Flight Qualifications Campaign

I don't recall ever killing all the SA-3 targets in a single pass so you will have to do some mopping up (unless you get lucky and can drop all Mk-82AIRs in a dispersed pattern that kills all the targets). Watch for other AAA or SAM threats while cleaning up that target.

Once the primary target is killed then you have to clear the SEAD threat area (as marked in the briefing docs) of any other AAA or SAMs to ensure the Medevac flight can get in and out unmolested.

It's a challenging mission!

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall ever killing all the SA-3 targets in a single pass so you will have to do some mopping up (unless you get lucky and can drop all Mk-82AIRs in a dispersed pattern that kills all the targets). Watch for other AAA or SAM threats while cleaning up that target.

Once the primary target is killed then you have to clear the SEAD threat area (as marked in the briefing docs) of any other AAA or SAMs to ensure the Medevac flight can get in and out unmolested.

It's a challenging mission!

Alright makes sense.

I had problems with the JTACs in the second part (Uzi never answered) but I only tried the mission once so it may have been a fluke.

Ach, too bad :( but _yet_ is the important word here :)

Unfortunately it's not a straight port of the existing missions and we want to do justice to the NTTR map so expect more accurate flight paths and more emphasis on appropriate tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).

We will report when it's ready but it will take us some time.

Alright makes sense.

I had problems with the JTACs in the second part (Uzi never answered) but I only tried the mission once so it may have been a fluke.

For the JTACs not responding check the frequencies as the ground JTACs use a different frequency than the airborne JTACs - I think UZI is an airborne OH-58.

Those Shilkas with the new terrain are close to invisible on that damn TGP, I end up needing to bait them in firing at me and making gun runs. Suffice to say it never ends well for me. :joystick:

I managed to kill the SA-9 site in just two passes though.

Sabre, be aware that I just ported a mission from v1 to v2 by opening the mission file and editing Theater = NTTR. Of course, all unit positions were off the map to the east, but I moved them to an appropriate place on the NTTR map and made some adjustments to the triggers and it worked like a charm. Be aware that it lost paths for sound files and some trigger conditions, but it was easier than starting from scratch. See the two versions of LFX:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/index.php?CREATED_BY=strongharm

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

Thanks for sharing that. We were hoping it would be easier than redoing the missions from scratch.

Our approach was going to be a little different in that we were going to start with an NTTR mission and copy all the trigger logic, etc to the NTTR mission file.

You did it the other way around it and still worked which is a better method.

Glad to see it won't take a year to redo these missions like the first time they were created.:thumbup:

I hope that ED provides a converter. Simply translating all coords would be helpful. I would suggest translation reference could be Batumi to Nellis. I was going to do the geospacial math to create a calculator to move all units closer to the center of the map then manually change coords in the mission file, but after a few minutes of thinking about it I decided it would be easier to just SHIFT+Click groups, move them to the center of the map manually, then readjust them to perm positions hahah.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

HI all.

I can't seem to be able to understand how to install the BFT missions?

I pasted it in the Mission folder of the A10C but it does not show up in the Training missions in DCS.

Any help?

Thanks!

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

HI all.

I pasted it in the Mission folder of the A10C but it does not show up in the Training missions in DCS.

Any help?

Thanks!

It's not under the Training menu but rather under the Single Player menu.

HI all.

Any help?

Thanks!

the .miz files are in fact .exe files

rename them and run the installer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TAC 14: of course my PC decides to hard crash just before AAR, during a perfectly executed mission at the first attempt. ****ing hell **** me and **** it.

That said, the mission data card in the .pdf is wrong: it states the tanker is on 150.00 AM, while it's on 251.00 AM instead (as correctly stated in the same .pdf under air contacts).

Also, I analysed the TACVIEW recording, and it seems no air asset either BLUFOR or OPFOR can be destroyed. Two F-15s ate at least 8 SAMs without a scratch, and there was a lot of dogfighting with a lot of missiles being fired, and even after multiple hits aircrafts of both sides just kept at it. Is this intended?

EDIT: So, I was waiting for my turn to refuel, just after these two Czech F-16s: the first one just couldn't manage, hence was forced to bail and ditch the aircaft. Quite an amusing piece of emergent gameplay I must say! :megalol:

Edited by Gliptal

As I recall ED changed the tanker frequency with one of the many game updates and we forgot to update the mission data card.

We are planning on reviewing and updating this campaign so we will correct these inaccuracies.

For FORD flight we did set it as immortal as we wanted some action happening in the background.

Since this is a training flight we did take some liberty in deciding which aircraft are vulnerable and which are not.

Obviously if we made the players aircraft immortal that would reduce the learning/training benefit IOO.

The AI is still pretty dumb when it comes to aircraft management. For the next update we will see if we can adjust issues like the AI bailing out instead of tanking and maybe have them RTB before they run out.

It makes sense that most of the aircraft were set as invulnerable for atmosphere's sake. You really don't notice during the mission, I only found out because I've started using TacView.

Regarding the bailing F-16, it's not that bad after all. It sort of makes sense, looking at the TacView they had just finished a dogfight with some Mig-29s, I don't think it would be that unrealistic for one aircraft to be too damaged for a refuel, eventually forcing the pilot to eject.

One thing that really bugged me though is that those two F-16s effectively jumped in front of me for the AAR. I was already aligned, and all of a sudden the tanker called "chicks in tow" and I had to back off. An emergency AAR on their part maybe, I guess this is ATC failing once again.

That said, you're conducting a deep interdiction strike in an area full of SAMs, and well within their WEZ too. I never got fired upon because they were too busy spamming their missiles against the invulnerable F-15Es, but in the end it doesn't make that much sense as a deep interdiction strike, since in a less ad hoc situation the mission would surely fail with that amount of IADS in place. Maybe remove the SAMs or replace them with AAA?

Still, nice easy mission after SEAD tasking, great work!

One thing I would like regarding the formation flying mission is a way to either :

- make the break above the airfield and land one at a time

- land "in formation"

That would be fun :) (but the behavior of AI aircraft might prevent that...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]