SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

The thing is, while afterburner effect is showing in activity log, the text in Misc Settings of the Sound Module (text reading: "While continuous shudders, other effects volume is ..." etc) is flashing, text is changing color from black to red on and off. What could be causing this? I mean could this be due to some bug?
That's not a bug, but a feature. To prevent severe BK clipping, when, for instance, you afterburn engine and fire gun simultaniously. Red color means that volume is reduced.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Alright, but I think this red text flashing is happening even when I don't have afterburners on, meaning only 1 effect is played. in that case volume should not be reduced.

PS: did I mention this red text flashing is happening even when I play/test the sound effects, not in game at all... it should not be doing this then, right?

No longer active in DCS...

I received the KW-908 yesterday. Very fast delivery! I directly installed it, downloaded the needed programs to run it and then launched a DCS World session through VR.

At the first try, the system did not work. I killed the program and re-launched it. I set all the sliders at 100% instead of 50, checked the 'experience G's' checkbox and tried again. That time, it worked.

After an hour in the A-10C, startup, flight, GAU8 shoot, aggressive low altitude maneuvering and landing, this is what I can say about the product: :thumbsup::thumbsup::clap_2::clap_2::punk::punk: :pilotfly:

OK, more specifically, it enhance vastly the gaming experience. It adds great immersion. I had the feeling of being IN the aircraft even more than before. Of course you don't 'feel the G's' but the effect given convince me. It adds a lot of immersion. So, Thank you =Andre=!

There is only one little downside: I have a 'playstore Airforce' chair.

There are 3 belts on the KW-908 to fix it to the chair. The one on the middle (at the hips level) is too short for the chair. It lacks 4 or 5 cm to be effective. (the cord barely touch the plastic 'hook')

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Andrey I have sorted out my issue. It has to do something with front panel setting option in Realtek sound driver which is somewhat hidden, and its the damnest thing how this made SimShaker effects messed up :noexpression:

attachment.php?attachmentid=147249&stc=1&d=1472343950

First thing I did this morning was to uninstall and reinstall my main 5.1 speakers driver and then on-board sound driver which I use for ButtKicker. After reinstalling them I still had same issue, some effects would just not play.

Then looking into every option I could find I finally stumble upon this option in screenshot and remember long while back when I had issues I had to change this option to AC97 Front Panel (even though I don't use front panel connector, and this is by default set to HD Audio front panel), so I did and voala, ButtKicker played all sounds properly this time.

But now my main speakers did not have any sound in them :doh: I tried changing this option back to HD Audio Front Panel but still no sound in main speakers. What the hell? :huh: Then I went to try playing with sound driver settings for that sound card and changing sound mode from Game to Entertainment Mode, re-selecting 5.1 speaker setting and I finally got the sound in main speakers back.

So basically the ButtKicker sound driver has now exactly the same option as before when I had SimShaker sounds have issues, but now it works fine and before it didn't... man these PC are bloody weird... but at least I got it working now.

So it was not your SimShaker or Sound Module bug, it was some conflict between 3 sound cards I have in my system.

Thank you for your help, you are always very approachable and helpful, you deserve some sort of award :D

1154406644_RealtekHDAudioManageroptions.png.4068629dcb2b01a155ef1bb36a2e08c4.png

So basically the ButtKicker sound driver has now exactly the same option as before when I had SimShaker sounds have issues, but now it works fine and before it didn't... man these PC are bloody weird... but at least I got it working now.

So it was not your SimShaker or Sound Module bug, it was some conflict between 3 sound cards I have in my system.

Thank you for your help, you are always very approachable and helpful, you deserve some sort of award :D

Crazy world :)

I wonder what about red flashing?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just wanted to chime in here. Ever since the last update I have no gun effects. I have some effects like AoA and chaff/flare but not any others I noticed. Using buttkicker.

Please check at what state is 'unlimited weapon' in DCS World options.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crazy world :)

I wonder what about red flashing?

red text flashing is still there, but I don't care about that as long as it works. :thumbup:

I have a question though, some files which are short in duration, for example, the Engine Afterburner, when the effect is playing (when I have afterburner on), the effect is not continuous, as in... every time the sound is played, there is shot delay till its played again.

For example... my afterburner effect is like this:

shake......shake......shake......shake.......etc

but I think it should be like this:

shakeshakeshakeshake...

I hope you understand what I mean.The effect is played like there are pauses in between every sound play instance. Is this how its working on your end also and how its coded, or do I have some other issue with this also?

On my end I don't. I modified the afterburner sound to be longer duration (something like 10sec) and I can clearly hear/feel when one stops and another starts again.

Is there some setting I can change to reduce this.. or check something on my end if its working correctly or not?

