Serious Issue-->Keyboard Controls

theox

Started making up a profile for my Saitek X45 and entered the pit to test it out. Everything seemed good until I lost some functionality of my keyboard. It was acting as though I had a key pressed, when I did not. I even exited the game, removed the profile and rentered the cockpit through ALT-TAB and it still malfunctioned.

My profile does not have any setting that would repeat keystrokes indefinitely.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. A friend of mine has the same issue with his X52.

I think we've narrowed it down to the autohover command being bound to the joystick. For some reason this command screws up our keyboard when bound using the Saitek SST software.

Edit: Scratch that, just had a keyboard error while using Shkval controls. I lose my Esc, Pause, F1 and F2 keys. At least thats what I keep trying to press. Also, I mapped my Fire D button to RCtrl + I, but instead of centering the Shkval, I get a "C" designation on the Shkval and the HUD without the intended event of centering the Shkval.

Unfortunately, this game is unplayable until either:

a) this issue is resolved allowing me to create a profile and use it ingame without losing joystick/keyboard functionality

b) someone uploads a working X45 profile that doesnt FUBAR my input devices.

This game's learning curve is hard enough without having to navigate this! :)

Edited by theox

just assign the commands in the ingame-menu, works like a dream, no problems.

if you want to use the pinky-switch on the x-52, you have to create a empty profile and in this profile, delete all the shiftet modes! by doing so, the pinky-switch will be "given free" as a directX button by the SST, so you can define that switch inside BS as a shift/pinky-button.

important: delete ALL the funcions you don't need/want on the joystick! by default, there are many buttons automatically mapped to different buttons. if you load a profile with some of these buttons assigned, the sofware can get confused...

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

Theox, what you are seeing is what I see when I alt-tab. I have auto-hover mapped to my x52, but it does not cause the problem.

So maybe it is something connected with my SST software also?

I will look into this though, because I also have TIR problem where center and pause no longer work. I found that if i go into TIR software and try and remap keys during this, I get Ctrl+F9 instead of F9 and Ctrl+F12 instead of F12. So maybe a CTRL key is being stuck by TIR software.

Edited by =Prophet=

Well, I'm running TIR, but my friend who also has the game is not and hes having the same issue with his X52 (I have an X45). I's love to map in the ingame settings menu, but that would negate the mode switching feature that led me to buy a Saitek joystick in the first place. Not to mention that it doesnt seem to want to recognize my throttle mouse.

It's the saitek software

I had problems galore when I install the Saitek software and x52 drivers. I was getting ctd and errors. I uninstalled the Saitek software and drivers, plugged in the controllers and set them up as best I could in the sim with just USB and I can fly all day now without a hick-up or glitzch of anykind.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals