Tips for BlueFlag with Ka50

Reaper6

I thought I would add a thread because I have been getting all kinds of questions. Especially for examples of what I am doing in my cockpit before, during, and after an attack. Non of my information is "top-secret" and I am happy to help with anything I can when it comes to the Shark. Also if you have information that is valuable to other Shark pilots, feel free to add. The only thing I would say is keep it on topic, factual information, and NO talk about systems that aren't even implemented for the Ka50.

I will try to add information as often as I can. More than likely ABRIS related because that is in my opinion the most valuable SA system you have at your disposal. I will add screenshots as well with explanations as requested by some other pilots. What I can say is that updating your ABRIS every few minutes, or when you recieve new information is key! With that being said lets talk about adding points of interest into your ABRIS.

(Step 1-6 is below, because it didn't add the screenshots)

7)For adding an "OBSTACLE" you will notice you are able to add the "ALTITUDE" for the obstacle. Also changed with the explanation above.

Page7.jpg.1cc8b349fd9a25f391d94b49ea1fd2c7.jpg

8)On this screen shot you will notice we have added a "REFPOINT" named "RTR" circled in red. We must now "Activate" this change, press FSK4 "ACTIV". Note that nothing on the screen will change when you press "ACTIV", but ABRIS has input this point no worries.

Page8.jpg.f07052d55c6593c3b3cdcff092c0f890.jpg

9)We must now save this change into our ABRIS plan. So from the same page we activated this point, select FSK1 "SELECT". You will have a sub-menu appear, scroll using ABRIS axis to "SAVE" and press ABRIS axis enter.

Page9.jpg.453f26fe924a79efb9bb5e3ce1135667.jpg

10)Do not save a route until you have enetered all the points you want to add. But once you have enetered all your points, "SAVE" will bring you to this screen. I have named this plan or "ROUTE" as "UPDATE1", entereing the name is the same as I described earlier using the ABRIS axis to select each letter. Once you have entered the name you want, press FSK4 "SAVE" to save the changes to the database.

You are able to have multiple plans or "ROUTES" in your database, and you can load or unload different ones (I will save this for a later date).

Page10.jpg.966f8a49abf6975764b79d1eb93192db.jpg

11)Once you have "SAVED" your changes you will come to this screen. You must activate this plan or "ROUTE" if you wish to use it. press FSK4 "ACTIV" to activate it as your current plan as circled in yellow.

Page11.jpg.b2ecd736afb8310d9ba0cfa598013ab7.jpg

12)Once you have activated your route, it will automatically bring you to the "NAV" or navigation page. You will notice our "REFPOINT" has been saved and is active in our route(marked by red circle).

Page12.jpg.b70532946edba2a0ca1e59508afefe66.jpg

And, you're done! As I have mentioned in prior posts I can do this pretty quickly because I use Cougar MFDs as inputs for ABRIS. Practice this and soon you will be inputting points within a few seconds. Before having MFDs I used the key commands instead of hovering the mouse over the in-cockpit ABRIS. Was much faster in my opinion, but whatever works best for you.

I also use multiple monitors and Helios, So I dont need to look at the in-cockpit ABRIS which is SOOO much easier and faster. Generally I can input a suspected enemy aircrafts position within 10 seconds. You don't need to input their exact loaction, just a general location to pay attention to.

Anyway, I hope this helps for people that haven't thought of using this function of ABRIS or didnt know how. I tried to explain in as easy of terms as I could. The ABRIS is the most complicated yet most useful system we have at our disposal in the Shark. If you have any feedback that I wasn't clear enough in my explanations or I didn't explain in-depth enough, please let me know. Thank you for your time!

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6
  • Like 2

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

1)You will always find yourself starting on the "MENU" page. I have circled in yellow "Additional Info = NO". This tells you if you or the ground crew(Mission Editor) has saved any lines, points, etc into ABRIS. We haven't added anything yet, so it will say NO. To get us started we need to select "PLAN" (3rd Function Select Key, or FSK)

Page1.jpg.fb6cdbeb2ab90111ec0070444850b06e.jpg

2)This will bring you to the "PLAN" page (ABRIS will tell you of which screen you're on in the top left corner of ABRIS). You will then select FSK 1 for "SELECT". This brings up a sub-menu, you can scroll thru this sub-menu with the ABRIS "Axis" rotary (Bottom right of ABRIS panel). The ABRIS Axis rotary is also a push type, this is basically a "Enter" button. Note I have scrolled to "ADD INF", and now we will push the ABRIS axis to select it.

Page2.jpg.3ebab0cc62ff5973479f9facc35afb67.jpg

3)Again note that the page we are on is named in the top left corner of the ABRIS screen. Once on this page, I have circled in red the "black box cursor" that will show up. This will appear directly over your aircraft initially, and I have slewed it away so it is visible. If it is already over a known point (airfield for example), you will not see the cursor. To slew the cursor around use your ABRIS axis, it will start by moving it left/right. You can change the axis to up/down by pressing the ABRIS axis enter.

Page3.jpg.28b221488b32104b723a21d157cd215d.jpg

4)Select FSK1 "ADD PNT", this will bring up a sub-menu. "DIRECTLY" is already highlited and this is what we want. So Press the ABRIS axis enter.

Page4.jpg.246df78e919ef6758ff1f7f670c94a51.jpg

5)Here you will notice "TYPE" with a yellow circle with a line going to "REFPOINT" circled in yellow. There are 6 different "types" for you to choose from(VOR, AIRPORT, NDB, LANDMARK, OBSTACLE, and REFPOINT). VOR, AIRPORT, and NDB "icons" will be the same as any other listed on the map. LANDMARK and OBSTACLE icons will be a black triangle. And REFPOINT icons will be a black "X".

You will also see a selection ">>" marked with a yellow circle pointed to coordinates and "RTR" marked with a yellow circle. The ">>" allows you to move thru these selections if you wish to change them. I have named the "CALLSIGN" RTR for RotoryWing. I generally use REFPOINT for when I have spotted an enemy aircraft position either myself or spotted by GCI or other friendly aircraft. I will explain how to input names in teh next screenshot.

Page5.jpg.184b04b8e5f158f79ba43afcffe0e4ad.jpg

6)You will notice the selection box is now around "RTR"(I have also changed the type to "LANDMARK"). In order to change names, have the box selected using the ">>" or FSK3. You can cycle thru each letter, punctuation, or number using your ABRIS axis rotary. Once you have selected the correct letter, press the ABRIS axis enter to move onto the next letter and so on. You are also able to input the exact coordinates of an object by going thru the same process for the Lat/Long coordinates.

Page6.jpg.0099a8adccffc5e24806175fdabfbea4.jpg

(Cont)

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I like the way you explain it so us old folks can understand lol. Nice Thank you again!

Flying sims since 1980

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

CPU: i7 6700K @ 4.7 GHz

Video: EVGA GTX 1080

Ram: Patriot DDR4 2800 8GBx2

PWR:Corsair RM750i

When you save programs/routes/points in the Abris in this way does it save them for use after mission restart etc?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

When you save programs/routes/points in the Abris in this way does it save them for use after mission restart etc?

Unfortunatley no.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Have never been digging so deep in creating flight plans by myself, but manual states, plans will be saved on HDD. That's not true (anymore)?

It's referring to the HDD inside ABRIS. You can save directly into the mission folder, using the "Plan Mission" function of Mission Editor. Would actually be nice if ED would somehow make it to where you could actually save this permanently thru "Saved Games" folder. But for now each time you select a new KA50, you're pretty much stuck re-planning your routes.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

It's referring to the HDD inside ABRIS. You can save directly into the mission folder, using the "Plan Mission" function of Mission Editor. Would actually be nice if ED would somehow make it to where you could actually save this permanently thru "Saved Games" folder. But for now each time you select a new KA50, you're pretty much stuck re-planning your routes.

Ah... OK...

I was referring to pg 7-68 (Manual EN) and thought it was a 'global' save.

