Aluminium Joystick/HOTAS table mounts - Monster Tech

meisterolsen

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Received my joystick mount the other day. Very well built. Definitely a quality product.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I also received mine yesterday. Its badass! It completely solves problem of HOTAS placement if you don’t have dedicated cockpit. Also, prior to ordering one, I watched their video about how it is made and calculated how much will it cost to make one myself. Considering that I don’t have any needed instruments and can buy aluminum only in bulk, it would cost me more, that finished mount from MT :(. Only real way to cut price in half, is to use different materials and chinese clamps.

Here's link to several photos of it. I ordered stick and throttle mounts separately, because of 150 EUR customs limit and dumb procedure to do customs clearing. So will add more photos after throttle mount arrives.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0NGWZuqDGHJZcs

Edited by Net-burst

Rig new

Meisterolsen:

I like what u r doing. I have not started my mod of my office chair... I have been working out, rebuilding two sets of Cougars...... one with Miles' sensors... excellent and one with Ian Johnson's gimbals UB2NXT...... excellent........

You had asked me to send you photos when I completed my rig. Well u will be finished long b4 I get mine started...

I like your idea. I would add one capability. My office chair tilts back both the back of the chair and the seat.... making it easier on my low back. Your mounts are rigid at 90degree angle. Is it possible to add mounts to the vertical columns which would allow tilting the stick or tqs platform down or for that matter up ..... out of parallel to ground?

Ok.. two suggestions....... make the side tables or arm rests...... wider to allow placement of a mouse pad on right side and the keyboard on left?

OK three.:<) Secured to the mounting rig is a monitor stand for up to a "40" monitor which said stand would allow the user not only to raise and lower the monitor but to allow user to angle the monitor downward to align with my tilted chair..........

THe monitor stand could be an upgrade and should also be capable of standing alone.......

I like your rudder platform as well.

If you like these ideas feel free to use them.

Also..... you could also design a cheaper system by not using the same mounting system you are showing but instead use steel or heavy gauge aluminum rectangular mounting rails ....... you could predrill the rails to allow easy and secure assembly of the mount tqs mounts and stick mounts as well as the rudder stand.........

If you do this ....... I do not have to build my own:<) Yes I am lazy.... and my health sucks:<) I just had to take 800mg Ibuprofen for pain and auto immune disorder...........now I have to lay down again until it kicks in....... :<) Good to be healthy... as long as I can body build I am satisfied:<)

Roland

This is made with an open builds CNC isn't it?

We do not use CNC at the moment. Our aluminium parts are all watercut and the wood parts lasercut.

Although we are thinking about getting a big CNC mill and do all the work inhouse. Ah maybe next year. ;)

Ok.. two suggestions....... make the side tables or arm rests...... wider to allow placement of a mouse pad on right side and the keyboard on left?

That was always the plan. We already got new armrests in with a smaller cutout and a bit wider.

Secured to the mounting rig is a monitor stand for up to a "40" monitor which said stand would allow the user not only to raise and lower the monitor but to allow user to angle the monitor downward to align with my tilted chair..........

We already make single and triple TV extension. They are connected to the rig. A self standing stand might be very unstable with large TVs mounted on it and I don't want to kill anybody by accident.

I like your idea. I would add one capability. My office chair tilts back both the back of the chair and the seat.... making it easier on my low back. Your mounts are rigid at 90degree angle. Is it possible to add mounts to the vertical columns which would allow tilting the stick or tqs platform down or for that matter up ..... out of parallel to ground?

Pitching to the front and back has multiple problems. (Also for table mounts)

1. We have not found a solution that would be as stable as it is now. Stability always comes first.

2. The table mounts have a security space in front so the joystick does not hit the top of the profile. When pitched to the front this space would get smaller you might hit your hand on the aluminium.

Flight Sim Rig build video: (Warning, cheese acting and weird accents)

Edited by meisterolsen

-

meisterolsen, when you post a video, only include the video ID code, not the whole link, and as normal (black) text, not hyperlink (blue underlined text).

I fixed it above, click Quote to my post, then you can see the code. ;) :)

PS The rig looks really interesting. :)

Edited by Sporg

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thanks! I fixed all the videos.

