PPK 800 multiple rocket selection

m1tp2king

hi. reading the manual about the PPK 800. it says that if more than one rocket type is present on the helicopter then the selector should be set to the correct hard point, to select the correct rocket.

#1 being the outer left wing.

#4 being the outer right wing.

if the rockets are set up in a symetrical manner what hard point should i select to use the correct rocket.

can someone help, clarify this issue, correct me if i am wrong. thanks.

The inner/outer hardpoint selector (U and I) is what you want to pick them. If the loadout is asymmetric, they're fired from left to right. Additionally, on the back wall panel, there's a knob for ballistics mode settings, and you have to change that by hand when changing unguided weapons types. The manual lists which setting corresponds to which weapon.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

where is the inner/ outer hardpoint selector ? on the collective ?

did you mean ' Y ' for outboard hardpoint ?

so, from what i understand so far the process is this ( if you have 2 types of rocket armed on your helicopter )

1) press ' Y ' or ' I ' to select the rocket hardpoint ( outer or inner ).

2) use the PPK-800 selector to select the type of rocket selector.

then i am ready to fire ?

correct ?

Edited by m1tp2king

where is the inner/ outer hardpoint selector ? on the collective ?

did you mean ' Y ' for outboard hardpoint ?

so, from what i understand so far the process is this ( if you have 2 types of rocket armed on your helicopter )

1) press ' Y ' or ' I ' to select the rocket hardpoint ( outer or inner ).

2) use the PPK-800 selector to select the type of rocket.

then i am ready to fire ?

correct ?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, having 2 kind of rocket mounted force you to plan and make your decisions earlier in respect to a more classic loadout.

Is more correct to say that you select the right Ballistic data's for the rockets that you want to fire

Edited by flanker0ne

A couple of strategies can be effective if you want an asymmetric loadout:

• Load your S-8KOM or OFP rockets on the left-hand pylon, then TsM rockets on the right-hand pylon. You can expend your attack munitions first, then switch the selector and do marking work with the TsMs. This also eliminates the double-smoke rocket that you normally get with 2 pods of TsMs loaded.
  • Load a fuel tank on one side and rockets on the other. I often do this when I'm marking targets. Just be sure to open your crossfeed valve to minimize the fore-aft asymmetry inherent with feeding one of the tanks out of an external.