Would really be nice if ED could implement storing routes and points in "Saved Games" so we can build up a database of FPs. And this would save us the tedious process in recreating the (almost) same flightplan over and over again. :thumbup:

Adding Lines to ABRIS

Adding lines is a very useful tool for planning routes in ABRIS. Probablly my second most used function of ABRIS, adding points being my most used. Adding lines is important to show suspected or known enemy aircraft routes, FEBA-Forward Edge of Battle Area, LOA-Limit of Advance, etc. Usually I am inputting these lines during pre-flight and start-up. But there are cases where you input these during flight, but not as often as adding points.

Being similar to adding points, adding lines follows the same procedures. Using steps 1-3 navigate to the "ADD INF" page of ABRIS.

1)Once at the "ADD INF" page you will select FSK2 or "ADD LIN" option, circled in yellow. Again you will have to manipulate your "black box" cursor away from your current point.

Screen_1.jpg.7cfafcf861d1c3efd259f90a08ab207f.jpg

2)Once you have selected "ADD LIN" you will arrive in the "LINE" page of ABRIS(noted at the top left corner of ABRIS screen). You will notice the exact coordinates of your "black box" cursor circled in yellow. Once you have the cursor at the coordinates, press FSK1 "ENTER" option. This will be the begining point of your line.

Screen_2.jpg.bf77c6f30b71fb6abd6b25f52d4c48ed.jpg

3)Once you have put the end point of the line where you want it, press FSK1 "ENTER" again to end that current section of the line. I have circled in yellow details for the current line I am drawing. Range from the start point of my CURRENT line, bearing, and reverse bearing.

You will also notice the current color selection of my line is "yellow", but the line I am working on is "red". Once you have finished a line it will revert to the color of line you have selected. The line you are working on will always be in red.

Screen_3.jpg.203c5d5ca15b1b316a02911432f8ed0d.jpg

4)To change the color of the line select FSK2 "COLOR", I have also circled in yellow the bars off to the right in the ABRIS screen. These are the available colors you have, some may contrast with other map objects or lines. So I mainly use the "ARC" page for a better representation of these lines.

You can only change the current set of lines you are working on as a whole, not as individual lines. If you wish to have different colors of lines, you will have to add them individualy. Also note that the width of the "white" line we have drawn is rather thick. This is letting you know that this line is part of your current set of lines.

Screen_4.jpg.9a1e81d309813e144023e4730f4a6d12.jpg

5)Once you have completed the current set of lines, press FSK5 "CANCEL", this ends your current group of lines.

Screen_5.jpg.fdb0e8a0fbcce4dd8ca5423118256547.jpg

6)Once you have finished your lines, you will notice if you slew your "black box" cursor away from these lines they are not selected or "thick" lines. You can save these lines the same as you would with the ADD PNT function. Follow steps 8-12 as we covered above.

Screen_6.jpg.6ab154e0f42dec623376665b201d2ee6.jpg

(Cont.)

"De oppresso liber"

Adding Lines to ABRIS(Cont.)

You can also go back and erase a line if you no longer want it shown on the ABRIS. From your "LINE" page, slew your "black box" cursor over the line you wish to delete. Notice the line again becomes "thick", you can select FSK2 "DELETE" and your line will be deleted. This will delete the ENTIRE group of lines for that selection! You will not be able to delete just one part of the line group.

Screen_7.jpg.b535f03f6269b9fb0f7d24d4976be5e1.jpg

Reaper6

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

Nicely done.

I just added your tutorials to my Ka-50 bookmarks stash.

I'm usually flying about freehand in Flight Director in Multiplayer. Your info will be a nice feature to be implemented in future flights. I never got very deep into using the ABRIS.

In 2.0 with the F99th guys, all I am given there is an automatic return point back to the field I took off from. Your notes will be useful---IF the ABRIS doesn't get damaged.

I use a special keyboard made by Logitech, the G510 :

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G510s-Gaming-Keyboard-Screen/dp/B00BCEK2LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471842328&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g510+keyboard

I bought it shortly after getting DCS, back about 2011. It has 54 programmable G-keys. I setup the 4 major keys to access the kneeboard cheat. When I get hit hard and luckily survive it, my ABRIS is most likely out and also most likely my hydraulics. At least I can find my way back to base and get repaired.