Edited by Kuky

On my end I don't. I modified the afterburner sound to be longer duration (something like 10sec) and I can clearly hear/feel when one stops and another starts again.

I agree. Since there is a high contrast between 10 sec long sounds and the short pauses I can feel it clearly too. For instance, if I set to play for 3 times our 7 seconds long adjusting test sound.

But if sounds and pauses are about the same duration I feel it as almost constant vibration.

Is there some setting I can change to reduce this.. or check something on my end if its working correctly or not?

Having in mind that strange red flashing, I could suggest some perfomance issue.

What if you set high priority to Sound Module process via Task Manager?

And we could do a sort of benchmarking using Sound Module Log to Screen content and a DCS track.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have little more info for you:

When I fly twin engine aircraft (F-15C) and I am in afterburner, the sound effect is pretty continuous, I can't feel any pauses between sounds being player repeatedly.

With single engine aircraft (MiG-21bis) I get these pauses.

Could it be that because twin engines produce 2 sounds played simultaniously that they overlap each other, while with 1 enigne there is only 1 sound, so there are pauses between each sound in played?

One more thing I just noticed also. I have stall effect set at 50% but when in game the log shows this effect being played at 65% volume. When I set it to 40%, its played at 52% volume. Is there a bug with sound volume for Stall Shudder (Long sample) File+p1_9_0_2.wav?

Could it be that because twin engines produce 2 sounds played simultaniously that they overlap each other, while with 1 enigne there is only 1 sound, so there are pauses between each sound in played?

Yes, I think yor are right.

One more thing I just noticed also. I have stall effect set at 50% but when in game the log shows this effect being played at 65% volume. When I set it to 40%, its played at 52% volume. Is there a bug with sound volume for Stall Shudder (Long sample) File+p1_9_0_2.wav?
Actally the inner logic takes into account AoA degree as well. Hence, I thinks that's normal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried setting priority for sound module to Real Time and it made no difference. red text flashing was still there and pause between sounds are same also.

Thanks for the explanation about stall effect, I thought something is messed up with this effect... good to know how it works.

I wonder now what happens if I fly twin engine with 1 engine only, will the pauses be there also... :) I need to eat something first now, then playing bit more with this.

EDIT: yup, I was right, with F-15C when I shut down one engine and kick into afterburner I get the same time gap every time when sound file is being repeated

Edited by Kuky

Did you update to the latest version? What transducer and settings are you using? I'm using a Basspump III with additioninal 100g attached to it...

On my side it is now very smooth at least in combination with the jetseat. Can someone else verify this behavior?

I still not understand why this should be a gamebreaker? :cry:

Ok my Simshaker version is 1.0.0.31 and i tested the A-10 GAU with Low/Highpass filter on and off and with buttkicker's frequenzy setting from 30Hz to full range. The result is always the same: Simshaker produces a fluctuating output instead of an expected permanent low frequent "brrrrrrrrrrrt". This makes no fun because it feels very unnatural. With this high fire rate there should be not this strong feelable "gaps" when firing the gun.

I really hope Andre has a solution for this because Simshaker has no value for me if the A-10's gun feel like that.

P.S. I have tested too with my second set of Buttkicker Gamer2, to check that there is no hardware issue with my transducer or amp.

Regards,

Terrorvogel

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

Current version is 1.1.1.42

https://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/2016/08/simshaker-for-dcs-world-and-falcon-bms_28.html

We preparing further improvement of A-10C gun effect.

I have noted that there are two version numbers at the same time? Which one is the active one now?

If i´m already on 1.1.1.42 the GAU issue is still persisting. What i also noted is when firing the KA-50´s gun, there is no difference in rumble speed between firering in low/high rate.

Something seems really wrong here...

8afff5-1472531740.jpg

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

1.1.1.42 is a version of SimShaker

1.0.0.31 is a version of Sound Module.

Ka-50 gun firing will be tested soon, thank you.

We understand the problem and are working on Sound Module further improvement, Terrorvogel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hiya Andre

re.P-51 & simshake

I'm all setup again ( after reinstalled on new hard drive so a month break ) thanks but a lot of the cool effects are not working :

gear up/down and wheels on landing etc

wind drag on flaps

these were some of the very best effects, any idea how to quickly get them back ???

I have noted that there are two version numbers at the same time? Which one is the active one now?

If i´m already on 1.1.1.42 the GAU issue is still persisting. What i also noted is when firing the KA-50´s gun, there is no difference in rumble speed between firering in low/high rate.

Something seems really wrong here...

Hi Terrorvogel,

thank you for the feedback.

I hope you will find some improvement for A-10C gun effect in published SimShaker version 1.1.1.44.

What i also noted is when firing the KA-50´s gun, there is no difference in rumble speed between firering in low/high rate.
I can confirm the issue, but it's not fixed yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]