Video Corruption and Related Card Issues

Tulkas

Whenever I try to set TEXTURES HIGH the mission won´t load. I get a glimpse of the cockpit, it disappear right away, a glmpse of water, disappears aswell and then the screen is black. But the sim is still working, I can hit ESC an appears a square (exit menu) with white rectangles where the text is suposse to be but there are no fonts to be seen. I click on the rectangle placed where the exit option is and I can get to the main menu and everything works ok.

So far playing around with the other graphic options I had no problem.

Asus P5Q PRO

Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00GHz

4Gb RAM

Asus ATI 4850

WindowsXP Pro 32b

Cheers

Tulkas

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

For such reports, return ALL graphics settings to lowest. If problem persists, write a report and indicate all settings at lowest.

If setting options to lowest solves the issue, increase each setting one by one until you identify the which is causing the problem.

Anti Aliasing, text size, and controls

I have the textures up to max and the anti aliasing at 16Q but still it isn't completely ant alised. Will that be fixed in the final?

And the text size is blurry and small, will that be changed as you stated it's an early beta?

And finally the controls are very loose. I just roll the stick and the plane rolls pitches dives on every axis. I tuned them but is it just cause of an early build?

I have the textures up to max and the anti aliasing at 16Q but still it isn't completely ant alised. Will that be fixed in the final?

And the text size is blurry and small, will that be changed as you stated it's an early beta?

And finally the controls are very loose. I just roll the stick and the plane rolls pitches dives on every axis. I tuned them but is it just cause of an early build?

This forum is for Hardware Issues only but, since you're here ......

Anti Aliasing must be set to Application in your graphics Cards settings, for the In game AA to work. You also need to tune the controls more :)

Nate

Sorry I did not explain myself properly:

Yes, I started testing from minimum graphic settings and increased the settings one by one. The problem is with TEXTURES > HIGH

The sim DOESN'T crash. The graphics appears to be corrupted as explained above but I can make my way back to the main menu and changing TEXTURES to MEDIUM everything is OK.

Tulkas

Sorry I did not explain myself properly:

Yes, I started testing from minimum graphic settings and increased the settings one by one. The problem is with TEXTURES > HIGH

The sim DOESN'T crash. The graphics appears to be corrupted as explained above but I can make my way back to the main menu and changing TEXTURES to MEDIUM everything is OK.

Tulkas

Have you tried re-installing DirectX?

Also, and I know this is always mentioned, have you updated your videocard drivers?

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Video frozen

Just installed 32 bit on XP, no errors.

I can use the menus with no error.

Load a training track and the screen freezes ... I can hear the voice and audio, switch F1, F2, F3 but the screen remains the same. The Un-Pause dialog doesn't disappear despite the audio starting up. The training text plays and changes. I can hit Esc and Q for quit and I return to the menu.

DCS:BS works fine as does LO:FC

Ideas?

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions.

No Alt-Tab and no over-clocking - I have a laptop (with a 512MB video card, so no slouch).

I tried Instant Action which works, but is horribly slow. As I said, I can play DCS:BS with 20ish FPS. Also, the A-10 the video looks horrible - must be something I'm doing wrong.

That also might be caused by some windows and/or firewall windows or messages for now. For example the Kaspersky Internet security message about DCS being keyboard interceptor or even ctrl+alt+del in Win 7/Vista.

"Я ошеломлён, но думаю об этом другими словами", - некий гражданин

Ноет котик, ноет кротик,

Ноет в небе самолетик,

Ноют клумбы и кусты -

Ноют все. Поной и ты.

While the NVIDIA Quadro FX 3600M is basically a GeForce 8600M GT, I'm not sure DCS supports a workstation GPU, however there may be drivers that can help, I'll have a quick look around.

Edit:- As ФрогФут has hinted at, try running without fullscreen on in the options for now.

Nate

Flashing Textures

4870x2 app pref for aa and ansio TSAA and 8x selected. when flying high above structures and looking down get some flashing textures that may be related to shadows (although thankfully none of the vertical lines of FC2 and BS) pretty sure it might havwe something to do with my settings, but I thought I'd throw it out there. A No shadows option would be nice.

edit: running low shadows; e8400. 4 gig ram

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" I'm not sure DCS supports a workstation GPU" - Never had a problem on any other game/program.

"try running without fullscreen"

Will do Nate,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

James

EDIT: ФрогФут - Thanks, I can't see any messages etc. I've disabled most stuff. I did have problems with DCS:BS and a Macro editor but this has been unloaded.

Edited by Kula66

Video Memory Usage

Just wondering how much Video Memory is used by DCS: A-10C I started MSI Afterburner and checked it.

Damn all of my 768MB were used of my 8800Ultra even on Medium settings :helpsmilie:

Can someone else do this on an card with 1GB, 1,5GB or even 2GB of Video Memory please?

I wanna buy a new GPU by the end of the year and was thinking about how much GPU Mem would be the best for A-10C.

Greets

Andre

What tool did you use to test it?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

This is really odd ... in instant action, I can fly the plane but the cockpit guages don't move! Also, the things like the HUD are in a terrible green font!

I realize this is a beta, so if you need any further trouble-shooting, let me know.

This is the first Instant Action, literally the first 20 seconds. Started flying, the needles spin-up and then don't move at all. As you can see the video is not a patch on DCS:BS or LO:FC!

The moving map seems to work a treat :)

Most settings on high apart from water. I've tried lowering these and it makes little difference to the apparent FPS.

jcTest-01.trk

ScreenShot_002.thumb.jpg.a232c4447ee791203f201ca4fc6aee76.jpg

Ah, thanks - didn't know this was the tool. :doh:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Just wondering how much Video Memory is used by DCS: A-10C I started MSI Afterburner and checked it.

Damn all of my 768MB were used of my 8800Ultra even on Medium settings :helpsmilie:

Can someone else do this on an card with 1GB, 1,5GB or even 2GB of Video Memory please?

I wanna buy a new GPU by the end of the year and was thinking about how much GPU Mem would be the best for A-10C.

Greets

Andre

word is that ATI`s 6 series is right around the corner.. i will wait for one of those.