napalm in the morning

those were actually Phillipine flown F5A( repainted to have USAF markings) that were used in the filming of Apocalypse now , not the F5E. You can also tell its F5A not the E model due to the wingtip tanks. you can also tell by the shorter nose.

https://warisboring.com/the-philippines-is-building-a-startup-air-force-481f02939aac#.byqx4vrzn

there fore should not be posted in the F5E tiger 2 thread :smartass:

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

those were actually Phillipine flown F5A( repainted to have USAF markings) that were used in the filming of Apocalypse now , not the F5E. You can also tell its F5A not the E model due to the wingtip tanks. you can also tell by the shorter nose.

https://warisboring.com/the-philippi...aac#.byqx4vrzn

there fore should not be posted in the F5E tiger 2 thread smartass.gif

Thanks, Buzz Killington.

• ED Team

I would love to be wrong, but I am pretty sure we will never get napalm.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

https://warisboring.com/the-philippines-is-building-a-startup-air-force-481f02939aac#.byqx4vrzn

when I went to the forums after a hailbomb for 12 hours and we didn't find not one stinkin moderator body, the smell, you know that gasoline smell? The whole forum..................smells like.........victory..........one day these modules are gonna be done.

Edited by Coyote Duster
  • Like 1

AAWWW kev2go..Dont be so anal about the specifics..Glow with the flow mannnn..

lel, ok fine its still technically part of the F5 family of aircraft, il give ya that. fair enough.

however yes i too wish we had napalm or other similar incediaris in DCS

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

TBH, all this showed me was we need a MD500 in DCS, like yesterday...

It would be fun to have the Vietnam era OH-6. This would allow you to team up with Huey gunships and recreate the Pink Teams. Loaches would draw fire, Huey's would kill the attacker. Had to a bunch of crazy Loach drivers back then.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

when I went to the forums after a hailbomb for 12 hours and we didn't find not one stinkin moderator body, the smell, you know that gasoline smell? The whole forum..................smells like.........victory..........one day these modules are gonna be done.

Quote of the Year! :megalol:

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:D

I would love to be wrong, but I am pretty sure we will never get napalm.
Why so?
Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

• ED Team

Just a feeling, nothing more.

Like I said I hope I am wrong, having all period weapons would be great.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just a feeling, nothing more.

Like I said I hope I am wrong, having all period weapons would be great.

Straight of Hormuz map begs for foul play, and the battle of Iwo Jima (Leatherneck map I believe) saw the use of napalm ~

On the other hand:

Has its use been banned anywhere?

Its use against “concentrations of civilians” has been banned under Protocol III of the 1980 United Nations Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons. There are at present 106 states parties to the Protocol.

The United States signed it almost three decades after the General Assembly adopted it, on January 21, 2009: President Barack Obama’s first full day in office. America’s ratification, however, is subject to a diplomatic reservation that says it can disregard the treaty at its discretion if doing so would save civilian lives.

Edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille

The F-5E used even the GAU-12/U, but I don't think the version that used it, is the version we are getting in DCS. :(

I would do disgusting things to have that simulated, along with Mavericks.

It would be like a speedy Warthog Lite!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Zilch79's YouTube Channel:

The F-5E used even the GAU-12/U, but I don't think the version that used it, is the version we are getting in DCS. :(

What F-5E could carry the Gau-12?

And was it in pod form?

I know of the F-5Es that can carry the GPU-5/A Gunpod

(that is armed with the Gau-13 Rotary cannon which is a shorter 4 barreled variant of the Gau-8 )

here is a picture of the GPU-5/A pod on a F-5.

f_5e__71_1418__carrying_a_gpu_5_a_30mm_gunpod_by_fighterman35-da39dzt.jpg

(Its the same pod that was used in a trail by a few National Guard F-16s during the Gulf war to see if F-16s armed with such pods could replace A-10s in the CAS role)

It should still be in use on the Thai F-5Es.

But ive never heard of the Gau-12 being used on F-5Es =P.

Edited by mattebubben

What F-5E could carry the Gau-12?

And was it in pod form?

I know of the F-5Es that can carry the GPU-5/A Gunpod

(that is armed with the Gau-13 Rotary cannon which is a shorter 4 barreled variant of the Gau-8)

here is a picture of the GPU-5/A pod on a F-5.

f_5e__71_1418__carrying_a_gpu_5_a_30mm_gunpod_by_fighterman35-da39dzt.jpg

(Its the same pod that was used in a trail by a few National Guard F-16s during the Gulf war to see if F-16s armed with such pods could replace A-10s in the CAS role)

It should still be in use on the Thai F-5Es.

But ive never heard of the Gau-12 being used on F-5Es =P.

He probably meant the GAU-13/A, which is also the GPU-5/A Gun pod.

AFAIK the GAU-12/U is only used by the Harrier.

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah, GAU-13, I confused because I watched two documentaries about GAU-12 and 13 in a row. Sorry for that. However, it's the same ammo, PGU-14/13, it would do a lot of damage on many MBTs and armored vehicles in DCS. It would be a GAU-8s brother!

Those were the A-16s, very interesting aircraft.

Edited by Vitormouraa

I bet you never get invited to parties!

Yeah, GAU-13, I confused because I watched two documentaries about GAU-12 and 13 in a row. Sorry for that. However, it's the same ammo, PGU-14/13, it would do a lot of damage on many MBTs and armored vehicles in DCS. It would be a GAU-8s brother!

Those were the A-16s, very interesting aircraft.

Well not as far as i know.

The F-16s that carried those gunpods in the gulf war were National Guard F-16A Block 10s.

(the ones that carried the Gunpod were often called F/A 16)

the A-16 was a seperate "F-16" variant but it never reached production (they decided to keep the A-10 instead)

Here is a Article about the F-16 Cas Project as a whole.

Including talk about the Gunpod.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-16-gun-pod-that-tried-to-shoot-down-the-a-10-wart-1597577525

Well not as far as i know.

The F-16s that carried those gunpods in the gulf war were National Guard F-16A Block 10s.

(the ones that carried the Gunpod were often called F/A 16)

the A-16 was a seperate "F-16" variant but it never reached production (they decided to keep the A-10 instead)

Here is a Article about the F-16 Cas Project as a whole.

Including talk about the Gunpod.

http://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/the-f-16-gun-pod-that-tried-to-shoot-down-the-a-10-wart-1597577525

http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article18.html

Take a look - F-16A, F/A-16A, A-16.