TrackIR 5 and TM Warthog, centering/pause problem

I've set up my TIR5 with success but am having issues with the cetering/pause functions on my TM Warthog.

In the TIR program I've selected the clicker inside of the slew (on the throttle) as the centering function and the paddle switch of the joystick as the pause. Unfortunately, it appears that the TIR program sees a generic "joystick" number as the only option and it doesn't differentiate between joystick and throttle.

In effect, this issue displays in game as when I hit the the first stage of PAC (A10C) on the joystick, the view centers (where it should have only been the clicker inside of slew to do this). When I hit the mic forward on the throttle, the view pauses (where should have been only the right pinkie paddle to do this).

I can't imagine I'm the only person whose had this issue. I found this link here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69966

but it quickly went off topic and I don't want to use autohotkey.

In essence, is there any way I can:

1. Make the TrackIR program differentiate between the throttle and joystick?

2. Or, change the button numbering on the TM Warthog (somewhere in Microsoft Windows) to something like joystick 101, 102, 103, etc instead of joystick 1, 2, 3, etc?

Thank you

What I did was to assign centering and pause in TIR to some key combo. I think I used CTRL-SHIFT-F12 or something random like that.

Then in the Warthog, I assigned one of the buttons to that key combo. Works like a charm for me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I use VAC, works like a charm, i just say "Track" and TIR centers. Also i have never used the "Pause" function in TIR because if you have your profile set right then you can hold a steady view on your point of interest. I just turned "Pause" off in TIR a couple of days ago to rid it for good.

heres a link >>>>> http://www.dwvac.com/

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

This is a problem with the TrackIR software, even TS diferentiates from witch device a certain DX button is beeing sent. I tried my hand at AutoHotkey but found that it didn't work as well as expected with complex key combos (Shift+Ctrl+Fsomething). So in the end I ended up going back to using TARGET wich I didn't wan't to in the first place, and came up with a very decent and usable configuration. Everything in the HOTAS works as default DCS, all buttons that are required to be held for more than just momentary presses are programed as DX buttons to avoid conflicts (am also using a modified thrustmastercombined.lua along with the TARGET script). The way I have it working the HAT on the Joystick is used for trim but when I press the slew control (the same button on the throttle you are using)it pauses track IR and makes the Trim HAT became a view HAT again. The MicSwitchUp is My trackIR center (no function on the A-10 and MicSwitchZ is my TS PTT) but when trackIR is paused it further modifies the trim HAT move the head in the cockpit instead of panning.

I'm preaty happy with this arrangement and even tough I don't like the way TARGET works, it makes it worthwhile to use.

What I did was to assign centering and pause in TIR to some key combo. I think I used CTRL-SHIFT-F12 or something random like that.

Then in the Warthog, I assigned one of the buttons to that key combo. Works like a charm for me.

I'll give this a shot tonight. My only question is did you use the generic options in DCS or in the TM Target program to assign the arbitrary number selections?

I'll give this a shot tonight. My only question is did you use the generic options in DCS or in the TM Target program to assign the arbitrary number selections?

I created my own profile in TIR, and created the two key combo's (pause and center). then I used TARGET to assign the keystrokes to the keys. I used the pinkie button and the pinkie paddle/toggle.

I don't know if it's required, but before I fire up DCS, I switch the TIR to my profile.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

thanks for that. I saw that, but I'm a creature of habit and I got used to doing it manually. But will look into it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---