AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1

Has this fixed the weird spikes and glitches on the maps text?

I havent been home to check.... but that was the first thing I was gonna check.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Driver has gone WHQL today, it's identical to the 14.4 RC1 version so those who already have it installed need not worry :)

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+7+-+64

Woot! woot! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

so what is the proper way to install these drivers?

i used ot boot into safe mode - uninstall driver, run a cleaner, install new driver, reboot.

it that process still valid? Will i be able to preserve my CCC profiles or will i loose them?

Sounds promising....

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

i used ot boot into safe mode - uninstall driver, run a cleaner, install new driver, reboot.

it that process still valid? Will i be able to preserve my CCC profiles or will i loose them?

Sounds promising....

I followed that exact process, about 30 minutes ago. All went well.

As for the preserving, I went ahead and made screen shots of my CCC settings, and had to reset my overclocking rates. Unfortunately, I've never tinkered with profiles, so I can't say.

regardless, this 14.4 release is the bomb!!! I can't believe what a performance pickup I got for my AMD. It's really helped to fly in DCSW...

:thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Very pleased with these updated drivers 14.4 I'm running a 7990 and could hardly get above 15 fps on ground, now with a few tweaks, set on high, lowering resolution, dropping AA down to x2 I manage 30 to 60fps It's changed the whole sim for me I manage to fly, shoot and land without feeling ill . At last something nice to complement my cards ,thankyou for the info Mustang )

Sounds promising....

I tried the DUU for the first time with these drivers and noted after I ran the utility that there still remained a hell of a lot of remnants and leftover ATI files and entries left of the old driver, which I have been led to believe is not good at all.

As a consequence I reverted to my 'ol trusty method of the uninstall via Control Panel, then Driver Sweeper and thereafter CCleaner. Apparently Driver Sweeper is the only tried and trusted utility that removes all traces of the old driver from my system - been using it for years without issue.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I tried the DUU for the first time with these drivers and noted after I ran the utility that there still remained a hell of a lot of remnants and leftover ATI files and entries left of the old driver, which I have been led to believe is not good at all.

As a consequence I reverted to my 'ol trusty method of the uninstall via Control Panel, then Driver Sweeper and thereafter CCleaner. Apparently Driver Sweeper is the only tried and trusted utility that removes all traces of the old driver from my system - been using it for years without issue.

I noticed this too, so I also used Drive Sweeper and CCleaner to flush out the remaining leftovers. then applied the 14.4.

So Far 4 PCs and Boosts in Performance... In my house..

3 of the PC's had issues with the install package Messing with Chipset/SATA Drivers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Installed these yesterday, i didnt benchmark, but as a reference flying the Huey around Batumi with most settings turned down i would drop frames and get about 15 to sometimes as low as 5 to 8 on some of the missions we fly there. Flying there now i stay above 25 and mostly above 30, as high as the 80's with most settings on High. I have a 7970 3Gig Factory Overclock. It still could be my imagination..................

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

Installed these yesterday, i didnt benchmark, but as a reference flying the Huey around Batumi with most settings turned down i would drop frames and get about 15 to sometimes as low as 5 to 8 on some of the missions we fly there. Flying there now i stay above 25 and mostly above 30, as high as the 80's with most settings on High. I have a 7970 3Gig Factory Overclock. It still could be my imagination..................

I have the same card and I also didn't benchmark. I have got some very good gains from these new drivers. I initially thought 25% but I think its closer to at least +40%.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Played a bit the other night with my A10C and the new 14.4 certified. Everything was buttery smooth on my MSI R9 290.

No one should base their purchase around the GPU and performance hit in DCS anymore!

Can't wait for EDGE.

Me too, Cross fire Support, So I can Unleash all my shaders :p

updated driver for people with problems installing:

So I guess they do listen to my reports..

AMD has received feedback that some users are unable to install the Catalyst 14.4 driver on some motherboards with AMD chipsets. We have investigated the issue and have determined that it was caused by the AHCI driver component that was included with the driver package.

We have therefore removed the AHCI driver component from the driver package and will be providing it as a separate download.

If you were affected by this issue, we recommend you download and install this updated version of the driver.

Package contains the following graphics drivers and dependent/required software for the products specified in the current version's official release notes for the 64 bit version of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:

Display Driver ver. 14.10.1006

OpenCL Driver ver. 10.0.1348.5

Catalyst Control Center

HydraVision

Languages:

Czech, Danish, German, Greek, US English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified).

Hm. Still getting 15-18FPS looking at airfields with aircraft on them.

Doesn't matter if its 3 screens or 1 screen, or a small windowed game.

wtVAD6z.jpg

Its the models in the circles that cause it. If i very slowly move the camera so they go off screen, frame-rate skyrockets.

Edited by Sparky