DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

I really do not understand this upcoming release.. For ww2 i play Il2 and it does a damn good job for that. I rather have seen the people that made this make another fastmover. So one team could have done the FA18C and the P51guys could have done for example a Mig29.

I just dont get the part where this fits in.

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...i play Il2 and it does a damn good job for that....

If like me, you are a Purist with an appreciation for Flight, well then let's just say that the P-51D will change your mind insofar as the above quote is concerned.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It's called multi tasking.

Indeed. And they've a good chance of getting more revenue from a successful diversification move such as the Mustang, too. Which moola they can then use to hire more staff to get more jets done :music_whistling:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

For ww2 i play Il2 and it does a damn good job for that.

It does a nice job on the combat.

It completely fails on "flight".

Don't get me wrong, doing the combat is nice and fun, but speaking personally I want it "as real as it gets", and that's what DCS is offering, and that's why I'm excited about DCS:P-51D.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

^^^^

You want ED to keep producing modern jets?

Support their expansion into other markets.

I bet most of you have NO CLUE whatsoever into how a tail-dragger flies.

Find out what your fathers/grandfathers flew! It is VERY different from a jet. VERY!

I completely agree. While I desperately want a Superhornet I love flying and I love the detail. I simply cannot wait to learn how to fly this wonderful Aircraft!

My Specs

Asus Maximus Hero IX Z270

i7 7700k @ 4.7GHz

32GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3700MHz DDR4

EVGA RTX 2080Ti

Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2

Acer XB270HU 144Hz @ 1440p (IPS)

Valve Index

OOOOhhh, I wish I had the Alpha of a Hornet!

This is great news. ED has just raised the bar again.

Some key points in Wags post in case some of you were blinded by your own shortsightedness. smilewink.gif

The P-51D will be the first aircraft in the Flying Legends series that focuses on historical aircraft that have set benchmarks in combat aviation.

...it has evolved into an independent product that adds an all new dimension to the DCS universe.

The development of the P-51D and other Flying Legends series aircraft definitely does not preclude the continued development of modern aircraft.

ED is going to own the air combat sim market from here on out. I would bet there are very few warbird aficionados that are going to pass at the chance to fly these beautifully handcrafted, simulated to the Nth degree airplanes that ED are capable of releasing...

ah cool.

So I take it this is just a tribute rather than something that will try to compete with iL2 even though it is just one plane?

Will there be a WW2 campaign to go with it? edit: I suppose it wouldn't need one, you could just add in a few WW2 adversaries.

Either way it'll be a great contrast to the A-10C, just as the classic cars added something to Forza.

For peoples who complain.... maybe you have not see this is a " side " project, called flying legends ... this is not the next modern air fighters who will take place following the DCS A10C ...

If you dont like old planes, props, dont buy it... you will wait for run the next DCS "modern fighter" ... so the discussion about " it will have been better with x or y ". This is a no sense there...

- I7 2600K @5.2ghz ( EK full Nickel waterblock )

- Gigabyte P67A-UD7 B3

- 8GB Predator 2133mhz

- 2x HD7970 - EK Nickel EN H2o block

- 2x Crucial realSSD C300 Raid0

- Black Widow Ultimate - X52 -TrackIR 5

- XIfi Titanium HD

- Win 7 x64Pro

I wish people would and could understand what ed is doing here. This is only going to help us all out in the future "if" and "when" more aircraft are released. What is the goal for having a business? Grow, get more money, with that comes more stuff for us. I won't buy DCS P-51D cause that's not my cup of tea. I still haven't bought A-10C yet, but I do have FC2, BS1, BS2 and will buy FC3 when it's released.

branching out

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

I honestly can't see how this can work. Modern SA systems vs a P51..really??? If this is being looked at realistically it needs a new theatre with time specific vehicles etc.

DCS is not MSFS, so please don't dilute the amazing product you have with unrealistic aircraft.

For me realism gone in one fowl swoop of a bad decision.

If you gave it a home other than Georgia and Nevada, such as France on D Day then ok, lets go new sim. But really a P51 vs an SA11?????????

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@winz

I like your post but I disagree.

To make it short with my crappy english, i will say

"By trying too many things at once, you risk not getting any"

I disagree with your statement. Winz is actually right, cause the rooting of ressources is an important assessment within a Company. And comparing the Roadmap with the things which are to be expected soon and the lvl of detail of already released products and their degree of complexity, I think that ED already found a good balance.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

DCS is not MSFS, so please don't dilute the amazing product you have with unrealistic aircraft.

What part of the bottom quote does not make sense?

The P-51D will be the first aircraft in the Flying Legends series that focuses on historical aircraft that have set benchmarks in combat aviation

But really a P51 vs an SA11?????????

Give the mission-designers a wee bit more credit will you.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh come on viper, that would be fun. You never tried to kill a S-300 with a 27?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

a-10legacy.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!!:thumbup: Fantastic choice ED/TFC in making this your first Legends aircraft.I'm very,very excited to bring the High Fidelity DCS Standard to a WWII Iconic Warbird.

Question??? is this some new terrain I see to The Mustangs right side?

P-5120PRE20ALPHA204.jpg

Patrick

mini.gif

You never tried to kill a S-300 with a 27?

Nope - I'm a Toadie :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Question??? is this some new terrain I see to The Mustangs right side?

P-5120PRE20ALPHA204.jpg

The only new terrain here is the cockpit of P-51 reflexing in the canopy... :)

I think it's Batumi region.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

...For me realism gone in one fowl swoop of a bad decision....

?

I'd say you need you reevaluate your view of realism. And what this module, in fact DCS as a whole, is all about.

...But really a P51 vs an SA11?????????

Why would you put the P-51 up against an SA-11? Although, that said, it'd be no less realistic than engaging one in an A-10C, and plenty of 'realism' fans around here do that.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Why are such detailed WW2 aircraft popular in FSX? That's a modern environment.

Nate

Because you can fly to the airport you want in the world, fly IFR with vors, ndb, and because you enjoy of the environment all over the world

A P51 in DCS, to fight with who? su25, mig29, F15...

IL2 with 4.11 is awesome, and that is with out mods

Not with DCS-level of simulation.

And with who are you going to fight? and in what environment?

I don´t see it

Greetings