Development update May 2016

Hey Guys,

Welcome to the May update.

Firstly please let me thank you all for the feedback you have given on the Hawk EFM Patch.

This was a significant patch that is now out in 1.5.3 OpenBeta, 1.5.3 OB Steam and 2.0.2 OpenAlpha.

We are listening to your feedback and reported bugs and are making a list of things to look at.

Right now we have a High, Medium and Low list and the bugs reported are categorised based on priority.

The biggest one we have been working on is the falling out of the sky issue. We have posted a potential fix today for 1.5.3 OB users and have uploaded the files to ED for 1.5.3 and 2.0.2 next patches.

This has obviously been the top priority to get the fix working and out to you.

The remainder of the items highlighted are being looked at in the coming days/weeks so keep an eye on the patch notes during the next updates from ED.

This was a significant patch from the old SFM version that's been out a while with a lot of updated working items. If you think stuff still isn't working quite right or you're not quite sure how/when something is working then please let us know in the Bugs forum section.

Any question is a good question, there are no dumb questions around here.

If you have the time and would like to become a VEAO tester to try things out before they are released then please drop me a line and we can get you on our dedicated testing team which helps to highlight bugs with updated DCS release before they go public.

Next week is a big week for our military side of the business with the ITEC show in London.

And I am proud to announce that we have set up a joint venture company called Porrima Simulations with our partner company Eventuality.

We have been working with the team at Eventuality for a lot of promotional events for Breitling, the RAF and many others.

The Porrima JV has been set up to facilitate this side of the business so if you see our logo around with Porrima you know it's us.

P-40F

With the release of the Hawk EFM patch this meant that some of the team could go back to P-40F which is our next priority to get out to you.

A lot of the features and bug fixes we encountered in Hawk has put us in good stead for the P-40 and future aircraft; things like radios, EFM issues, Etc.

I've read a lot of comments about wasting time on Hawk and to concentrate on P-40; however as I've just said these issues would have come up on P-40 as well so it's good we get them sorted before the module is released.

Right now the team are busy on getting the lower priority items ready like missions, encyclopedia, desktop graphics and the like.

Other Aircraft

Work is ploughing ahead on the Spitfire, Wildcat, Vampire, Meteor and of course Typhoon.

There are all in various stages of development and Pete has been posting some updated pics on our Facebook page so keep an eye out over there and subscribe.

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simulations-130582376992838/

Towards the end of the month when we're back from ITEC I'll post a more comprehensive update.

Keep an eye out for the patches from ED, post bugs and questions and again thank you from the team for reporting and querying issues.

Chris and the team.

Thanks for the update , news is always welcome.

Looking forward to the P40!

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Nice update gents! Good luck on the joint venture! Hope to see the Warhawk sorted soon.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

There are all in various stages of development and Pete has been posting some updated pics on our Facebook page so keep an eye out over there and subscribe.

https://www.facebook.com/VEAO-Simulations-130582376992838/

Can we get the same updates outside of "facebook", since your user-base/customers hang around the DCS forum, looking for info? Not everyone considers facebook as a source for anything, really. What about the offcial VEAO web page? Thanks. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Can we get the same updates outside of "facebook", since your user-base/customers hang around the DCS forum, looking for info? Not everyone considers facebook as a source for anything, really. What about the offcial VEAO web page? Thanks. :thumbup:

+1

I don't do Facebook for personal reasons.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I would like to be able to takeoff in the hawk, thats my wish. Can this be fixed? Whatever happens I am stuck to ground.

Recent activity leads to info that it has been fixed in the 1.5.3 open beta, so hopefully it will soon follow for 1.5.3 and 2.0.2 open alpha.

Thanks for the update.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I would like to be able to takeoff in the hawk, thats my wish. Can this be fixed? Whatever happens I am stuck to ground.

I'd be curious to know if the nature of this bug would make it strictly a Hawk bug or something that could affect other aircraft. I have had the same thing happen from time to time in the Su-33 and it is very frustrating. If I airstart I can be at full AB and fall out of the sky. If I'm on a carrier I'm stuff in place, and if on the ground I can barely do better than taxi speeds.

Other times it's perfectly fine. I don't know what is being seen with the Hawk, but your comment makes me feel it might be similar or the same.

We have had reports that it's happening on other aircraft as well.

So far we haven't been able to pinpoint it to a specific thing or computer system.

Many thanks to all for applications for VEAO tester. I'll get back to you all after the ITEC show next week.

Thanks,

Chris.

Looking forward to the update pictures Chris.

Just took a look at the Vampire model you posted on FB and have to say it looks very well modelled, can't wait for it.

Wish all the best to VEAO.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD