Saitek SST Problem on Win 7 64 bit

Joeben

How to uninstall Saitek driver and SST software? I fail to find an corresponding entry in the programs and feature screen.

Windows 10

Unplug the Saitek device(s) you want to uninstall.

For the driver

All Settings -> Find a setting -> type 'Device Manager'

Device Manager -> View -> click 'Show Hidden Devices'

You will most likely find the Saitek devices under 'Human Interface Devices'

Right click on the device and click 'Properties' to bring up the device/driver details to check if it's the device/manufacturer you want to remove.

Right click on the device and click 'Uninstall' to delete to existing driver.

Reboot and check the 'Hidden Device' has been removed. If not repeat the process.

Not sure about the SST Software as I've always had an uninstall option via Settings 'Apps and Features' or via the 'Start Menu'. Once the drivers are removed, you might just need to delete any Saitek folders in 'Program Files', 'Program Files (x86)' and any files in windows 'temporary' folder(s).

YMMV

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 1 year later...

It's been two years since but it might help.

Nirsoft's "usbdeview" is a perfect tool to look for any USB that ever got attached to your PC, incl. any Saitek gear that is currently disconnected.

You can find and delete any USB ever connected.

2nd advice is a link another forum member once posted for USB3 drivers, very good source with info and forum. The website is http://www.win-raid.com. You have to go to the forum and look for the USB section. There you find the NEWEST drivers for all common USB chips.

They are usually newer than what you can get from the motherboard vendor or PCIe card vendor. RTFM before you go to work ! Some driver routines need a cert import 1st etc.. READ !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

OK, since this thread has been bumped anyway and I have a very similar issue with my X52pro now, I thought I'll post here:

3 days ago the Profile Editor just stopped working for me. I was setting up a profile for F-86F and I messed up when setting up bands for the throttle slider (I wanted to assign all 3 positions of airbrake switch to it without using advanced commands while also keeping it as an axis in a different mode - as a result I ended up with a perpetual "bbbbbbbb" input that wouldn't stop even after unplugging the stick :D) and I ended up hard resetting the PC (Windows 10 Pro x64, Creators update not installed yet). When it booted back up, the profile editor wouldn't start anymore: I can select existing profiles in the profiler and they work correctly but the profile editor doesn't even launch. At all. No matter if I start it from the profiler menu, from start, by directly accessing the exe (I even tried running it from the command line and slapping some bullshit parameters on to it hoping Saitek left any diagnostic stuff there). Nothing. I tired removing the software, drivers, even registry entries (not only those mentioned in this thread but everything related to Saitek) and installing everything from scratch (solving an issue with BSODs that I had due to originally installing the drivers while plugged into USB 3.0 in process), I added Profile Editor to exceptions in Windows Defender.... I even tried uninstalling recent windows updates (can't restore because Win 10 restore is broken and I lost my restore points). I even went through the bullshit copypasta I received from Saitek/Logi support that was not related to the issue I described and solved nothing.

Nothing worked. Whatever I do I come to the same result: everything else works properly but the profile editor won't budge. It doesn't just crash right after launching, it does not launch at all, it never even shows up in processes in any form (nor does whatever it is supposed to launch). I can only edit profiles by manually editing the .pr0 files in notepad, which kinda sucks considering I have just bought the A-10C

Clean Uninstall of Saitek Drivers

@m4ti140 -- I had problems getting my X52 Pro to work on a second PC and ended up having a long chat with someone at Saitek. I was given the following instructions in order to do a truly clean uninstall of Saitek drivers and software. My problem is probably different from yours in that I never had the X52 Pro running on that PC and still have issues. There might be a compatibility problem. That's why there is some info here on checking the USB driver installation. In any case, I hope this helps you.

Paul

A: Clean driver install - this will need to be done under safe boot, with the connection to the internet severed.

