Upcoming ModMan 7.1 - Adding new skin automatically - skin artist please read

Skypat

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, when I install the db_countries 'mod' no problem. When I then go to install a skin, the skin installs, it uses the 'mod' db_countries, but the list of mods shows the db_countries mod as uninstall??

If all I want to do is use MODMAN to insert a custom file and use that as it's default, what mod type should I be selecting?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need help with MODMAN last version and Windows7 64 Bits. I´m trying to install but I only get that ModMan or FC will not run properly because they are installed in Program Files Root. Install in a different Root. What can I do?

Many thx

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

I need help with MODMAN last version and Windows7 64 Bits. I´m trying to install but I only get that ModMan or FC will not run properly because they are installed in Program Files Root. Install in a different Root. What can I do?

Many thx

Install it in a folder other than Program Files. For example, I place all my games in C:\Games\, and so I have Modman installed in C:\Games\ModMan.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed some skins. Then I uninstalled them.

Now, when I try to install them again I get this error message:

"A skin with this ID #{F525AE31-31B2-41a1-A466-73FC7B8C6BEE} is already installed, uninstall it first"

So, it seems that ModMan did not totally uninstall them. Is this a bug? How do I uninstall it? Where are the files that I need to edit?

Thanks,

Snack

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Hi Snack,

OK Lets help. First off do you see the texture/skin shown up as green when you open MODMAN ? (Pic 1)

All Installed OK

installedp.jpg

Now un-install and they should go red

uninstalled.jpg

The files are all in one folder within modman called "addons_dcs" ie C:/ModMan/addons_dcs you should see the texture you are installing in there. You can delete the file from here if you wish and it won't show up in ModMan. Now once you have deleted it with in ModMan it does what it says deletes it from the system completely so make sure you do a back up. Timm

modman.jpg

• Like 1

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. It comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Thanks for your help Timm. +1 Rep for helping! :thumbup:

Yes, I understand all that you have said. I have been using Modman since my Lockon Days. I did Uninstall All of the Mods that ModMan had installed using ModMans 'Uninstall All' button. But I think ModMan has a bug. It does not undo all that it did. After I did this, ModMan had all of the Mods marked Red. But when I selected one skin to install again, it gave me that GUID error. So, I manually looked in the Ka-50\Scripts\Database\helicopters\Ka-50.lua file and yes, all of those mod skins are still listed in there with their GUIDs. So, I wil get this error every time. Seems like a bug to me maybe? Or maybe incompatible skin mods?

So, I restored that Ka-50.lau file and the Ka-50.skins and the countries file after I uninstalled all of that stuff. Hope that fixes things. I will have to look into fixing some of those skins so they create their own skin instead of overwriting stock skins.

I know Lockon pretty well, but still have a lot to learn about BS. I don't see anyway to select your Payload and Skin except in the editor. So, I cannot pick a skin and loadout when just starting a single or multiplayer mission? I need to RTFM I guess! :D

Snack

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Request:

Skypat, pls add support for LOFC to add skins for Su-25T, F15, and other objects which supports custom skins.

TIA!

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

I think my problem was not a bug in Modman at all. I think it had something to do with that digital Ka-50 skin that replaced some files, overwriting the other skins info. Then when ModMan went to uninstall those other skins it did'nt see the data to remove from the files or something. Not totally sure, but probably a problem with that one skin mod and my not knowing what it was doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Great program Skypat, but I need small help.

I have added 5 new skins including the sample one, as well as External cockpit lights, and they all installed in modman, haven't looked in game yet, but one skin was converted, that being the ny2009 skin from ED.

That converted file, do you just get the new file in \converted\ and copy it over the one in addons_dcs, or isn't it useable. I forgot I had put that skin in the game while I was sorting out other problems I was having, and hope I haven't messed up everything because of one skin.

Thanks for your help.

Different problem now

Hi Skypat,

I get an error message ".../Scripts/Database/db_countries.lua/48: unexpected symbol near ','

This happened last night too, so I uninstalled all the mods, and was going to contact you about it, but I couldn't remember the message so I reinstalled the "external cockpit lights" mod, and tried running it to get the error

message, but it ran fine. This happens when launching with Modman, DCSmax and the desktop icon. So I reinstalled some more of the skins one by one, and tested to see if game launched OK, which they did. Then this morning installed 2 more skins and the error has reappeared. Searched site for similar problems, but none found.

Will try uninstalling again later and see if it corrects itself again or not.

Is this a bug? How to fix it. Modman is installed to c:\Modman, and DCS BS is installed to ...C:\program files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\

Thanks for your help.

Think I found the culprit....

Testing skins, I found that sharkster64's "Canadian TRN" skin was causing the above error, it was also the one that required the Slovakian skin to work (which I had installed), Uninstalled "Canadian TRN" and it all worked again.

Thanks for your help.

• 5 weeks later...

This thread needs to be stickied or a link put in the list of mods that is stickied, as folks talk about "ModMan compatible" mods, but it took a while to find this thread which *has* info about ModMan itself and not just things that need it.

I agree! this needs to be in it's own manual for DCS

I think the pdf manual is awesome and have printed it all out into a binder now!

Great job Skypat. I just have one question about how much can one add too or change the respective layers in the PSD files.

how much if at all will this effect the outcome of such things as damage visuals and the like. I would think that layers can be added but I thought I would ask the expert.

That's the only thing in your PDF that you did not touch on much was how much one can change the overall layers or add to them. I know the PSD template files are all flattened at the end anyway. but is there a size limit?

Or do they effect other things at some point for damage rendering and effects?

Like if someone wanted all chrome linkage or some silly thing like that!....LOL

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

There is a problem with updating ModMan to version 7.2.0.0. When I click that yellow bottom banner, the new browser window shows up, but then it closes itself immediatelly, so I'm unable to download.

Running Win7 x64 and Internet Explorer 8. UAC and antivirus are disabled.

PS. May I get a direct link to the latest version please? (can't find it on checksix-fr.com).

PS.2 Nvm, found it here: http://forum.virtualthunderbirds.com/viewtopic.php?t=3353&sid=86155627621e603b6ed028676dd9831a

Edited by funkee

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have a problem with modman after installing the patch 1.0.2

I'm using Modman 7.2.0.0

I uninstalled all mods before I uninstalled Modman and BS 1.0.1c.

I installed BS 1.0 and BS 1.0.2. (C:\GAMES\DCS\BlackShark\)

Then I installed Modman 7.2.0.0 and startet it.

Modman asked me about the BS-path. I choose the patch but modman closed. Seems like modman don't want the new folder structures?