Another Black Shark Pit project

BaD CrC

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this overview picture of a ka 50 cockpit. It shows a very unusual cockpit for us (Datalink below weapon management panel, APU temp on the overhead, position light switch in the middle of the overhead,...) and also that my pit right panel is way too long.

KA 50 real cockpit overview

Hello BaD CrC

Can you please explane how you set up rotary switchs? or pots?or what?, for example the shkval brightness knob, in your pit?

Does your Abris selector knob have the push function working?

I am building a KA 50 pit and need some help please, thanks Mark.

Home built X-58FTW,i7 950, 3 x GTX570oc,

screens; 3 x 22", 19", 17", 9" :D

My pit. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=121598

Just amazingly impressive.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello BaD CrC

Can you please explane how you set up rotary switchs? or pots?or what?, for example the shkval brightness knob, in your pit?

Does your Abris selector knob have the push function working?

I am building a KA 50 pit and need some help please, thanks Mark.

Hello Acemark.

Sorry I missed your post. Yes, all the rotaries are working, including the push function of the ABRIS one, assuming there's a shortcut associated with CW and CCW rotation in game. I am actually using encoders that you can find along with Leo Bodnard BU0836X USB card here:

http://Http://www.leobodnard.com/products/BU0836X/

I am using rotary encoder CTS288 model 288T232R161A2 and the 288V232R161B2 for the one with integrated push switch.

Those encoders are connectected on a BU0836X card. They generate 16 detents per rotation (like pressing a button 16 times for each rotation). Depending on wether you are turning CW or CCW, the "button" push is different. So you can easily tells to the game which shortcut shall be associated with a given detent.

It's a straitforward implementation and it works very well (you can check for example when I am playing with SHKVAL light and contrast on some of my videos on youtube). There are some drawbacks though: first the game cannot tell which initial state the encoder is when you launch it. So you have to set them in the correct initial position before un-pausing BS. Second drawback is that some of the functions activated by a rotary in BS have only a CW shortcut and no CCW shortcut.

If you want something better, you have to go through software like SIOC and rotary switches. It's just a bit more complicated.

Yes, and that's exactly why I chose XPadder. Otherwise, everything should have been made with momentary switches, and that's not what we want. Xpadder accepts conditions such as 'on key pressed' and 'on key release' hence is capable of generating whatever complex shortcuts (you know the type of shortcuts like LSHIFT+RALT+RCTRL+&) with these conditions. Absolutely vital when you want flipping up switch to turn ON something, then flipping down the same switch to turn OFF something.

Too bad these conditions are not available in game.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I really love your work! :thumbup:

Imho your SharkPit deserves some big screen projection, which should add a much more immersion. Have you thought about that?

• 1 month later...

Your sharkpit is awesome!! I'm planning on building me one only i'm down scaling it. Don't have the room. I read through this whole forum and you answered alot of questions I had. Thank you for sharing your build. I'm building the right panel and was wondering how you got the screen to work on the PVI-800?

• 5 years later...

Hi Bad CrC, could you and anyone else please direct me to a post that describes how to do the following.

I am trying to use a physical led push button work for the Altitude hold push button in black shark. I have attached the button with Leo Bodnar BUX0836X board. The button itself is working, but I dont know how to make the LED work as well. The push button has four poles at the back, two are for +5v and GND, the other seem to be for the led light. The first two are attached with the board, thus working, I do not know where to attach the wiring for the LED poles - & +.

Please advise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

OMG ! You did this ! I was just thinking about doing the ABRIS and PVI-800 in one box, and just the buttons. I fly in VR so it would be great to have those buttons available "on the feel" and I don't have use for the displays.

So I might have a lot of questions for you shortly ! :)

• 2 years later...