Mig-21 bis for LockOn

beczl

Thank you very much for the great addon!

A couple of questions:

Where is the folder OUTPUT for this aircraft?

How to shoot with GUV?

What does you mean OUTPUT? You cah shot the GUV like the normal gun. Switch to gun with key [C] than select gunpod with key [D]. That's all.

I have no time to try it yet. Hope i'll get to it soon.

As a little thank you, have a few cold ones from me too.

Thanks I've got it. thumbup.gif

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having fun with this MiG-21 and bit of sentimental feeling with JRV i PVO skin I made this evening... too bad all the red writing is in Hungarian, any chance beczl to translate it to english in photoshop by making new layer, which I can then convert?

screenshot003pu.jpg

screenshot006hqm.jpg

screenshot007je.jpg

screenshot008pt.jpg

screenshot009su.jpg

as a thanks and as promised, I clicked the button again :thumbup:

• Like 2

No longer active in DCS...

Great skin. About the text's: I can try translate it to english, but it will very difficult because the Hungarian texts not 100% translated from the Russian sources texts. It contain several coded names for each electronic, hydaulic, IFF and so on... blocks. If somebody has a russian text map I can translate it to english as well. Thanks for yopur click. I've got it. thumbup.gif

Issue with the cockpit lighting. As Kuky mentioned when you turn it on in daylight it renders the cockpit panels black with nice red illumination. Trouble is that in the darkest night it is very weak, practically you can't see anything. Screens attached.

I read about the 4 lights in the manual but that doesn't help the situation.

ScreenShot_149.thumb.jpg.8ece40062e0d33ae32cd71e5f847da95.jpg

ScreenShot_148.thumb.jpg.6b80ccb2e120e8cf8290126e2e72ce1d.jpg

Edited by =RvE=Tito

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

It's not an issue, those are just the nighttime cockpit textures. When cabin lights are switched on, textures switch from a day to a night variant.

See Kabina-MIG-29A.SKINS below:

skin
{
value = 0.0;
material = {"tutorial_gauges", "Standart", "Tutorial_gauges.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-1.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_2", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-2.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_3", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-3.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_4", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-4.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_5", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-5.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_6", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-6.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_7", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-7.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_8", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-8.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_HUD", "Standart", "ils-glass-darktone.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1_guncam", "Standart", "Tutorial.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Red_Light_SPO", "Standart", "BANO-SPO-10.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_KM1", "Standart", "K1M.bmp"};
}

skin
{
value = 1.0;
material = {"Tutorial_gauges", "Lighting Standart", "Tutorial_gauges_lm.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1_guncam", "Standart", "Tutorial_gauges.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-1_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_2", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-2_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_3", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-3_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_4", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-4_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_5", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-5_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_6", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-6_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_7", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-7_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_8", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-8_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_HUD", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-ILS_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_KM1", "Standart", "K1M_night.bmp"};
}

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

The dark cockpit in daylight is a minor problem, the thing is that you see sh*t in the night.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Yes as Blaze said it's a normal night texture using method. The black texture caused by the ED night cockpit method. They don't use a separated night cockpit textures. The stock cockpits has an illuminated instruments only. The cockpit other textures remain untouched. Why do you want to use a night light in daytime operation?

If you change the ...night.bmp to a normal one in the Kabina-MIG-29A.SKINS. You haven't got a black texture but the other lightened textures goes a bit strange..

If real all light can be adjustable. In FC2 it won't. So I set all instrument and other lights volume to a standard combat settings as well. I had a lot of discussion about the night cockpit with retired and still active Mig-21Bis pilots. I have a video and several pics about the correct color and light intense. Belive me the pilot's in night see very similar in real Mig-21Bis.

Edited by beczl

Yes as Blaze said it's a normal night texture using method. The black texture caused by the ED night cockpit method. They don't use a separated night cockpit textures. The stock cockpits has an illuminated instruments only. The cockpit other textures remain untouched. Why do you want to use a night light in daytime operation?

If you change the ...night.bmp to a normal one in the Kabina-MIG-29A.SKINS. You haven't got a black texture but the other lightened textures goes a bit strange..

If real all light can be adjustable. In FC2 it won't. So I set all instrument and other lights volume to a standard combat settings as well. I had a lot of discussion about the night cockpit with retired and still active Mig-21Bis pilots. I have a video and several pics about the correct color and light intense. Belive me the pilot's in night see very similar in real Mig-21Bis.

Ok, I understand about the dark textures and it's all fine. You wouldn't need cockpit lights in daylight of course. The question is about the lights when it's really dark, like 2 AM. I'll post the screenshots again.

This is instruments illumination in daylight 9 AM

ScreenShot_149.jpg

and this is instruments illumination in night 2 AM

ScreenShot_148.jpg

Why they look so different?

=RvE=

If you change the Kabina-Mig-29.skin for the following you can see what method in use by ED:

skin

{

value = 1.0;

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-1.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_2", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-2.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_3", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-3_night.tga"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_4", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-4.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_5", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-5_night.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_6", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-6.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_7", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-7.bmp"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_8", "Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-8_night.tga"};

material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_KM1", "Standart", "K1M.bmp"};

The ED use an automatic darkener process for all cockpit textures at night . If I won't use a darkened textures the whole cockpit will be very light at night. Also can test the lightened ones just change all texture types from "Standart" to "Lighting Standart" at subsection "value = 1.0;"..

