Leatherneck Simulations Mini-Update - SEPTEMBER 2015

Cobra847

Tornado, f-16, harrier, f-15E if your saying an f-18

Well it could be an F-16A :)

But my money is still on a prop or the viggen.

• Like 1

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Only just spotted this update. I'm now officially stupidly excited. :D

I'm hoping for something Russian (e.g. Mig 23), but I'll take pretty much anything post-WWII* from Leatherneck. :thumbup:

*I have all of the WWII modules for DCS, but I just can't get into them. :(

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

How would the P-3 have "New or unique methods of propulsion or force distribution" in the DCS context?

They are probably talking about the Leatherneck context. ED has released 3 prop AFMs. Leatherneck has released none.

How could they develop something as complex as an F-16 in less than a year? Assuming that they started working on it after the Mig-21.

I doubt they waited until they released the MiG-21 to start work on other projects.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How could they develop something as complex as an F-16 in less than a year? Assuming that they started working on it after the Mig-21.

Harrier Harrier Harrier!! :D That's my call and I am sticking to it. How else can you explain the early work from "The Great Novak"???

This was going on welllll before the Mig-21 release so yes...it is possible to see this as one of 2 that will be announced in the near future. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Harrier Harrier Harrier!! :D That's my call and I am sticking to it. How else can you explain the early work from "The Great Novak"???

This was going on welllll before the Mig-21 release so yes...it is possible to see this as one of 2 that will be announced in the near future. :)

Good find. I remember seeing this video ages ago and wondering how long before one of the teams develops a VTOL aircraft. The Harrier would be awesome

Intel i5-4670k @ 4.4 ghz | Corsair H100i | Gainward GTX 760 Phantom (overdue an upgrade) | Asus Maximus VI Gene MBoard | 8gb Corsair Vengeance | 3 x Sandisk/Crucial SSD's | Corsair AX760 PSU | Saitek X45 (ftw!)

"

That's what I was just thinking too.....with ground targeting radar.....hummm

Harrier??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

"Unique propulsion"? Could this possibly mean thrust vectoring?

"

That's what I was just thinking too.....with ground targeting radar.....hummm

Harrier??

I'm glad you guys are getting on board with the harrier hype. I am almost certain it will be. If I am wrong I will gift you all with Su-25T activation codes....:)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

im all about the harrier.... forget viggen

Same here! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CM HAF-X | Corsair HX1000i | ASUS P8P67Pro | Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.0GHz | Corsair CWCH70 | G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 4GB | Plextor M5Pro 256GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB * 2 RAID 0 | WD Caviar Green 2TB | Windows 10 Professional X64 | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedal

I'm accually excited about the possibility of a Viggen. Since the clues have been popping up from LNS, I have been researching the plane more and it seems like something I would enjoy. Being an American, the exposure to planes like these are limited and in my opinion getting to try out a realistic simulation of an aircraft and learn about all its systems beat seeing it idle in a museum or on a stick.

I'm accually excited about the possibility of a Viggen. Since the clues have been popping up from LNS, I have been researching the plane more and it seems like something I would enjoy. Being an American, the exposure to planes like these are limited and in my opinion getting to try out a realistic simulation of an aircraft and learn about all its systems beat seeing it idle in a museum or on a stick.

+1

BTW, good to see a fellow NorCal resident!

Is your handle a Subaru reference?

-Nick

Corsair is pretty much a given.

No body here gave a thought about IIRC the Yak 38?

Yak-38 > Harrier

The Yak-38 is revolutionary in that there hasn't been a fighter in the history of combat aviation that has found so many creative ways to crater.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!