No problem. Glad to help. :thumbup:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Thank you for response. I watched the video... Excellent design and workmanship. It appears the chair back is capable of tilting back? If I do not move forward and complete my mounting system for my office chair ..... I believe I could make wood angle spacers for the HOTAS mount top plates allowing the tilt back towards the user....without taking the side mounts out of straight up position and attachment.... if I must tilt the back of the chair.

Do you have any plans to offer the rudder mounting system ( rudder mount, bottom parallel bars both below the rudder mounting and back to under the chair? ....With your Rudder mounting system and the side HOTAS and side table mounts without the chair and chair mounts....... Why... I would prefer using my office chair with your system without your chair.... :<) I had to work on my Cougar Stick and complete the installation of Ian Johnson's gimbals and new Midori Hall sensors including soldering.... I sat too long......in a straight back chair and could not work out ... as my low back was in a great deal of pain:<(

I am going to c if I can locate your Monitor mounting system...... I would probably purchase a 30" to 34" gaming monitor for it...

Excellent work and craftsman:<)

Roland

Edited by CyStryker

If you use a normal desk chair you wouldn't need the pedal mount. All pedals are already designed for that use with the correct angle.

The rigs we are making don't come with a car seat. Everybody can mount the seat of their chosing.

Here are a few new renderings of the flight sim rig and the flight stand.

flight_seat_render_2.jpg

flight_seat_render_3.jpg

flight_stand_1.jpg

flight_stand_3.jpg

This could be an interesting replacement for my Obutto seat. Nice. Wonder how it could accommodate my center-mounted VKB Mamba with extension...

EDIT: After watching the video, I am now certain that I would like get that cockpit. German engineering for the win! :) However, it has to accommodate my BAUR BRD-F3 pedals, and aforementioned VKB Mamba MkIII w/ Extension. Do you guys need any additional info on the BRDs and Mamba bases? I could always reach out to the designers for specs...

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Haha this "Einheitspedal" cracks me up every time I see it. Thats soooo German.

We do have mounting plates for the black mamba in stock. When you use an extenion the vertical center piece can be shorter.

If the pedals have mounting holes the attachment should work without a problem. The pedal mount is seamlessly adjustable in height and width (longholes).

Edited by meisterolsen
  • Like 1

I have swapped the Einheitspedale for the Su-35 inspired ones for now, however, the base remains the same. I asked Baur if he has some drawings for the base to show the dimensions and the pre-made holes. For these pedals, I believe that the pedal mount should lay perfectly flat. Is that possible with your construction?

As for the Mamba - do you require any base plate for the Mamba, or, as you do with the TM Warthog, remove the base plate?

EDIT: Forgot to ask - do you think I could keep my Obutto seat and mount it onto your construction? :)

Thanks.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Yes perfectly flat is possible, just the lowest setting. Is you have a low seat you might want to use a small angle though.

No base for the black mamba, just screwed onto the mounting plate.

For the Obutto seat, if it has mounting holes you can screw it onto the profiles.

Not sure if you guys can apply the same concept with your current mounts but slide out from under the desk so it saves on space. Something like in the movie Batman v superman, Alfred was using it to pilot the plane and it was a thrustmaster warthog.

Awesome indeed, though have you picked up the throttle recently? Quite heavy.

Additionally, the concept of the current product is based around the 4040 alu profiles (which by themselves are a heck of an "invention").

Not sure if you guys can apply the same concept with your current mounts but slide out from under the desk so it saves on space. Something like in the movie Batman v superman, Alfred was using it to pilot the plane and it was a thrustmaster warthog.

Yeah that looks cool but do you really want these contraptions sitting constantly under you desk? That would limit your leg space and you would probably bump your legs into them constantly. I wouldn't like that at all.

Also it would be difficult to make them really rugged and stable. We would have to use very high quality and expensive slider systems.

• 2 weeks later...

I've received mine yesterday and WOW, what a great piece of work of deutsch ingenieurwesen! :thumbup:

It's way more confortable playing using this mount instead the old one that I was using before that doesn't allow me to change the height and also allows me to clamp it and dismount very easily, so nobody at home will complain anymore about bumping the leg on it. :lol:

I recomend it 101%

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Glad you like them. Pictures or didn't happen. ;)

Sure:smilewink:

With the MFG 7,5cm Warthog extension.

IMG_20160927_240312060.jpg

And my whole setup

IMG_20160927_225803119.jpg

Yes, I know, I need some cable management and also cleaning the dust of my desk:megalol:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount