SEAD missiles .

eric963

As an old HAWK 2nd LT. I can say that we were practice alot regarding SEAD threat. We usual had 5 radars. and each radar was on for 30 seconds off for 2 minutes. This makes SEAD missiles having trouble finding the target and get a good lock.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i've had this issue of missiles blowing in front of me also..., but this only happened to me when i tried to fire them at a HAWK sam system..., only at hawk's search radar or tracking one, don't know exactly..., but this happened only in 1.2.4 version, now it didn't seem to persist anymore, yet overall we have to say: Tank you ED for "recalibrating" those pesky KH-25MPU's and be able to have a proximity fuze and not just have it flying by the target radar and dig wholes around it! Although there hasn't been much done for it, except for replacing a 0 with a 5 (at least what seems to be done for the 25MPU) at "killdistance" section, so having the missile explode at 5m away from the target with an impact error of 10m radius (same as KH-58) instead of 3..5m which would seem more realistic (at least for a AGM-88 HARM missile), although i think it would be rare nowadays that sead missile would have a 10m (which seems quite much) impact error around the radiation source.

Thus, even with this great guidance error (10, 10, 10), you can more easily destroy radars and SAM's using the previously problematic KH-25MPU, which now does the job as great as the KH-58 was doing..., at least for the moment, cause, let's hope these sead missiles and mostly all of them will be refined in time by ED.

Here's a short video that i've made immediately after 1.2.5 came up, proving the capability of the KH-25MPU especially..., in dealing with infested sam sites!;):

Here you could also see that i was firing missiles one after another at less than a second interval..., so it's not the interval of firing them in order to have them blow up in front of you..., but rather of having a hard enough signal from the targeted radar in order for this not to happen.

For example, i've also noticed that missiles are blowing ahead shortly after launch, when i fired them at a MOLNIYA combat ship..., which had a radar signal, yet when i locked them to my sead missile, i was getting the LA (launch authorized) blinking instead of remaining constantly solid..., and if i fired the missiles in these condition, they were blowing up. When i was locking other ships which had radar emitters, i wasn't having the LA blinking, and so the missiles weren't blowing up ahead anymore, so make sure the LA is not blinking when the missile blows up for no reason..., cause only then, there might be a problem!

Have a good day!:thumbup:

Edited by MaverickF22

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Making DCS a better place for realism.

Let it be, ED!

Talking about SEAD it should be possible to AI-Aircrafts to fire more than one ARM if it is configured in the mission editor. Currently the AI-Planes ignore the "EXPEND"-Attribute when they are assigned to attack one unit with ARM.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Flanker driver since 1996

I flew on 51st server at sunday. My mission was attack the Maykop's Air Defences with Su-25T off course!

The weather was overcast. I discovered SA-15 TOR. I launched two H-25MPU missiles, but the missiles flew straight and some second exploded in front of me. I launched again, but the same thing happened. Then I launched two H-58 missiles and the SA-15 destroyed.

I was about 4000m above the clouds.

distance from Tor, when I launched missiles: 20kms

I tested the H-25MPU missiles in good condition weather and it was perfect!

H-25MPU missile unusable in Overcast weather DCS World 1.2.5.15865!

Same thing here the bug is still there. I also flew on 51st server yesterday and want to take out the HAWK Search Radar (SR) when firing on it my missiles blew up after lunching in few seconds. And this i m talking about version 1.2.5 ! Please ED fix the dam thing already !

I'm investigating the missiles exploding, I may have found few causes but I need to investigate further.

Pakster and 59th_wittman, have the missiles only exploded on you in multiplayer?

@MaverickF22, did you have launch override turned on? With it off I can't get a valid launch authorization cue on the Molynia. With it on I get a solid LA but missiles don't track and explode immediately.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

What was the target?

That's a good question. The HUD said П19 under the locked target, however the only thing in the Su-25T manual on SEAD missiles with a 19 in it is a Tunguska, which is puzzling to me.It was visible on the Hud from about a 100 km - surely Tunguska's radar is not that powerful.

My first Kh-58 launched ok, I turned away to avoid being shot at, but apparently it missed or was intercepted. On second approach the second Kh-58 exploded, so I had to move in closer and launch two Kh-25Mpu - these took of without a problem, but didn't score a hit anyway.

Edited by Gloom Demon

AMD Ryzen 3600, Biostar Racing B850GT3, AMD Rx 580 8Gb, 16384 DDR4 2900, Hitachi 7K3000 2Tb, Samsung SM961 256Gb SSD, Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X, Samsung S24F350 24'

Im really disappointed with the SU-25T sead missiles again . Did a quick sead mission to help some A-10 with an attack , and all six didn't get a strike again !

4 of the MHP missiles blew up right in front of my canopy again , while the 2 58 missed .

I thought this issue had been addressed .

