The biggest HAWK T-1 Formation on VA Server 2016

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good! and never to many aircraft, well, until Mr lag comes knocking.. But anyways, More a/c = more formation variations! Keep it up!

Thanks Shahdoh...yeah that lag man the formation killer lol btw: I s there's a chance that you guys changing the server time to 10am or even 12pm? So we can have more light? Our fav server keep it up guys :thumbup:

Yeah, been working hard to reduce the freezing lags on the server. Have you seen any improvement over previous days/weeks? Evening European times are the busiest and where we see the worst problems.

Next map update will be when the DCS releases the next live patch, have added some more Hawks.

Do you really find that time of morning to dark to fly formation? Many love that time of day so not going to change it just yet.

/Salute

Yeah, been working hard to reduce the freezing lags on the server. Have you seen any improvement over previous days/weeks? Evening European times are the busiest and where we see the worst problems.

Next map update will be when the DCS releases the next live patch, have added some more Hawks.

Do you really find that time of morning to dark to fly formation? Many love that time of day so not going to change it just yet.

/Salute

Yes it's too dark. If you guys will change it from 9am to 12 or 1pm will much better. Just a suggestion. you guys wanna give it a try one time? To see how it's looks? Thanks in advance

A suggestion, now that you have several hawks basically in formation you might want to work on positioning. Although some of this will come when you feel more comfortable flying in formation it is useful to make a point of this and aim for this from the start. I've noticed that wing pilots who don't have much experience with formation flying and aerobatics seem to have this habit of taking their position by aligning their crosshairs (or center of the aircraft) with the wingtip of the leader. This is particularly noticeable on the left wing pilots in these pictures. It makes me think that some wing pilots are flying looking forwards rather than to the side haha. Anyway the wings should barely overlap with the leader, at the moment if both left and right wings are in position they would touch wing tips. With time and practice this will be easier but you should aim to have your nose basically in line with the leader's wingtips. (this second bit will be harder to begin with) It will also help with lag.

If you google some pictures of the red arrows you will understand what I mean by the spacing but I thought I'd let you know.

Anyway well done nonetheless, hopefully I can join you soon when I have fixed my rudder pedals.

Edited by F22-Raptor-2006

Gents, I'll join you when I'm back home next week to give you some formation tips.

I ran the Virtual Red Arrows for several years and was the Formation Instructor in the 74th VFS.

In the VRA we flew tight formation practice for 9 hours plus per week.

Plus I know my jet ;)

Yes I have accurate position references.

All right Ells you are accepted! :megalol:

Please stream or record the session thanks :smartass:

Win 8.1, I7 4770K 4.5ghz watercooled, 240gb SSD in Raid 0, 16GB DDR3-2400, EVGA GTX780 watercooled, LG 29EA73-P (2560x1080)

Cobra M5 *modded by BRD*, CH Pro Throttle, Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR5 Pro + Delanclip, Bose QC 15, TM Cougar MFD's

300/30 mbps

Just got your PM.

I'll reply later as its my girlfriends birthday today so I'm on duty all day lol

I'm going to give you the EFM version to try out which will help handling and aerobatics way better than the SFM which has its limits.

Be in touch later,

Chris.

Some inspiration for you guys ;)

https://youtu.be/Dv0Y7yLxoWs

Me flying RED8 live in front of about 40 people behind me and 600+ the other side of the Hind watching on a 60ft big screen at FSC Weston.

To the right of me was a big dome screen with someone sitting in my back seat during the display.

Nerve racking but good fun :)

And video of the cockpit view.

https://youtu.be/nBb2KgusN_E

Ells this is an awesome vid loved the gloves :pilotfly:

Was the simulator DCS or some other piece of software Ells?

Also, is the hawk that generous when pulling and pushing the throttle like that?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo