A few critical things to fix/improve

Nooch

I've been playing a lot of Combined Arms recently and I must say I am very happy with the module. It brings a whole new dimension to the sim and being able to play as a tactical commander and to control vehicles directly is a lot of fun :)

Unfortunately there are three main issues right now that are quite annoying:

- A.I flights never listen to the speed and altitude assigned.

It can be a big problem because aircrafts keep flying very low and don't climb other than for avoiding terrain. So they get very easily shot at and damaged even by AAA.

It's also annoying because sometimes they fly extremely slow and keep stuck at the same airspeed.

- A.I flights always shoot 2 missiles/bombs on the same target resulting in a big waste of ammo.

A-10s waste their Mavericks & GBUs, Ka-50s waste their Vikhrs, etc...

- A.I A-10s always drop CBU-97s short of the target area (and by a big distance) making them useless.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey Axel; haven't tried to command aircraft via CA in a few weeks, but last I checked speed and altitude sliders were working for me. They did seem a little fussy and their values appeared to reset in-game but not in the GUI whenever I created a new flight plan for aircraft.

When I made my flight plan and then set speed/altitude everything appeared to be working properly!

When I made my flight plan and then set speed/altitude everything appeared to be working properly!

I just checked in the sim and yes it appears to work but only if performed in that particular order.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice to get rid of the flight path and sliders system. On the military simulators I trained on, you directly enter values in altitude, speed and heading boxes and press enter. Then the aircraft follow those parameters. Makes it alot simplier to control and would make it much easier to recreate some scenarios. It would also make it possible to turn DCS into a AWACS/GCI simulator and practice close control and intercept geometry (with a bearing and range line that displays hdg and range information right next to the cursor, as opposed to the current ''ruler'' tool).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Callsign: BUNZ

https://www.5vwing.com/