Is there are any campaigns or missions for this masterpiece? :helpsmilie:

I tried to remade standard ones for MiG-21 but it is quit uninteresting :(

What's the flanker campaign that comes with it? "Spring Tempest"?. Normally theres a 4 ship MiG-29A in most of those missions that fly out of Sukhumi down the coast. Why don't you set up another 2-4ship of MiG-21bis to tag along with them. Set the Su-27 flight as AI. :) Don't blame me if you get owned though... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great! I got the night cockpit working. Here's what I changed in the KABINA-MiG29A.skins file - "Lighting Standart" option to all textures except for HUD and guncamera:

skin
{
value = 1.0;
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-1_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_2", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-2_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_3", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-3_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_4", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-4_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_5", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-5_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_6", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-6_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_7", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-7_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_8", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-8_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Red_Light_SPO", "Lighting Standart", "BANO-SPO-10.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_KM1", "Lighting Standart", "K1M_night.bmp"};

And here's the result

ScreenShot_150.jpg

Just the radar screen is too bright but it's pretty useless anyway. Now I can see in night :D

=RvE=

Great! I got the night cockpit working. Here's what I changed in the KABINA-MiG29A.skins file - "Lighting Standart" option to all textures except for HUD and guncamera:

skin
{
value = 1.0;
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_1", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-1_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_2", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-2_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_3", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-3_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_4", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-4_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_5", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-5_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_6", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-6_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_7", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-7_night.bmp"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_8", "Lighting Standart", "Mig-21-cockpit-8_night.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Red_Light_SPO", "Lighting Standart", "BANO-SPO-10.tga"};
material = {"Mig21_Cockpit_KM1", "Lighting Standart", "K1M_night.bmp"};

And here's the result

ScreenShot_150.jpg

Just the radar screen is too bright but it's pretty useless anyway. Now I can see in night :D

Well.. it means that one of those "Lighting" from 1 to 8 shouldn't be there, that's why probably the radar came out the way it did. I'm just saying,.. :P

Edited by neutryno
  • Like 1

Looks awsome and exiting but, i can't find the tracks to play and how can i fly it? Please don't tell me i have use the mission editor, i could never make this @#$&^%$#@ thing to work.

Intel i5 2500K 4.2 Ghz

GTX560 Ti Twin Frozr ii

16 Gb DDR3 RAM

Win 7 64 bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well.. it means that one of those "Lighting" from 1 to 8 shouldn't be there, that's why probably the radar came out the way it did. I'm just saying,.. :P

Good hint, it's number 3 ;) Now we have it finally :D

ScreenShot_151.jpg

• Like 1

=RvE=

What does you mean OUTPUT?

Folder with control settings . If I understood correct - Lock On.Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\Input\Aircrafts\F-16A

You cah shot the GUV like the normal gun. Switch to gun with key [C] than select gunpod with key [D]. That's all.

Thanks for the clarification.

Here are just a GUV(ГУВ - Гондола Универсальная Вертолетная/helicopter's universal container) exclusively for helicopters (Mi-8, Mi-24, Ka-29, Ka-50). They can not be applied to aircraft. Especially on supersonic plane.

MiG-21bis used container UPK-23-250 with double-barrel canon GSh-23L.

What's the flanker campaign that comes with it? "Spring Tempest"?. Normally theres a 4 ship MiG-29A in most of those missions that fly out of Sukhumi down the coast. Why don't you set up another 2-4ship of MiG-21bis to tag along with them. Set the Su-27 flight as AI. :) Don't blame me if you get owned though... :D

Where can I download this one? :helpsmilie:

EDIT:

Just founded it! Thank you!

Edited by tapac5

Folder with control settings . If I understood correct - Lock On.Flaming Cliffs 2\Config\Input\Aircrafts\F-16A

Thanks for the clarification.

Here are just a GUV(ГУВ - Гондола Универсальная Вертолетная/helicopter's universal container) exclusively for helicopters (Mi-8, Mi-24, Ka-29, Ka-50). They can not be applied to aircraft. Especially on supersonic plane.

MiG-21bis used container UPK-23-250 with double-barrel canon GSh-23L.

Yes the Mig-21Bis input settings found in ...\Config\Input\Aircrafts\F-16A

Several AF in eastern block (Hungarian AF also) and middle east AF use this block types as universal block due it has a common electric controller mechanism and control connectors and fit helo's an airplanes as well. The GUV is much larger and heavier than UPK-23-250 because it has a large ammo capacity so the supersonic flight is impossible with this pod in normal cases. The Mig-21 can carry a lot of non-conventional weapons such as AIM-9, KH-66, KMGU-1, Napalm tanks, Recce pods and so on... Unfortunately it's not documented well and only a few photos available from this weapons usage.

KH-66, Napalm tanks, Recce pods and so on...

Some of this weapon was used on the MiG-21 by Flight Operations Manual :).

KH-66 originally developed for the MiG-21PFM

pic_6.jpg

Recce pod on MiG-21R

15-1.jpg

Napalm tanks ZB-500Sh on MiG-21bis in Afganistan

nk_gallery_08.jpg

a few photos available from this weapons usage.

If you have a photo of MiG-21 with the GUV I'll be glad to look.