Don't know if it helps, but it seems to, I always have my APU all set to fire up and turn it on in-flight as auxiliary power and I also move the throttle for both engines to max. I don't fly with the APU always on, only if I get the low or no hydraulics warning, then I turn it on. Also fire off my remaining Vikhrs and drop any secondary stores to become a little bit lighter. Then fly back low and slow and hope enemy aircraft do not find me. I don't turn off the engine governors.

I never much liked BlueFlag flying the Ka-50. Guess I just did not understand what was going on. Since reading your tutes I understand more what is going on. The total war missions mimic what the WWII combat flight sim, "Aces High" has been doing for years in their weekly, special ops, couple hour duration, total groups immersion of reliving historic combat sorties. I rigged up SimpleRadio and have TS3 turned on; I will have to start communicating with you guys for common goal sorties.

Thanks.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nicely done.

I just added your tutorials to my Ka-50 bookmarks stash.

I'm usually flying about freehand in Flight Director in Multiplayer. Your info will be a nice feature to be implemented in future flights. I never got very deep into using the ABRIS.

In 2.0 with the F99th guys, all I am given there is an automatic return point back to the field I took off from. Your notes will be useful---IF the ABRIS doesn't get damaged.

I use a special keyboard made by Logitech, the G510 :

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G510s-Gaming-Keyboard-Screen/dp/B00BCEK2LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471842328&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g510+keyboard

I bought it shortly after getting DCS, back about 2011. It has 54 programmable G-keys. I setup the 4 major keys to access the kneeboard cheat. When I get hit hard and luckily survive it, my ABRIS is most likely out and also most likely my hydraulics. At least I can find my way back to base and get repaired.

Don't know if it helps, but it seems to, I always have my APU all set to fire up and turn it on in-flight as auxiliary power and I also move the throttle for both engines to max. I don't fly with the APU always on, only if I get the low or no hydraulics warning, then I turn it on. Also fire off my remaining Vikhrs and drop any secondary stores to become a little bit lighter. Then fly back low and slow and hope enemy aircraft do not find me. I don't turn off the engine governors.

I never much liked BlueFlag flying the Ka-50. Guess I just did not understand what was going on. Since reading your tutes I understand more what is going on. The total war missions mimic what the WWII combat flight sim, "Aces High" has been doing for years in their weekly, special ops, couple hour duration, total groups immersion of reliving historic combat sorties. I rigged up SimpleRadio and have TS3 turned on; I will have to start communicating with you guys for common goal sorties.

Thanks.

Thank you for your comments. Not sure if you already have it, or if you run multiple monitors, but "Helios" is also a great companion for DCS. It allows you to put your gauges, switches, etc on different monitors. I use a regular keyboard but I do have a front cockpit panel I made using 3 separate monitors.

There are also additional keypads available, I bought a "Genovation" one that I use strictly for the PVI inputting coordinates. You can print and cut labels for the keys. Kind of expensive, but well worth it in regards to saving time adding waypoints to the PVI.

https://www.amazon.com/Genovation-Controlpad-CP24-Keypad-CP24-USBHID/dp/B00O1ASXKO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_147_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D58SNYSV7NR3TZKP1D6D

85303869_Cockpit-1b.jpg.d91957e405cd461fc2c4ffefbc2008e0.jpg

I circled the keypad in yellow, just for example how I have it setup. You can also see how Helios is a valuable asset as far as gauges/readouts on different monitors. Since I took this picture I got rid of the X52pro and purchased the Warthog. Definitely a good investment!

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Combining Lines and Points in ABRIS

Here is an example of how I use the ADD LINE and ADD PONT function of ABRIS during BlueFlag. As I stated before, I generally use the "ARC" page instead of the MAP page while going in for engagements. You are able to see your lines way better in this screen. An example of what I use for possible fighter jet routes are red lines in ABRIS. This helps to keep me aware of those areas while enroute and attacking.

I have a Gazelle locked in my Shkval, and have entered it into my Data-Link Immediatley(Blue diamond sysmbol w/ #1). You will also nitice I have changed the Shkval indicators to "black" for better visibility.

Screen_A.thumb.jpg.e356b880babd28ce60791bec14f027bc.jpg

Here you can see I have replaced the Data-Link symbol with the ADD POINT option. Useful in knowing where possible Helicopters may travel in the future. Also there may be a wingman or transport heli in that area.

Screen_B.jpg.39372fd785603feb936c8b4936de8818.jpg

So hopefully this puts things a bit more in prespective of why these functions are important in your ABRIS.

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I didn't get any screenshots for the tip-of-the-day. But I would actually like to start getting some "gun cam"/Shkval footage in the future if anyone has experience doing that to help me out? I think if I actually got video of cockpit footage people might get nauseous from the amount of head movement I am doing.

But I do have one note for BlueFlag and the Ka50 refueling at FARPs. Since it is not possible to refuel by regular means because of some bug with the fuel trucks. If you capture a new FARP and don't want to respawn or can't because people have already taken the slots. Request all 4 pylons be outfitted wit drop tanks, switch on both internal and external hardpoint fuel pumps on. This will fill your internal tanks, slowly but better than flying hundreds of Km again. Once full request normal rearming, and you're all set!

I don't think this is cheating? Because you would normally be allowed to refuel at FARPs, it's just bugged!

Reaper6

• Like 1

"De oppresso liber"

This one thread explains more useful features of the ABRIS than many other combined. Thank you very much for sharing this information and I have also added this to my favorites.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

This one thread explains more useful features of the ABRIS than many other combined. Thank you very much for sharing this information and I have also added this to my favorites.

You're very welcome, and thank you for your kind words.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

ABRIS Options

I probablly should have covered this prior to lines/points, and you may or may not find this useful. Before adding lines, waypoints, or any other data to ABRIS you will want to setup some of the "OPTIONS" of ABRIS.

Setting up options in ABRIS is fairly simple and can be done quickly while your Shark is starting up. When your ABRIS has completed its power up/testing cycle, you will find yourself in the "MENU" page.

1) Select FSK1 "OPTION" to navigate to the "OPTION" page, I have circled in yellow on left ABRIS screeen shot(I have combined two ABRIS screenshots into one). The right ABRIS screenshot shows you the OPTION page.

I have circled in yellow "TRACK/HEADING" for information purposes. You will have two types of heading readouts in ABRIS. one being "TRUE" and the other being "MAG". Default is always TRUE North, but your mechanical guages in the Ka50 cockpit will read MAGnetic North. There are 3 types of north; Grid, True, Magnetic. But this is a lesson for a later date.

Once you have arrived on the OPTION page, select FSK1 "SETUP" which will bring up the sub-menu options. We want to select the "UNITS" sub-page.

Screen_1.thumb.jpg.76b6518207fd6888d0a8afbd8303146e.jpg

2)This will bring you to the UNITS sub-page, you will notice top left it has the current page as OPTION and right below it UNITS. Letting you know you are in the UNITS sub-page of OPTIONS. Here you can change your LAT/LON from "Degrees Minutes and Seconds"(Default), to "Degrees and Decimal Minutes". This is easier for you to get coordinates from ABRIS and enter them into your PVI(without needing to do math to convert the two). To change between the two options you can press the FSK4 "CHANGE", or simply press the ABRIS axis enter.You must change each (Latitude and Longitude) seperatley.

Screen_2.thumb.jpg.6ff9e7bb82efe0ec687c66d984af5e86.jpg

3) Next you may want to change some of the options for your ABRIS map. For BlueFlag generally people are using MGRS(Military Grid Reference System) to announce coordinates. If you're not familiar with map reading using MGRS, I will try and cover this later down the road.

We want to start off by selecting the FSK1 "SETUP", and scrolling the sub-menu to "CHARTS" and pressing the ABRIS axis enter. This brings you to the "CHARTS SETUP" sub-page, from here you are able to add or remove the different objects displayed on the ABRIS map. We want to display MGRS gridlines on our map instead of Lat/Lon lines. Circled in yellow on right ABRIS screen shot are these two options, you will have to scroll all the way down the Charts Setup page to see these options. I don't know how to type Russian, but the top one circled is Lat/Lon and the bottom "UTM CETKA" is MGRS(UTM being Universal Transverse Mercator).

Screen_3.thumb.jpg.58d68c6c7fa2d3896bd9c0b93a037dfc.jpg

4) Here we have changed the options of the Grid lines in the ABRIS map to be MGRS/"UTM CETKA by changing it from a "-" to a "+". We also change the one above Lat/Lon from a "+" to a "-".