I wont bother doing sead again until the issue is addressed .

I would have thought this would be high on the ED llist of fix's ..... as it completely cancels the sead role and possibily the ability to strike some targets effectively .

Pissed off ................

• Like 1

I did some tests after the fix and it all worked fine for me... :noexpression:

I can't offer any explanation for the 58's missing, but if the 25's exploded in mid air en-route to the SAM it usually means their target has since been destroyed and they'll automatically self-destruct.

I could be wrong though (probably am) :thumbup:

Missiles work fine. There is a possibility that you get launch permission that flashes. In this case do not launch, missile will explode. Now if you are after H50, H46 or other radars ONLY on 51st server then this is your problem. 51st is definitely not updated.

Try 104th server, very immersive A-G missions with perfect dynamic weather and everything works just as SP. Ofcourse there are times that your missile is intercepted or your missile passes near an other missile that comes towards you and explodes (proximity fuse) but those are futures and not bugs.

I can say with 99% confidence that missiles works fine now.

I made a simple SP mission with all radars with no launchers to defend them and no missile exploded.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

After some test with friends, it's seems that only the host can destroy SAM sites, tested on the same mission hosted by different guys and always the same result :

- Host can send KH58 or 25ML and can destroy SAM site.

- Client launch the same missiles that sefldestruct after a few seconds.

Hardware :

CPU : i7-4470K @ 4.0GHz

MB : MSI Z87-GD65

RAM : 16Go

GPU : nVidia 1080 Ti

twitter : yeepeekai

After some test with friends, it's seems that only the host can destroy SAM sites, tested on the same mission hosted by different guys and always the same result :

- Host can send KH58 or 25ML and can destroy SAM site.

- Client launch the same missiles that sefldestruct after a few seconds.

Tested again, SP, HR50 and HR46, no problem to take out (both 58, 25). Online, 51st server, all missiles detonate 30-50- meteres infront of airframe after launch.

So it is definetly a BUG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

so is it just 51st servers problem? any ideas?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I'm investigating the missiles exploding, I may have found few causes but I need to investigate further.

Pakster and 59th_wittman, have the missiles only exploded on you in multiplayer?

@MaverickF22, did you have launch override turned on? With it off I can't get a valid launch authorization cue on the Molynia. With it on I get a solid LA but missiles don't track and explode immediately.

Sorry i reported lately...,

Nope..., the launch override was off in my condition, and that's the reason why i had a blinking LA symbol, otherwise it would've been solid, as you told..., but the missiles blow up in both of these conditions! I don't know if Molynia has some super-duper techniques to defend itself from ARM missiles like it does (perhaps playing with the emitter or something), and if is so..., why only Molynia, or is it a bug related to this ship alone?

Have a good day,

Cheers!

Mistakes, obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we had to work on!

Let it be, ED!

I'm honestly not sure the Moliyna has the right type of radar that the ARMs can even track it. At least when I try it I never get launch authorization against it. So its likely a bug that you are getting LA when you shouldn't be. Basically what seems to be the root issue with this bug is that the game is telling you that yes you can fire, but the ARM missile can't track it, thus explodes due to loss of track. I'm not entirely sure why you are getting LA, but I am not whenever I try it.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Damn..., these whole guy are right when they're talking about the issue with the ARM missiles blowing up ahead shortly after launch..., but i've tested it today and it seems it only happens to clients, and as i was playing as server, these problems wouldn't happen to me at all (except for that Molynia ship, which is something else) and i was able to fire and forget the missiles, from any range or altitude, with no problems. This problem affects more other servers though.

So it was only when my team mate and other players noted me that there's something wrong with their missiles, then i watched them firing all their ARM missiles from different altitudes, ranges, whatever..., and they were all blowing up in front of them!

I'm always checking for the latest patches and updates before starting my server, so this is not the issue and so do the clients are updated...!

There really is a problem between the client and the server he joins!

Do I have to remake/rebuild all my missions that i've created in the earlier patches (created in 1.2.1) and which i've been modifying and re-saved up until the last updates (now 1.2.5), in order to clear this issue for people who want do do a SEAD, or is this happening from other reasons?

Thanks!

Have a good day!

Edited by MaverickF22

Let it be, ED!

Molnia is not possible to target. And for any of you that press the launch authoraisation button,

this button is not for 25t SEAD. Only for bombs and agin you shoud know that something ''bad will happen''.

Launch authorisation key is only for when you are damaged, and for SEAD , beleave me it doesnt work..

The bug when shooting particular targets when on MP still exists though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Maybe the AGM65D is the wrong choice for attacking a ship? (and 1000 is a gross exaggeration unless you have a track showing a ship taking 1000 Mav strikes...)

Edit: and what GG said....

I have the test mission and the track but I will not post here i will post directly to Youtube showing the world the so called realism of ED's DCS World ... :megalol: