the stopwatch, arrest (-> arrests) it and put (-> puts) it back.

p. 79

The stopwatch mechanism was (-> is) started and stopped by pressing the start-stop (-> stopwatch) button, located below the wind/set knob.

p. 79

Each passing of the sweep second was (-> is) recorded, up to 15 minutes, on the small register dial.

p. 80

Each circuit breaker has two buttons. Larger black button with a white dot switches the corresponding circuit on. Red button opens the circuit and switches it off.

-> Each circuit breaker has two buttons: A larger black button with a white dot that switches the corresponding circuit on - and a red button that opens the circuit and switches it off.

p. 81: The circuit backer (-> breaker) name ...

p. 83: ... to execute a (-> an) engine start.

p. 85: As soon as you enter the cockpit, make sure next:

-> As soon as you enter the cockpit, ...

p. 85: Turn on all circuit breakers on forward circuit breakers (-> breaker) panel:

p. 85: Ignition (Magneto) Selector Switch to M 1+2 (-> "M1+2") position.

p. 86: Fuel Tank Selector Lever in Open (Auf) position (full up).

-> Fuel Tank Selector Lever in "auf" (open, full up) position.

p. 86: Switch on Fuel (-> fuel) pumps with additional circuit breakers (-> breaker) panel:

p. 87: Press starter switch about 15…20 second (-> seconds) to flywheel spin-up.

p. 87: After flywheel spin-up to (-> remove "to") pull up starter switch for engine start.

p. 92: When a drop tanks (-> tank) is attached, ...

p. 92: Whole "Fuel Management" section should be updated with more info and whole sentences.

p. 100

Because the SCR-522A (-> FuG 16; copy/paste error from P-51D?) VHF AM radio of the FW 190D (-> "Fw 190 D-9" to match the rest of the document) is limited to 5 (-> 4) channels, you will only be able to communicate with those entities whose frequencies are loaded in your radio.

p. 100: When Easy Communications mode (-> insert "is") enabled, the following ‘quick’ command shortcuts are also available:

p. 101: The PPT (-> PTT) button opens and closes the radio communications window for currently selected radio.

p. 101: Hot keys (-> Hotkeys) will also be available ...

p. 113: Because the FuG16 (-> FuG 16) AM radio ...

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
See ticket #26890:

Thanks!

Will correct.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
Could we include approach and landing section. Gear speed, flap speed...

I hope we are not one way missions here :D

If you create those chapters I'll include to manual.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

It´s not in the flight manual, but for what it´s worth I spotted a mistake on the Fw 190 product page 1/4:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/dora/

In the paragraph "Flight Dynamics Model" immediately at the top you can read

"The flight dynamics of the Fw 190 D-9 are a further develops the Advanced Flight Model principles started with the Su-25 [...]"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

The title picture of the Dora does not do it justice.

Reminds me of a G.50.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

Somebody asked for the MW 50 runtime.

I know it was used for 10 minutes. Can this be included too?

TX

+1

We need an overview for engine operating limits.

Something like in the P51 manual.

For example:

Sondernotleistung = MW50 (1.8ata and 3250rpm) for 10 Minutes at a time...

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

Got a german document:

There you can read, that MW50 was limited to 10 minutes.

"L.Dv.T.2109G-14/Fl

MW-Anlage-Karte"

But it's for the Bf109G-14 with DB605AM/ASM engine.

Don't know if this was common for all engines with MW50.

Ok i found something:

Source:

"Die deutsche Luftfahrt

Flugmotoren und Strahltriebwerke"

Junkers Jumo 213

On page 87: "The use of MW50 was limited to 10 minutes..."

Edited by Flying-Kane
adding content

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
See ticket #26890:

Manual corrected and attached to first post.

Can we get in the future a complete FW 190 D-9 manual like the P-51D after release?

I miss a lot in the manual information about traffics, landings, crosswind landings, cold weather operation, etc, that we have for the Mustang.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

not bad see Warm up, taxi, take off, cruise, combat, landing, and ramp engine RPM limits plus other aircraft data.

