Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm. Interesting. I can't found it. Also doesn't in my uploaded files in my profile. Meanwhile the new skinpack template uploaded the Lockonfiles. It will available when the admin apply it.

Edited by beczl

You have modeled 21's radar in a very smart manner. I understand that FC2's code gives a lot of limitations but what I just saw was impressive:

- only one range - 25km- pretty much the ideal max range that RP-21 is able to "see" snything

- locking range of about 17-18km

- target designator moving only in range (up-down), for left right you have to maneuver the whole aircraft :)

- no look-down ability, no look-up ability i.e. just no radar elevation

- no VS mode or any other automatic lock feature

BTW, are you sure about the BORE mode? Also, if you can get rid of the radar frequency change would be also good because the RP-21 is not a doppler radar.

Few items I noticed:

- the drag chute doesn't work, though the brakes are mega effective :)

- the gun pipper is broken - it's way off from the aiming circle all the time, thus only funnel sight

- the center drop tank appears a bit off from the pylon

Other than that - truly amazing mod!!! The aircraft handles just great, especially I like the landing - waaaaay faster than usual :D

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

What servers are running this mod? I want some multiplayer!
=4c= is working on creating a map that will include MiG-21's and Su-25's. We will let you all know when it is ready.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

@AirTito: Well the hardest thing the RP-21 correct simulation. As you know some modes are not available in FC2 so we have to work with the available parameters to change the radar behavior. The Plane has a limited Bore mode but we can't simulate it fully.

I checked the drag chute now and it's working:

After the landing the drag chute is deployed automatically if:

- Flaps are at landing position (fully down)

- Airbrake is ON

- Elevators are down (Stick is pushed forward)

As the manual say the gun pipper doesn’t show the correct target point due some hardcode limitation.

In the real between the droptanks and the center pylon has a 1-2cm gap.

Some players informed me that "some mig21 features don't work in multiplayer" so It tested it and it was true. Basically the problem is not in the custom lua script but in the way the multiplayer system interprets it. Now it's fixed and adapted it so it will run no matter what....

Just downlaod than copy the attached file to ...\config\export\ and overwrite the existing mig21bis.lua

mig21bis.lua

Edited by beczl
  • Like 1

Im just checked the AI Fishbed.

Some minor problems:

- Center air-brake hits the center fueltank. Opens into it. Is it possible to must drop the tank before opening air-brakes ?

- After landing the AI did not open the drag chute. (yep i know: F-16A brain) but is it possible to change it ?

- After landing ( approaching from sea to Batumi ) if AIs slowed down and reached the middle of the runway sometimes turned right and aimed to the parking place - rolled across the grass - did not use taxiways:shocking:

Anyway, Fine MOD ! :thumbup:

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Yes, I understand that FC2's code limits you a lot but in any case your work is outstanding. I really feel in early 70's with that plane :)

About the center tank - I know that but right now the tank is not even touching the pylon. It's very minor, saw it and thought it's worth mention it.

Is there an option in real life for manual deployment of the chute?

Also, I made a simple 1v1 mission with a Norway F-16 MLU but it appears as MiG-21 bis.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

One of the best add-on aircrafts for fc2.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

There are a little problem with LOD I see little something hanging under the left wing. You can see that in S/S.

Also, I think the acceleration is slow because my fuel runs out before I reach Mach 2.05 after take-off.

ScreenShot_015.thumb.jpg.a92372b65b8cb250894e335bf7fcb2d8.jpg

Edited by combatace

There are a little problem with LOD I see little something hanging under the left wing. You can see that in S/S.

Also, I think the acceleration is slow because my fuel runs out before I reach Mach 2.5 after take-off.

Mach 2.5? Its official limit is just about 2.05.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Normally you climb out without A/B and at 10k m level out and kick it - this is typical profile for max Mach with the 21. I hit Mach 2 with no problem.

It's just getting better and better - just tried the tactical nuke, look what I did to Sochi :D

ScreenShot_146.jpg

ScreenShot_143.jpg

=RvE=

The engine smoke is disabled because it's interfered the normal other missile/rocket/burn etc. smokes due it use same texture grsmoketail1.tga. If we use a lightened smoke texture file for engine smoke the other smokes will be very-very light, sometimes invisible. We try to use a normal smoke texture for engine smoke but it's very dark. So we have to disable the whole engine smoke management...

Edited by beczl

Also, I think the acceleration is slow because my fuel runs out before I reach Mach 2.05 after take-off.

I checked and identyfied the LOD issue. The issue source the visible gear bay door when the gear is in. Now it's fixed. The 2.0 release contain this fix as well. Thanks for the report. :-)

You have to use a different profile than normal to reach M2.05. If you would like I'll scan the official and correct graph for M2.05 than post it.

Edited by beczl

I just tried the MiG-21 mod and most of it is very nice... the cockpit work is great but honestly I wish RICARDO would skin it :D

Few "issues" or improvements (if possible to do) I've come across:

- when you turn on cockpit light the cockpit is all dark even in daylight. I think it looks good at night but not at day time (or sunrise/sunset as it's bright enough), it looks just weird to me

- I would like to decrease the cockpit FoV, I know it should be adjusted in SnapViewsDefault.lua but which part? (is it aircraft entry 13?), same can be done for non-used key assignments but I know, this would be just nitpicking :P

- For A-A mode it's better to just take out key binding for V-scan and HMTSm you could even take those entries out, out of keyboard available bindings, for now all I did was take out key assignments)

I think this can be improved even more, if anyhow possible a more defined/detailed external model would be great... still it's a great mod :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...

I checked and identyfied the LOD issue. The issue source the visible gear bay door when the gear is in. Now it's fixed. The 2.0 release contain this fix as well. Thanks for the report. :-)

You have to use a different profile than normal to reach M2.05. If you would like I'll scan the official and correct graph for M2.05 than post it.

Sure, I'll be really grateful if you do that. Thanks in advance.