If you're connected to the internet via a cable then disconnect

Restart the PC and get it into Safe Mode during the boot up (usually F2/Del or F11 depending on the BIOS manufacturer)

Go to device manager and delete the X52 Pro entries from the HID section, checking the remove driver box first, dont restart if promted

Scan for new hardware changes, if any new entries for the X52 Pro appear, delete those as above

Keep repeating 3 and 4 until the X52 Pro doesn't appear in the HID section. At this point all versions of the X52 Pro drivers should be removed from the registry

Reboot - back into safe mode and run step 3. IF there are no entries for the X52 Pro there then we can be pretty confident your PC is clean.

Uninstall all Saitek related software from the Programs and Features

B: RegEdit - Whilst still in Safe Boot if you're allowed go into the Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_06A3&PID_0762

Delete that folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_06A3&PID_0762

Delete that folder

C: USB Chipset

At this point we can check to see if the PC is working OK in a very clean state in reference to the X52 Pro. If it is then we can reboot back into normal mode (with the connection to the internet still severed)

Check the PC again

if its OK, then we can look at installing the downloaded drivers again manually via the unzip method.

If it doesn't then we need to look at updating the USB chipset driver via the manufacturer site.

Type 'System Information' into the search bar to being up detailed info such as the motherboard manufacturer and model number

Unplug the X52 Pro (important!)

Reconnect to the internet and download the latest USB chipset drivers and install (if you've done this already then me might have to look at enabling USB legacy drivers but that usually doesn't help

• ED Team
@m4ti140 -- I had problems getting my X52 Pro to work on a second PC and ended up having a long chat with someone at Saitek. I was given the following instructions in order to do a truly clean uninstall of Saitek drivers and software. My problem is probably different from yours in that I never had the X52 Pro running on that PC and still have issues. There might be a compatibility problem. That's why there is some info here on checking the USB driver installation. In any case, I hope this helps you.

Paul

A: Clean driver install - this will need to be done under safe boot, with the connection to the internet severed.

If you're connected to the internet via a cable then disconnect

Restart the PC and get it into Safe Mode during the boot up (usually F2/Del or F11 depending on the BIOS manufacturer)

Go to device manager and delete the X52 Pro entries from the HID section, checking the remove driver box first, dont restart if promted

Scan for new hardware changes, if any new entries for the X52 Pro appear, delete those as above

Keep repeating 3 and 4 until the X52 Pro doesn't appear in the HID section. At this point all versions of the X52 Pro drivers should be removed from the registry

Reboot - back into safe mode and run step 3. IF there are no entries for the X52 Pro there then we can be pretty confident your PC is clean.

Uninstall all Saitek related software from the Programs and Features

B: RegEdit - Whilst still in Safe Boot if you're allowed go into the Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\DirectInput\VID_06A3&PID_0762

Delete that folder

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM\VID_06A3&PID_0762

Delete that folder

C: USB Chipset

At this point we can check to see if the PC is working OK in a very clean state in reference to the X52 Pro. If it is then we can reboot back into normal mode (with the connection to the internet still severed)

Check the PC again

if its OK, then we can look at installing the downloaded drivers again manually via the unzip method.

If it doesn't then we need to look at updating the USB chipset driver via the manufacturer site.

Type 'System Information' into the search bar to being up detailed info such as the motherboard manufacturer and model number

Unplug the X52 Pro (important!)

Reconnect to the internet and download the latest USB chipset drivers and install (if you've done this already then me might have to look at enabling USB legacy drivers but that usually doesn't help

OMG it finally worked... I disconnected from the Internet booted up into safe mode as you suggested, nuked X52pro in device manager, removed the registry entries you mentioned (and a couple more - previously I only cleansed the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder), removed Saitek programs, booted into normal mode, unplugged my joystick. Then I cleansed the registry again and manually deleted any file from my PC still related to Saitek (particularly in AppData and ProgramData folders for all users - I discovered a couple new config files that were not removed during uninstall in process) save for my profiles and the driver downloads (not the unpacked drivers). Then I unzipped the driver exes into downloads and ran the msi files for drivers and software from there, with administrator privileges. And boom, it finally worked.

My bet is that it was either broken registry entries or one of the config files kept between reinstalls. I haven't reinstalled the Windows updates I removed back then yet, so it might still break. I will first make the profiles for all modules I own just in case :P. Thanks anyway, your post should be stickied somewere