Keyboard Controls map?

RobC

Hey guys, love the sim so far, but my one complaint thus far is that I really wish there was some type of a visual keyboard map for the main controls, like the one thats in Falcon 4.0 etc.

I realize the sheer number of key commands would make it pretty difficult to do all of them, but maybe omitting the majority of the startup and less used ones would make it do-able? I know there are several text lists available (inc the one that came with the game), but honestly I'm a pretty huge visual learner and a map would help me out immensely. Doing ok with just practice so far, but if anyone has a link to a decent map it would be highly appreciated. I looked pretty hard so far but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

There are few vidual keyboards charts with controls, forgot threads but I know it is here. Search more deeply ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Hey guys, love the sim so far, but my one complaint thus far is that I really wish there was some type of a visual keyboard map for the main controls, like the one thats in Falcon 4.0 etc.

I realize the sheer number of key commands would make it pretty difficult to do all of them, but maybe omitting the majority of the startup and less used ones would make it do-able? I know there are several text lists available (inc the one that came with the game), but honestly I'm a pretty huge visual learner and a map would help me out immensely. Doing ok with just practice so far, but if anyone has a link to a decent map it would be highly appreciated. I looked pretty hard so far but couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

As you say, the overwhelming number of key binds make a useable map of the keyboard a significant challenge. Making subset maps may be a good approach.

I see 159th Viper has posted a great link while I was writing this. I'll add the following any ways...

The following thread discussed the keyboard map idea, and there was a link included to a supposed map on another site:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=680323&highlight=keyboard+command+map#post680323

More useful, perhaps, is the information about the parser. If you are so inclined, it could be a good starting point for extracting the lists of key binds, and using them for making your own keyboard map(s). If you go to the trouble of making any, I'm sure other people would appreciate being able to get a copy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's no place like 127.0.0.1