FreeTrack and A-10C (64bt) HeadTracker Implementation

:(:( Hello guys i used the freetrack software, to fly on Falcon BMS et it's wonderful.

Since few weeks i bought DCS A10C Warthog and i want used freetrack to fly and after more attempts i can't configure the soft.

Can you help me please .

I have a Microsoft VX3000 for cam, and Freetrack 2.1.2.264, DCS World 1.2.6and the last DCS A10c 1.2.6

I really despair, I have not money, to buy a track ir, so can you help me, and sorry for my bad English ;-)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(:( Hello guys i used the freetrack software, to fly on Falcon BMS et it's wonderful.

Since few weeks i bought DCS A10C Warthog and i want used freetrack to fly and after more attempts i can't configure the soft.

Can you help me please .

I have a Microsoft VX3000 for cam, and Freetrack 2.1.2.264, DCS World 1.2.6and the last DCS A10c 1.2.6

I really despair, I have not money, to buy a track ir, so can you help me, and sorry for my bad English ;-)

NB:my dc world is install: Computer/c:/Programmes/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/

My a10c warthog: E:/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS A-10C

Why and how did you install them in separate locations?

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I Devrim thank you to answering me, i don't know why i install DCSW et A10c Warthog, but it's true?

You think that could result from there?

Thank you good evening

Ok so i desinstall all, and reinstall all in the same location.

Then can you help me for configure freetrack, for works in DCS A10 Warthog please, this evening i upgrade DCS with the new DCS version 1.2.6.19532 Thank ;-)

Edited by kakal Ice
mODIFICATION DECISION

Hi. May be installing DCS World and its module in different places was OK. But it may have been a problem for FreeTrack. Because -in my opinion- it's not very stable software yet.

Well. Download the file that attached to this post, and do these steps:

1) create a "headtracker" folder under "DCS World/bin/"

2) copy the "HeadTracker.dll" into "headtracker" folder that you created

3) copy "HeadTracker.dll" into "DCS World/bin/" folder.

Yes - copy it into different two places, and try your FreeTrack with A-10C.

I'm waiting for your reply about result...

HeadTracker.zip

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Hi Devrim :smilewink:,thank you for you for you assistace, that seems to be on the right track, in the game option i've now a new column "headTracker" but in the game there is nothing ?

After i had in the column mouse axes,3 values:

the first : Camera view horizontal

second: Camera view vertical

third: zoom caméra

I've deleted this value, for that does not disrupt the headtracking :(

Here is where I arrived, i wait your instructions :smilewink:

NB: i've take a picture of my options screen, but i don't know what i can do , to post this picture ?

Edited by kakal Ice
forget a file

...but in the game there is nothing ?...
By saying that I understand that your headtracking system is not functioning in game. Right?

If so, I want to ask that, you know you could move pilot-head in cockpit by moving your mouse. Now can you do that? Or is it just shaking and not moving?

My problem is somewhat different: I have a clip with IR leds, the camera is working (NX-3000) and in the free track software, all is working. In DCS World, in the control options, I am able to assign axes to the head tracker and when I hit tune axis, I also see input from my head movement. All fine and dandy.. but... when in the cockpit, i have NO movement whatsoever. Should I activate something when in the pit or should it immediately work?

I have my a-10c in ../mods/aircraft/a-10c and have put the dll in the bin directory there (and in the dcsworld bin folder).

Any help or clues?

Thanks!

Jeroen

My problem is somewhat different: I have a clip with IR leds, the camera is working (NX-3000) and in the free track software, all is working. In DCS World, in the control options, I am able to assign axes to the head tracker and when I hit tune axis, I also see input from my head movement. All fine and dandy.. but... when in the cockpit, i have NO movement whatsoever. Should I activate something when in the pit or should it immediately work?

I have my a-10c in ../mods/aircraft/a-10c and have put the dll in the bin directory there (and in the dcsworld bin folder).

Any help or clues?

Thanks!

Jeroen

Firstly, no need to put it in the /mods/.. folder so take it out of there.

I believe it needs to be in both DCS World/bin and /bin/headtracker. That's how I have it and it's working and I recall that when I only had it in one of those it wasn't working.

As you've got it working in the Control setup, I think that is probably all you need to do to get it working in-cockpit as well.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

it worked! excellent! Now i'm gonna try tuning this thing..

Cool, glad you got it working. Have fun!

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Believe me you'll find the answer in this thread.

Hey REL,

I had they same problem after upgrading to Win 8.1.

DCS wouldn't recognize Freetrack, anymore.

Then I tried FacetrackNoIR and I don't want to go back to Freetrack.

It worked right out of the box.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers!

Bexx0r

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe --- Win8.1 Pro 64Bit ---i7-2600K @ 3,4GHz --- 12GB RAM --- NVidia GFX670 --- TM HOTAS WARTHOG --- Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals --- PS3 Eye Cam (modified) --- 3-point Track Clip --- FacetrackNoIR 1.72

Have you tried opentrack, has free track support built in.

http://opentrack.sourceforge.net

Works do much better than free track interface, a lot easier to setup and tweak to perfection.

What is this? It looks scary with lots of science.

The only opentrack I know is this one:

http://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/blob/master/README.md

Edited by 69iAF~Mike