Not bad setting of a DCS manuals chapters info to give a complete module operations.

Edit: Fw-190A-8 English manual (surely can help with some systems on the Fw-190D-9)

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fissuu.com%2Fjoete6%2Fdocs%2Fpilot_manual_-_flugzeug-handbuch_-_%2F40%3Fe%3D0&h=nAQE5rhTk

Edited by Silver_Dragon

• ED Team
Can we get in the future a complete FW 190 D-9 manual like the P-51D after release?

I miss a lot in the manual information about traffics, landings, crosswind landings, cold weather operation, etc, that we have for the Mustang.

Sorry, but FW 190 manual will be shorter then P-51. We have very limited documents for D-9 and only few in English.

Sorry, but FW 190 manual will be shorter then P-51. We have very limited documents for D-9 and only few in English.

Hi,

;) You have developed a simulation model for the FW 190 based on x*y*z

Is there any reason for missing chapters / tables like :

* Engine ratings ( P51 manual page 30 )

* Kneeboard Map ( 99 )

For people without any experience in DCS simulations

* Flight characteristics / Operating Limits ( 101 ff. )

* Special Flight Conditions ( 108 - 116 )

Thanks Chizh.

I understand the lack of info for a relative uncommon fighter like the Dora near the end of the war. Maybe somebody here at the forums could share some info about it, on german, and this could be added later to the manual.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Thanks Chizh.

I understand the lack of info for a relative uncommon fighter like the Dora near the end of the war. Maybe somebody here at the forums could share some info about it, on german, and this could be added later to the manual.

I agree! If the problem is that the available documents are only available in german, then let the community help here!

We have plenty of german speaking folks here, I am even willing to volunteer here to do some translation of original documents. But I would have to know what exactly to translate - it would not be feasible to translate whole handbooks and my knowledge and experience with the technology, etc. is rather limited that I could decide that on my own.

For example, my "pet topic" is probably radio equipment (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2087128&postcount=11), but I have no real clue what the FuG16ZY maintenance manual is really talking about. I have a certain idea ... but that is not enough to condense that into something that could go into a DCS manual. So, if someone could give me some pointers which chapters and paragraphs are of interest ...?

(The other issue I would have, personally, ... would be the resulting quality of the english translation. My spelling is usually not too bad, but my grammar somtimes, well, sometimes I try to express my self too complicated and ... fail. :o) But this should be no problem - with the help of others here, shouldn't it?)

Edited by Flagrum

Sorry if that was mentioned before. Can that be a correct frequency range?:

The FuG 25a operates in frequency range of 125 + / - 1.8 MHz...
I found that part on a wiki page to, but I doubt it`s correct.
Edited by EagleEye

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• ED Team

They have translators, the issue is good documentation on general operations for the D-9.

I agree! If the problem is that the available documents are only available in german, then let the community help here!

We have plenty of german speaking folks here, I am even willing to volunteer here to do some translation of original documents. But I would have to know what exactly to translate - it would not be feasible to translate whole handbooks and my knowledge and experience with the technology, etc. is rather limited that I could decide that on my own.

For example, my "pet topic" is probably radio equipment (see http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2087128&postcount=11), but I have no real clue what the FuG16ZY maintenance manual is really talking about. I have a certain idea ... but that is not enough to condense that into something that could go into a DCS manual. So, if someone could give me some pointers which chapters and paragraphs are of interest ...?

(The other issue I would have, personally, ... would be the resulting quality of the english translation. My spelling is usually not too bad, but my grammar somtimes, well, sometimes I try to express my self too complicated and ... fail. :o) But this should be no problem - with the help of others here, shouldn't it?)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Can we recive any Information about the Primer Hand Pump in the Manual?

It's currently only marked in the Cockpit layout, but without any additional info (Temperatur for use etc. or is this not implemented?)

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27