Respawn group as a random plane

predattak

Hello, i need some help with MIST, I want to make a group to respawn when killed as another random plane so for example if the original plane was a MiG-29 when killed i want it to have an x chance to respawn as something else let's say an Su-27.

I want to do this because i need to randomize my coop missions ..we are getting bored to know what enemy is coming at us.

I know you can do this with the normal editor but i want MIST because i need that unit to respawn forever and to do that with normal scripts you must fill the map with tons of groups that make lag and stuff for ppl.. you know..

If you are a good man and want to help please paste me an example because i'm a MIST noob :) Thank you for understanding:)

No Mist expert.

Suggestion:

In your mission.

Create one plane type you want (mig29). create its waypoint, tasking and all that.

once done. Name it.

Copy/paste that plane group setup.

Change the plane to su-27. Make sure it's got the same waypoint/brief you need.

Each flight needs to be LateActivate.

Now in triggers, Asign each "groupActivate" as a different Flag Value. (ex: 2-1 to 2-6).

make a randomized Flag event (flag 2-1 to 2-6).

Now create a spawn event for each Flight group (mig29, su-27...) through the various Flag/Values.

Flag 2-1= Groupactivate Mig29

Flag 2-2= Groupactivate Su-27

Flag 2-3= Groupactivate Tornadowhatever

Flag 2-4...

Now, you can copy/paste that whole sequence, and create a "second wave" as Flag 3-1 to 6.

Then another one, flag 4, flag 5... and so on.

Now, to finish this. For each group that dies from a flag, you make a OnDeathCondition to change the Flag up 1, and re-randomize.

So when flag2-1(mig29) dies.

Your condition is now Flag3 (with a randomized value 1-6).

Flag 3-1= Groupactivate Mig29

Flag 3-2= Groupactivate Su-27

Flag 3-3= Groupactivate Tornadowhatever

Flag 3-4...

once your Flag3 flight dies.

Your condition is now Flag4.... and so on.

You could make something like 999 Spawn cycles like this. If you want/are so inclined.

Not done with mist... but hell.

Edited by Thisdale

http://www.youtube.com/konotani

Computer Specs:

Z97X-gaming Mobo

4670k i5

24G DDR3

GTX 1080

Asus PG278Q Rog Swift 27-INCH G-SYNC

Valve Index

Thrustmaster Warthog

Fanatec Clubsport Pedals (used as Rudders)

Thrustmaster T300 Arcantera Wheel

Obutto R3volution rig

Yes , that would work but it it would have to be a ton of groups on the map, like a said that is not good for us so that's why we use MIST to respawn a small number of groups again and again forever. Problem is that that's about the only thing i know how to do in MIST ..simple respawns ..

You either create the amount of late activation groups you want or you start writing lua and templates with the named groups, there's no magic way of randomising without telling the SSE what it can spawn. Making the late activation groups is easier than the templates scripting, thats why you see template groups in scripts like GCICAP.

Yes , that would work but it it would have to be a ton of groups on the map, like a said that is not good for us so that's why we use MIST to respawn a small number of groups again and again forever. Problem is that that's about the only thing i know how to do in MIST ..simple respawns ..

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

If you want random types of planes to be re-spawned, you need to, as mentioned in above post made by Pikey, add your own "group table" and make an lua script.

Say, something like this:

--randomization
acType = math.random(5)
if acType == 1 then vars = { --group data 1}

elseif acType == 2 then vars = { --group data 2}

--…

elseif acType == 5 then vars = { --group data 5}
end

mist.DynAdd(vars)

more of which you can find on http://wiki.hoggit.us/view/DynAdd

But you see.. the problem is that, it's a long lua script to be included in your mission with all those group data tables thingy.

So the other way around is simply make some "template" groups(with task/waypoints) and use mist.respawn(). But no matter which way you choose to go, the process of "randomization" process(deciding what type to be spawned) have to be done by yourself.

If you don't plan to add too many randomized groups, say 3 to 4, you can carry on with the "template group" method. 20-ish or more types of aircraft? Meh. Perhaps should do a long lua with group tables(so that you can do this file in other missions as well), but still quite reasonably to use template, it really depends.

There, somewhere on the forum, is a script that can randomly spawn some A.I. traffic to your mission; it might help.

Nooooooooo

Thank you guys for help ! I will try one of the methods , btw i never asked you guys to do all the scripting, i just asked for a tiny example so i can have something in front of my eyes to rely on (if you just tell me do that and that in scripting language i can't understand much from MIST cuz like i said before i'm a MIST noob)

Thx again :)