Now you notice on the right screenshot we have the ABRIS map. It is displaying Lat/Lon coordinates in "Degrees and Decimal Minutes", circled in yellow at the bottom. And you will also see the MGRS lines on the map, also circled in yellow. The grid square identifier is a bit hard to read in ABRIS, but you get the idea. I have also circled in yellow the top portion of ABRIS, where it has "TRK 139o T. If we had changed the type of North to MAGnetic, the "T" to the right of 139o would be replaced by "M".

Screen_4.thumb.jpg.1440f0006b839f1a683d02a2645b5d05.jpg

Hope this helps a little in setting up your ABRIS. Doesn't take much time, and I think at least for me in BlueFlag is very helpful.

Reaper6

Edited by Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Thanks for the tips. The ABRIS is certainly an underutilized tool in the Ka-50. I hope to put some of these into practice next time I'm flying. Perhaps I'll catch you sometime in the next Blue Flag season.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Thanks for the tips. The ABRIS is certainly an underutilized tool in the Ka-50. I hope to put some of these into practice next time I'm flying. Perhaps I'll catch you sometime in the next Blue Flag season.

Most certainly, I'm always looking for a good wingman in BlueFlag.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

I didn't get any screenshots for the tip-of-the-day. But I would actually like to start getting some "gun cam"/Shkval footage in the future if anyone has experience doing that to help me out? I think if I actually got video of cockpit footage people might get nauseous from the amount of head movement I am doing.

But I do have one note for BlueFlag and the Ka50 refueling at FARPs. Since it is not possible to refuel by regular means because of some bug with the fuel trucks. If you capture a new FARP and don't want to respawn or can't because people have already taken the slots. Request all 4 pylons be outfitted wit drop tanks, switch on both internal and external hardpoint fuel pumps on. This will fill your internal tanks, slowly but better than flying hundreds of Km again. Once full request normal rearming, and you're all set!

I don't think this is cheating? Because you would normally be allowed to refuel at FARPs, it's just bugged!

Reaper6

+1 for applied logic

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

KA50 Kneeboard pages

I wanted to add a complete "pre-flight" checklist, for people to practice and get familiar with. I made one early last year that is fairly in-depth, for the hardcore Shark pilots. I made each page a separate image, so it makes it easier to place in your kneeboard folder. When you click "save picture as", DO NOT change the name of the image, as they are already in order.

If you get yourself familiar with this pre-flight checklist it helps greatly in certain situations, like different failures you may encounter. If you are familiar with the systems and functions it is easier to troubleshoot the problem.

As for the moment you aren't able to place the kneeboard in a different position on the screen(due to Integrity Check). But I've printed them out and works just as well, perhaps even better.

Download these pages, there is also 2 additional pages that didn't show up in the original post so download them as well(also keeping the original file names).

Just add these to:

DCSWorld/Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Cockpit/KNEEBOARD/indicator/CUSTOM

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2370096&postcount=14

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2370517&postcount=17

There is also a Google Doc I originally created, which has a 2 different Tabs "Combat" & "Full"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qm7E__XWqjn0fqUI9qrrul-dVDF8WkCAaYyEYGUfB_E/edit?userstoinvite=shkuperstein@gmail.com&actionButton=1#gid=2024048813

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

Very nice, thanks for all your efforts Reaper!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

... I would actually like to start getting some "gun cam"/Shkval footage in the future if anyone has experience doing that to help me out?

This is possible if you export the Shkval viewport to a position on any monitor and then use Fastone Capture (with this you can capture a user defined area of the screen) to save the video.

Example...

• Like 1

SIGBLOCK.png

two-and-a-half hours later I start getting the hang with this ABRIS.... ( wife & kids out )

It doesnt seem to forget the spots I marked/created despite I deleted them and the routes associated to it ( at least I think I deleted them ) but I can pull them up thru some menue and just hit "TO" and ABRIS will get me there....tons of info and I think I need another dozen hours to memorize what I found out. This thing is very deep indeed.

I need to play with it a lot more and then I may ask some questions, right now I am more then overwhelmed and disorientated ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X